The Student Room Group

English Literature

Currently studying Christmas Carol, Macbeth and An Inspector Calls. I have no idea how to revise for my exams. Any help pleaseee?
Reply 1
same hereeeee try quizlet (mobile app) for quotes and look for model essays and try copy them. I managed to get 32/34 for my inspector calls literature by finding interesting vocab and bits of context
Reply 2
I made loads of flash cards with key points and just went further into those points to make sure that I really knew what i was talking about and could back it up with context & references :smile:
Haven't your teacher's told you?
I guess if you want simple points, revise key quotes, do lots of essays, the bog standard.
Original post by B-sian
same hereeeee try quizlet (mobile app) for quotes and look for model essays and try copy them. I managed to get 32/34 for my inspector calls literature by finding interesting vocab and bits of context

thank you sweetie x
Reply 5
I find the best way is to make revision cards about each character's important parts in the play/book. Write what happens and give some quotes.
Original post by 515
I find the best way is to make revision cards about each character's important parts in the play/book. Write what happens and give some quotes.

thank you
Original post by Kangaroo17
Haven't your teacher's told you?
I guess if you want simple points, revise key quotes, do lots of essays, the bog standard.

lool MY ENGLISH TEACHER IS USELESS
Reply 8
Have you done your mock already ?
Original post by sharri.coco
lool MY ENGLISH TEACHER IS USELESS

Wow, thats unlucky!
But don't worry, i'm pretty sure most of what you do independently helps you the most!

Yeah, so what i've done is i've gone through and highlights key quotes in each book for key themes (like power, poverty, social justice) and then when it comes to exams on these - your ready! :biggrin:

DO like an essay a week/two weeks? Verrry important!

Useful sources:

Mr Bruff on youtube

Good luck! x
Original post by nmm16
Have you done your mock already ?

yeah, i did the paper 2 at christmas and I got a 5
I did paper 1 last week and believe me christmas carol was blank
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 11
Original post by sharri.coco
yeah, i did the paper 2 at christmas and I got a 5
I did paper 1 last week and believe me christmas carol was blank

Oh I have done the AIC and Pride and Prejudice today.I forgot to do part b for Inspector calls even though i planned what to write and missed 20 marks.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending