The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

By the way guys if you haven't seen it, Frank De Boer hammered Mourinho's tactics on TV after our win against Liverpool saying Rashford is suffering under Mourinho and that he should be having more game time (how ironic when Rashford is actually the second most used player after DDG this season). He also slammed how he's not playing the United way and that he doesn't believe in his football...imagine this coming from a man whose been sacked by Inter and Crystal Palace.

Well, Mourinho just responded with a savage comment:

I read some quote from the worst manager in history of PL - Frank de Boer 7 matches, 7 defeats, zero goals - says it is no good for Marcus Rashford to have manager like me because the most important thing for me is to win. Maybe with him he would learn how to lose every game.

(edited 6 years ago)
Add that to the Mourinho collection...
Reply 782
Ngl mad respect for mourinho for saying that.
Frank de Boer can do one.

Why do all dutch coaches think they are the next Cruyff.
Original post by TheGirlFelonXxXx
And he says that two days after the match....
Goes to show that you are capable of beating a team who are not Newcastle but well done

"Community assistant"

Who let this opp in the thread?

We only recognise @sr90 in these parts.
Original post by TheGirlFelonXxXx
And he says that two days after the match....
Goes to show that you are capable of beating a team who are not Newcastle but well done

I said 2-1 :wink:
Lol at all these pundits sending for Mourinho though, have you seen his LinkedIn guys, it’s fookin loaded
Original post by Kenan and Kel
Lol at all these pundits sending for Mourinho though, have you seen his LinkedIn guys, it’s fookin loaded

Fergie's on LinkedIn too: https://uk.linkedin.com/in/siralexferguson

I don't believe for one second he has anything to do with the account though, it'll be run by some PR team just like 90% of Twitter/Instagram/FB accounts.
After the Conte spat you would have expected manager's to be a little more quiet.

Come at the king. You best not miss.
Reply 789
Original post by Rk2k14
After the Conte spat you would have expected manager's to be a little more quiet.

Come at the king. You best not miss.

At least Conte has ammo as he won a league title with Chelsea the season after Mou was sacked, Frank De Boer has no place talking **** about Mourinho. He failed at an Inter side who made massive investment and got sacked by Crystal Palace ffs...
Original post by bammy jastard 27
At least Conte has ammo as he won a league title with Chelsea the season after Mou was sacked, Frank De Boer has no place talking **** about Mourinho. He failed at an Inter side who made massive investment and got sacked by Crystal Palace ffs...

Jose is a straight up killer man.

He's not even at 100%. Both Conte and Pep have done better since he's been here so he's been holding back by his usual standards but if he wins a league title/CL then he's throwing smoke at everyone.
I really want us to progress past Sevilla. I said before I just wanted us to draw Real first round. We're probably not winning to competition and I think prestige is more about opponents than progress. If after so long outside the knockouts if we limp out to Sevilla I'll be gutted.

Last proper CL night we had was Moyes v Bayern. That was a proper game, with the vets turning up. Before that I think my favourite CL game was Real under SAF.

Hope we progress and get Real or Barca. Imagine if Matic's goal had been us taking the lead at the Bernabeu. We've been blessed being fans under Fergie but its not the titles themselves I remember its the huge collection of moments that came with them.

**** that Marseille-Schalke nonsense. I want some proper CL moments.
Original post by Fizzel
I really want us to progress past Sevilla. I said before I just wanted us to draw Real first round. We're probably not winning to competition and I think prestige is more about opponents than progress. If after so long outside the knockouts if we limp out to Sevilla I'll be gutted.

Last proper CL night we had was Moyes v Bayern. That was a proper game, with the vets turning up. Before that I think my favourite CL game was Real under SAF.

Hope we progress and get Real or Barca. Imagine if Matic's goal had been us taking the lead at the Bernabeu. We've been blessed being fans under Fergie but its not the titles themselves I remember its the huge collection of moments that came with them.

100%

Old Trafford should be hosting the biggest of European games.
A 2011 style run would be hilarious as it'd boil so much piss, but the draw is pretty elite tbf. Whoever wins out of Roma or Shaktar would be the only low key tie. Otherwise it's the elite status clubs of Real/Barca/Bayern/Juve, or City/Liverpool which would have their own edge.

Other teams will be looking to our tie as an easier draw. There's so much on this game and it'll be such a horrible watch as it's so easy to **** it. They score first and we're struggling. If it drags on at 0-0 It's going to get so tense for us whenever we're defending. And if we do **** it the season is gone, we'll be reduced to pretending the FA Cup is still a proper competition.
Original post by trapking
By the way guys if you haven't seen it, Frank De Boer hammered Mourinho's tactics on TV after our win against Liverpool saying Rashford is suffering under Mourinho and that he should be having more game time (how ironic when Rashford is actually the second most used player after DDG this season). He also slammed how he's not playing the United way and that he doesn't believe in his football...imagine this coming from a man whose been sacked by Inter and Crystal Palace.

Well, Mourinho just responded with a savage comment:

While the Mourinho comments are hilarious, I disagree with them.

Think it was Frank Lampard or Gerrard who did something similar and basically said - "I'm a better player than you (whoever the commentator was) so you can't pass judgment on me"

**** off you if you think someone else isn't entitled to an opinion - the whole industry is built on it including all the money that Mourinho is paid
Reply 795
Original post by Zerforax
While the Mourinho comments are hilarious, I disagree with them.

Think it was Frank Lampard or Gerrard who did something similar and basically said - "I'm a better player than you (whoever the commentator was) so you can't pass judgment on me"

**** off you if you think someone else isn't entitled to an opinion - the whole industry is built on it including all the money that Mourinho is paid

Frank de boer has no right to criticise the mighty mourinho. He won 2 CLs with 2 of the weakest teams to win it in recent years. The same way neville was chatting **** about klopp and klopp put him in his place.

I'm all for opinions but I don't think I'll take tactical advice on one of inters worst managers and a guy who lost 7 games in a row criticising him. Especially as de boer is giving pretty damning criticism of mourinho.

Original post by Louis.
A 2011 style run would be hilarious as it'd boil so much piss, but the draw is pretty elite tbf. Whoever wins out of Roma or Shaktar would be the only low key tie. Otherwise it's the elite status clubs of Real/Barca/Bayern/Juve, or City/Liverpool which would have their own edge.

Other teams will be looking to our tie as an easier draw. There's so much on this game and it'll be such a horrible watch as it's so easy to **** it. They score first and we're struggling. If it drags on at 0-0 It's going to get so tense for us whenever we're defending. And if we do **** it the season is gone, we'll be reduced to pretending the FA Cup is still a proper competition.

2011 was actually ridiculous. You'll get your 2-0 win anyway.

Also lol at Liverpool fans complaining about uniteds style of play when benitez was their manager ffs.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Fizzel

Quite the difference from when i remember us being smashed by Atletico Bilbao
Original post by That Bearded Man
Quite the difference from when i remember us being smashed by Atletico Bilbao
That was memorable because I hadn't seen a team take us apart like that since Barca, but we shouldn't have even been in that competition.
Bailly seemed to take a knock during the comical OG he scored on Saturday but if he can get through tonight and be rested for Saturday, plus just remembered he'll have a summer off with no Ivory Coast at the WC (also Sanchez who could do with a summer break tbh) to be fully sharp for next season. He'll just need a capable defensive partner (saying, that three of the other four defensive positions could have new faces in them).

I'm expecting to go through, even Sevilla lost on the weekend, a knock-out game brings its own worries on the night.
I just hope we dont do the usual and sit back after 1-0. Go for kill so we don't have a repeat of that Celta match.

Would also like to see us vs Real. Probably get smacked but Jose out of all people will be up for it and it'd be just like him to get one over his ex-clubs.

Or Barca and watch Messi run rings around us at OT. :biggrin:

Latest