The Student Room Group
Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester

Unconditional offer

I was given an unconditional offer if I made it my firm choice, which I have done and it has now changed to an unconditional on UCAS and the admissions team also confirmed it. The only other condition was that I had to send proof of my GCSE results, which I did. I've been going through some problems recently and I'm not doing well at school anymore and I'm really worried that I'm going to fail my A levels. Does this matter? Even if I fail will I still be starting in September? Thanks :smile:
Reply 1
Yeah, you can fail them.

You still need to take the exams - but it doesn't matter what you get, your place is confirmed.

Don't resign yourself to failure though, you've still got MONTHS. I'm sure you won't fail - and you still need your A Levels after University.
Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester
Original post by louiser1999
I was given an unconditional offer if I made it my firm choice, which I have done and it has now changed to an unconditional on UCAS and the admissions team also confirmed it. The only other condition was that I had to send proof of my GCSE results, which I did. I've been going through some problems recently and I'm not doing well at school anymore and I'm really worried that I'm going to fail my A levels. Does this matter? Even if I fail will I still be starting in September? Thanks :smile:

Hi :hello: Congratulations on your offer!

We would recommend contacting the relevant Admissions Team for the course you have applied to to discuss your offer. A list of the Admissions teams and their contact details can be found at: http://www2.mmu.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/applicants-2017/my-offer/

Give us a shout if you have any more questions :smile:

Matt
Original post by louiser1999

Hey, second year psych student at MMU.

Not too sue if I am replying to this too late but congratulations on your unconditional offer. You must have done something to impress the university so well done.

Although an unconditional may be a tempting incentive to not work as hard, you gotta think about if you just give up and quit, all those hours spent going to college are just going to be wasted so try as hard as you can and use the offer as a type of safety net which will give you some comfort in the event that you don't do very well on your exams.

Generally, most employers will look at your most recent qualifications when applying for a job so if you want a part time one during university this may hinder your chances of success at getting a job. Once you graduate however, most employers will look at your degree, the class of degree, where you got it and the subject etc. so think about it.

Unconditional offers just make you lazy from what I have seen so don't get too reliant on your unconditional.

I hope that this helps.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending