The Student Room Group

Dodgy unconditional offer

so basically i got an offer from hertfordshire for sports science. an unconditiional offer. but theres a condition for some stupid reason. i should choose them as firm choice. the thing is my other conditional offers are from leeds,brunel, east london,salford. if i want to go to one of those and i put hertfordshire as insurance will they take the uncondtional offer off me
Original post by bubz4635!
so basically i got an offer from hertfordshire for sports science. an unconditiional offer. but theres a condition for some stupid reason. i should choose them as firm choice. the thing is my other conditional offers are from leeds,brunel, east london,salford. if i want to go to one of those and i put hertfordshire as insurance will they take the uncondtional offer off me

What's the condition for Hertfordshire?
Reply 2
Original post by Glassapple
What's the condition for Hertfordshire?

the condtion is that i have to put them as my firm university
How is that dodgy?
many uni's do that....
Reply 5

What do you expect? They aren't going to commit to you if you won't commit to them.
Reply 6

Simply firm the university/course you most want to go to, ignoring any conditions.

What are Herts' conditions if you don't firm them?
Reply 7
Original post by DrawTheLine
How is that dodgy?
i mean its dodgy for me. should i risk trying to achieve the grades for my conditional offers, which are better unis btw, or should i take the easy route and place hertfordshire as my firm. by the way im in ireland so i do 6 subjects instead of like 3 or 4 in the uk
i mean its dodgy for me. should i risk trying to achieve the grades for my conditional offers, which are better unis btw, or should i take the easy route and place hertfordshire as my firm. by the way im in ireland so i do 6 subjects instead of like 3 or 4 in the uk

Even if you put Hertfordshire as your firm but you get the grades for your insurance you can go through adjustment.
Even if you put Hertfordshire as your firm but you get the grades for your insurance you can go through adjustment.

Unfortunately not. Once Herts goes unconditional there are no conditions to exceed in order to be eligible for adjustment.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ageshallnot
Unfortunately not. Once Herts goes unconditional there are no conditions to exceed in order to be eligible for adjustment.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah okay.
Reply 11
Ah okay.

sneaky move from hertfordshire. i think ill just aim for grades for the place i want to go to

I wouldn't take the unconditional. Unis often say unconditional if firm because they expect you to reject them for better course, and they're trying to persuade you to accept them. If you're likely to get the grades for any of your preferred unis then don't firm this uni just for the security.

Remember you can still put this uni as your insurance - I assume their standard offer is something you're confident of meeting.
sneaky move from hertfordshire. i think ill just aim for grades for the place i want to go to

Might as well.
Reply 14
Original post by sindyscape62
I wouldn't take the unconditional. Unis often say unconditional if firm because they expect you to reject them for better course, and they're trying to persuade you to accept them. If you're likely to get the grades for any of your preferred unis then don't firm this uni just for the security.

Remember you can still put this uni as your insurance - I assume their standard offer is something you're confident of meeting.

haha i knew something was fishy about their tactics. im confident enough so ill just study for the grades. cheers for the advice

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending