The Student Room Group

rejecting offers

Hi everyone

I've been made offers from my preferred choices at university but also to an access course at college.... I want to study medicine and the access to medicine course is all round more appealing because of financial implications and length of study.

I'm a mature student with no previous qualification beyond standard grades (Scottish GCSE equivelant). So this year I've undertaken an access course and now have offers to Edinburgh and St andrews university which is amazing but it's also led me into the access to medicine course in Glasgow which would mean, all being well, direct entry to Glasgow medicine degree next year if I do well and sort out all the other criteria which I am in the process of doing. if I go to uni in Sept I'll need to complete my degree then apply to graduate entry medicine or an A100 as a graduate which is cost wise financial suicide and nearly a decade of study which I have no problem. with but given there's another way I'd be nuts not to consider it....

however would I still be able to apply to university next year if I don't meet the requirements through my access course to progress onto medicine ? do universities hold a grudge - oh she declined us last year So we won't entertain her application this year ?

anyone done this before ? applied, got offers, rejected them and applied the following year ?
Original post by Woody2408
Hi everyone

I've been made offers from my preferred choices at university but also to an access course at college.... I want to study medicine and the access to medicine course is all round more appealing because of financial implications and length of study.

I'm a mature student with no previous qualification beyond standard grades (Scottish GCSE equivelant). So this year I've undertaken an access course and now have offers to Edinburgh and St andrews university which is amazing but it's also led me into the access to medicine course in Glasgow which would mean, all being well, direct entry to Glasgow medicine degree next year if I do well and sort out all the other criteria which I am in the process of doing. if I go to uni in Sept I'll need to complete my degree then apply to graduate entry medicine or an A100 as a graduate which is cost wise financial suicide and nearly a decade of study which I have no problem. with but given there's another way I'd be nuts not to consider it....

however would I still be able to apply to university next year if I don't meet the requirements through my access course to progress onto medicine ? do universities hold a grudge - oh she declined us last year So we won't entertain her application this year ?

anyone done this before ? applied, got offers, rejected them and applied the following year ?

universities dont hold grudges :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending