The Student Room Group

What biology grade is this? 9-1.

Hey, I just had a biology GCSEs mock exam and at the end counted everything up and I anticipate that I'll get around 70%. What 9-1 grade would this be? Thanks!
I would call it a B, so like, a 6?
Sorry if I am infact way off.
Original post by s.m30
Hey, I just had a biology GCSEs mock exam and at the end counted everything up and I anticipate that I'll get around 70%. What 9-1 grade would this be? Thanks!

I got 70 for my mock and got a B 6
Ah okay thanks. Do you know what percentage a 7 was? Thanks! :smile:

Original post by Oneiropólos
I got 70 for my mock and got a B 6
I got 42 on my mock and that was a 5- so probably like a 6 or 7 but it depends on how well you all did on average and who your exam board is
We do AQA and all the schools in my area put a 7 as 70%, an 8 as 80% and a 9 as 90%.
it all depends on grade boundaries, most likely it’s a 6/7
I would put it as a 7 or 8 depending on the difficulty of the paper
Well for OCR that'll be high 8/9. OCR at beginning of any spec has 33/60~ for A*.
Original post by irrelevant kid
We do AQA and all the schools in my area put a 7 as 70%, an 8 as 80% and a 9 as 90%.

Yeah I am AQA; what area is your school? I am hoping it's similar with regards to the grade boundaries. Last time I did a mock I got 67% and got a 6, and was about 4 marks off a 7, however it was a much shorter test (1 topic.) Thanks! :h:
Reply 10
I'm fairy sure 70% will be a high 7 low 8
Original post by thekidwhogames
Well for OCR that'll be high 8/9. OCR at beginning of any spec has 33/60~ for A*.

Woaahhh!!! Half the marks for an 8?
in the real exam, you'll probably get an 8 if you hit 70% on both papers, grade boundaries are looking low
Original post by s.m30
Ah okay thanks. Do you know what percentage a 7 was? Thanks! :smile:

Most likely 75-80%.
i got 62/100 on of my mocks (62%), and i got a 7 in that.
70% will probably be a 7/8.

hope this helps, and good luck1 x
Original post by Ihatelife2

That sounds about right. Maths and English are core subjects and look at the boundaries for that
Original post by Ihatelife2

A long time ago yeah
Original post by lanababe78
i got 62/100 on of my mocks (62%), and i got a 7 in that.
70% will probably be a 7/8.

hope this helps, and good luck1 x

Woah well done! I am pretty nervous; hoping for the 7. Will update next Friday either happy or sad! :wink:
Original post by s.m30
Woah well done! I am pretty nervous; hoping for the 7. Will update next Friday either happy or sad! :wink:

thank you so much! please do update- don't worry, i'm sure you'll do amazingly! x

Quick Reply

Latest