The Student Room Group

macdonalds job process

Good information. I see a lot of people asking about application processes for jobs so I think this will help someone.

macdonalds job process

Good information. I see a lot of people asking about application processes for jobs so I think this will help someone.
Reply 1
Original post by leemahh
hi, im just going to outline macdonalds job process, so i was looking for a job since in turned 16 as i had personally was in need of money to support myself so i applied
1) i applied online for 3/4 jobs on a monday, and they got back to me on a wednesday asking me to book my time for the interview on the email they had sent, i sent it for 5ish on the following friday. (make sure you write some charity work you have done or something to make you interesting and hobbies and if you have done the national citizenship service (ncs)
2) i went to the interview, the lady was lovely and asked me questions like
-what do you like to do in your spare time
-who is your role model
-what does respect mean to you
-name a situation that has been difficult
and then i did the OJE like 10 mins after and i was working on drive through, the employee on drive through was nice and helped me alot.
after 10 mins of that i went back to the manager who asked if i was to get the job i what shifts would i be available for, i did all of them after school (doing ALEVELS) and weekends, the more availability the more chance.
i also brought documents required that they tell you in the email such as passport (mine was out of date) and birth certificate and my NI letter.
3)after the interview they got back to me in 1 week and told me i had got the job and sent like stuff to do online, (easy you just have to follow steps)
4) get called into an "welcome meeting" where they give uniform and stuff.
you will go in and do a health and safety test type thing, its really easy tbh and you just need to complete it, you will then get your uniform (sizing is normal like 6,8,10,12,14,16,18,20,22,24 etc) and you will get your welcome book also you will sign your contract
5) you also get your first shift , which i have now done but i dont know any of my shifts like no one has told me anything like what do i do ? ive rand afew time and they all so that the manager will ring me tomorrow, its so anoyying that they dont sort this out.

havent started working yet but will update this and let you know
i hope this has helped someone as i was stuck too
[QUOTE="leemahh;76553606"]
Original post by leemahh
hi, im just going to outline macdonalds job process, so i was looking for a job since in turned 16 as i had personally was in need of money to support myself so i applied
1) i applied online for 3/4 jobs on a monday, and they got back to me on a wednesday asking me to book my time for the interview on the email they had sent, i sent it for 5ish on the following friday. (make sure you write some charity work you have done or something to make you interesting and hobbies and if you have done the national citizenship service (ncs)
2) i went to the interview, the lady was lovely and asked me questions like
-what do you like to do in your spare time
-who is your role model
-what does respect mean to you
-name a situation that has been difficult
and then i did the OJE like 10 mins after and i was working on drive through, the employee on drive through was nice and helped me alot.
after 10 mins of that i went back to the manager who asked if i was to get the job i what shifts would i be available for, i did all of them after school (doing ALEVELS) and weekends, the more availability the more chance.
i also brought documents required that they tell you in the email such as passport (mine was out of date) and birth certificate and my NI letter.
3)after the interview they got back to me in 1 week and told me i had got the job and sent like stuff to do online, (easy you just have to follow steps)
4) get called into an "welcome meeting" where they give uniform and stuff.
you will go in and do a health and safety test type thing, its really easy tbh and you just need to complete it, you will then get your uniform (sizing is normal like 6,8,10,12,14,16,18,20,22,24 etc) and you will get your welcome book also you will sign your contract
5) you also get your first shift , which i have now done but i dont know any of my shifts like no one has told me anything like what do i do ? ive rand afew time and they all so that the manager will ring me tomorrow, its so anoyying that they dont sort this out.

havent started working yet but will update this and let you know
i hope this has helped someone as i was stuck too

Why have you reposted your post in a comment?
Reply 3
They still haven't taught you how to spell it?
Reply 4
[QUOTE="DrawTheLine;76554266"]
Original post by leemahh

Why have you reposted your post in a comment?

sorry, my computer wouldn't let me edit
Reply 5
Original post by blawan
They still haven't taught you how to spell it?

my computer corrects everytime i spell "mcdonalds" and i didnt realise.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending