The Student Room Group

ways to study

Okay I have no idea how I can study, does anyone have any tips or hacks for studying effectively. I have my yr 10 mocks in May so I have more than a month but I want to start now..
Original post by Sddddffvvv
Okay I have no idea how I can study, does anyone have any tips or hacks for studying effectively. I have my yr 10 mocks in May so I have more than a month but I want to start now..

Well done for starting now even though you are in year 10, but make sure you keep revising even after your mocks because it will make year 11 a lot easier.
To revise, I find that making very brief notes is good. Aim to do say, between 6 and 8 pages in a textbook on one page of notes. Also, after finishing your notes on a topic, do some exam questions without looking at your notes (you can look before you start the questions).
Reply 2
Thank you for the tip!
Original post by Sddddffvvv
Thank you for the tip!

Remember though, maybe a week or 2 break after your mocks but then start revising at least 4 days a week from then (if you can). It will make year 11 easier (I'm in year 11 and wish I started revising last year).
Reply 4
I’ll remember thank you!!
I’m studying right now I use this clock thing where five mins of writing two min break each segment a different topic then u repeat the ropes twice or thrice in it. U can take notes of videos and online re write stuff from ur book and if ur sport u can go for a run and every ten steps recite a fact u need. Maybe use revision cards and notes and flash cards use different colours and makes notes read over them five to six times get friends and peers to test on ur notes or u buy revision guides from shops like WHSmith or Waterstones or even the library and u can just work through those. There are loads of way look at some YouTubers giving tips or go on google maybe ask some teachers there a lot of methods 7D9697E3-8C19-43FF-89AB-53FB9415965A.jpg.jpeg
Revision is just repetition the more u repeat the better I do. Also find out the content of the exams and find mark schemes work of those don’t just revise anything try and find as much as u can about the exam so u know what’s in it and use practise questions or past exam papers know ur exam board then go online and find past papers
Reply 7
Thank you so much!!!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending