The Student Room Group

understanding your 'white privilege' workshops for uni lecturers

Scroll to see replies

Original post by recklessabandon
Gender pay gap is mostly false, I said it was a thing and I’m still telling the truth 😤

Whether we call it a pay gap or an earnings gap (more inclined to use the latter term) it exists.

Original post by queen-bee
I don't care who's offering the workshops, it's still madness. there needs to be a line drawn somewhere

What's madness is yourself lying in the OP. Lecturers aren't being asked to attend, they're being offered the opportunity to attend. Big difference there.
Original post by Conceited
What's madness is yourself lying in the OP. Lecturers aren't being asked to attend, they're being offered the opportunity to attend. Big difference there.

Yeah but it’s all made up, the wage gap doesn’t take into account how often people work/how long they have been there for, women also can take 9 months leave for pregnancy, so if the man/woman is equal in skill but there’s a risk she’s got 9 months paid leave your going to give the higher wage to the man

When people use the phrase 'white privilege' this is the first image that comes to my mind:

white privilege.png
Original post by recklessabandon
Yeah but it’s all made up, the wage gap doesn’t take into account how often people work/how long they have been there for, women also can take 9 months leave for pregnancy, so if the man/woman is equal in skill but there’s a risk she’s got 9 months paid leave your going to give the higher wage to the man

It's amazing how you've managed to show a lack of understanding on the topic and saying 'it's all made up' whilst indicating how it's not in the rest of your response.
I didn't know my skin colour made me racist. Thank you for enlightening me. :laugh:

This reminds me of something that happened at my primary. They stopped us from singing 'Ba Back Black Sheep' because THAT was apparently racist. Smh.
so,you're now implying that only Europeans are civilised? I think Africans would find what you've just written hugely offensive. what's wrong with Muslims or LGBT?

So where you more likely to go - to some unknown place in europe or some unknown place in africa? there your answer.
Also from where you are more likely to return - some white are in Chicago or some ghetto.

Civilizations existed in the past, but the current state of affairs and internet can easily show what societies are more civilized. Hell, even the lonelinest town in nowhere in Russia (there are such places where some people don't even know that Soviet Union fell) or are more safe than some areas in south america.
Developing people is a gradual process - just like throwing a laptop to some tribes on some island won't make them youtubers lol
Reply 26
Whether we call it a pay gap or an earnings gap (more inclined to use the latter term) it exists.

oh hush, please. being asked to attend and being offered is the same thing. Nobody is forcing them
Reply 27

lol, You've clearly not studied European history
colonisation? heard of it?
As if people will voluntarily attend this. The only ones going will be those SJWs who feel morally superior and want to pat each other on the back.
oh hush, please. being asked to attend and being offered is the same thing. Nobody is forcing them

Well, that's a cluster**** of a response.
Reply 30
Original post by Axiomasher
When people use the phrase 'white privilege' this is the first image that comes to my mind:

white privilege.png

OMG,is that a young david cameron and Boris in the photo? they look kinda hot :innocent:
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 31
Well, that's a cluster**** of a response.

would you like to attend such workshops? you seem to be in favour :mmm:
would you like to attend such workshops? you seem to be in favour :mmm:

Why are you asking me this?
Reply 33
Why are you asking me this?

why not? just a general question.

What pay gap are you talking about in the same country for the same work for the same position?

I can easily say that the cleaner earns less than CEO. That is an unfair pay gap :smile:
colonisation? heard of it?

So? Asians developed just fine almost not knowing about the achievements of the west. What did prevent south africa from inventing the wheel? Or some other countries to develop machinery living on the other continent? Without colonization most of the so-called colonized countries nowadays would be zimbabwe like structures.

Some remote regions in the world haven't even achieved middle age level yet.
Reply 36
What an absolute load of hooey.
Original post by Chucke1992
So? Asians developed just fine almost not knowing about the achievements of the west. What did prevent south africa from inventing the wheel? Or some other countries to develop machinery living on the other continent? Without colonization most of the so-called colonized countries nowadays would be zimbabwe like structures.

Some remote regions in the world haven't even achieved middle age level yet.

Colonisation may have helped some places who were literally so poor they couldn't afford seeds to eat.

Colonisation was a very different story for countries like India who were bloody rich. Colonisation stripped the Indians of all their wealth. India has 27% of the WORLDS GDP pre-colonisation, and post-colonisation it was reduced to 3%...but hey, thanks for the railways.

tsrborisndave.jpg

Oxford have made great strides
in their inclusivity
Reply 39
I feel so privileged that we are robbed of our ancestral homeland to make room for millions of third world immigrants

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending