The Student Room Group

Using a laptop in exams?

I just got permission today to use my laptop during lessons at school as writing long essays by hand hurts really bad and my teachers can't read what I've written.
I was wondering if this is automatic permission to use the laptop in my actually GCSEs or will I have to do another writing/typing test?
Nah, I'm pretty sure you have to actually write it out physically.
You can't just use your laptop
Original post by Boss_Rhythm
Nah, I'm pretty sure you have to actually write it out physically.
You can't just use your laptop

Quite a few people I know have done their gcse exams (like the essay style ones) on computers
Original post by StarWinchester
I just got permission today to use my laptop during lessons at school as writing long essays by hand hurts really bad and my teachers can't read what I've written.
I was wondering if this is automatic permission to use the laptop in my actually GCSEs or will I have to do another writing/typing test?

Who gave you permission? You'd have to talk to the people who organise exams at your school.
Original post by Tiger Rag
Who gave you permission? You'd have to talk to the people who organise exams at your school.

There's a team of teachers/TAs at my school who are in charge of people with physical and mental disabilities and challenges, and they asked me to do a test to see how much writing I can do before my hand starts to ache and my writing becomes illegible and they decided its best for me to use a laptop.
I'll tall to them tomorrow though thanks
Original post by StarWinchester

Yeah, you can use a laptop but make sure your school's exam officer knows. I use a laptop for history and english exams (i'm in year 11)
I was given the opportunity to use a laptop but turned it down
I believe you have to have either an assessment or a doctors note to use them in the exam however it depends from person to person. I know of 6 people in my venue using laptops
Original post by Baza2002
Yeah, you can use a laptop but make sure your school's exam officer knows. I use a laptop for history and english exams (i'm in year 11)

Those are the exams I'll be using it for too lol plus RE and Drama
Original post by Animalstudent
I was given the opportunity to use a laptop but turned it down
I believe you have to have either an assessment or a doctors note to use them in the exam however it depends from person to person. I know of 6 people in my venue using laptops

Ah thanks. I dont have a doctors note but I do need to go get my wrist checked out lol

Quick Reply

Latest