Scroll to see replies

Congrats on your offer to LSE!! and well done for passing the test!! :party:
Love the quote :love:
Will be following so please add me to the tag list :biggrin:
Good luck!! :dumbells:
Reply 201
Original post by sunshine774
Friday 9th March 2018
I didn't realise it's been so long since I updated the last day was Sunday! I've been really busy this week and I've got some good news! Firstly, I passed the Deloitte Immersive Online Assessment and I've been invited to take the Job Simulation which I'll do on Monday :biggrin: And also I got an offer from LSE!:biggrin:

Maths: Today in maths I was really happy cos we've finally finished C4 :biggrin: This mean we'll just be revising in our C4 lessons from now on! I'm planning on bringing my own questions etc to lessons as I prefer working independently so I can work on my weaknesses (instead of working on what the teacher sets for revsion :tongue:) I'm really excited about this cos it'll reduce the amount of work I have to do at home and the lesson is 3 hours long :smile: We did differential equations today, which surprisingly isn't too bad. One thing I must do ASAP is learn all the standard integrals as it's not that I don't understand integration but sometimes it takes me a ridiculously long time when I'm doing questions to remember them in the first place there's quite a lot to remember!:tongue: And another thing I realised that I talk too much in lessons I need to start focusing more!

Chemistry: We sat an organic chemistry test in the lesson. It was quite a good test, however the questions were NOTHING like the practice questions or any of the past paper questions which is a bit annoying! And there were a couple of questions at the end which were on a related topic that we studied last year (but not in the chapter the test was on) so I couldn't remember that at all so I literally just wrote that on the paper :tongue: But the good news is that everything that I revised for (and that was meant to be in the test!) I understood and I could remember the information :smile: So I decided to take this positive from the test instead of focusing on the negatives. Another thing I realised afterwards is that when we finish revising the course and I finish revising everything it'll all link together nicely which will make it easier :smile:

Tomorrow I have work. I'm leaving next week so that I have more time to revise but I'll go back in the summer! I'm actually really going to miss everyone, but the revision time and extra time for other things I'll get in the upcoming months will be worth it :smile: I'm planning on doing 5 hours of revisions tomorrow, and I'm going to focus on revising AS content for chem and econ (but only macro) as I've been so focused on A2 content. I'm going to wake up at 4:30 tomorrow cos I'm not going out tonight. And then on Sunday, I'm going to revise AS Further Maths and cover S1 content for my retake (I still haven't started this!!) but I'm grateful my maths ability and work ethic has improved drastically compared to last year ( I was getting straight E's in tests and stuff) so I hope I can smash it :biggrin:

My inspirational quote for today is:
"Difficult roads often lead to beautiful destinations"- Unknown :biggrin:

Another thing I'd just like to thank everybody whose taken an interest in my blog. I appreciate you taking the time to read my posts, I really enjoying this and it's so motivating! I hope we all smash our exams x :wink:

Spoiler

Wow it sounds like you got a lot of work done. :smile: Congratulations on your offer by the way! You should be so proud! :biggrin:
Original post by Black Water
Wow it sounds like you got a lot of work done. :smile: Congratulations on your offer by the way! You should be so proud! :biggrin:

Thank you!:biggrin: Well I'm more shocked than proud :tongue:
Original post by nyxnko_
Congrats on your offer to LSE!! and well done for passing the test!! :party:
Love the quote :love:
Will be following so please add me to the tag list :biggrin:
Good luck!! :dumbells:

Thanks so much and of course!:biggrin: Best of luck to you too :smile: Are you doing A levels?
Original post by entertainmyfaith
gcses:redface: finished my mock week today and i'm absolutely exhausted aha
i do the core subjects along with business, computer science, geography, french and re:tongue:

Ooh interesting! :tongue: We nearly did the same subjects at GCSE, expect I did Spanish instead of French and I didn't do geog! I loved Business Studies, what subjects do you like?:smile:
Reply 205
Thank you!:biggrin: Well I'm more shocked than proud :tongue:

Haha, I can see why! :smile:
Ooh interesting! :tongue: We nearly did the same subjects at GCSE, expect I did Spanish instead of French and I didn't do geog! I loved Business Studies, what subjects do you like?:smile:

i like geography and i love english lit:biggrin:
Thanks so much and of course!:biggrin: Best of luck to you too :smile: Are you doing A levels?

yep but year 12 :biggrin:
Original post by nyxnko_
yep but year 12 :biggrin:

Lucky :tongue: What do you study?
i like geography and i love english lit:biggrin:

I loved english lit too, I liked how it taught you to think :smile: Do you know what you want to do after GCSE's?
Original post by Black Water
Haha, I can see why! :smile:

Yeah I still can't believe it :tongue:
Lucky :tongue: What do you study?

chem physics maths and fm!! might drop physics next year though... :s-smilie:
woooo!!! congrats on the offer xxxx
I loved english lit too, I liked how it taught you to think :smile: Do you know what you want to do after GCSE's?

i picked english lit, psychology and sociology for a-level though they're definitely not firm choices. i was thinking of doing geography instead of sociology but i don't know if i'll cope with the workload:redface: i wanna go into something to do with mental health when i'm older:smile:
Original post by mez_merising
woooo!!! congrats on the offer xxxx

Thanks so much!!x
i picked english lit, psychology and sociology for a-level though they're definitely not firm choices. i was thinking of doing geography instead of sociology but i don't know if i'll cope with the workload:redface: i wanna go into something to do with mental health when i'm older:smile:

That's great mental health is SO important and I don't think it's talked about enough! I'm 100% sure you will, as long as you enjoy it and have good time management and work hard you'll come out with exceptional results :smile:
Original post by nyxnko_
chem physics maths and fm!! might drop physics next year though... :s-smilie:

Nearly the same as me!:wink: Yeah it might be a good idea to focus on doing 3 and get the best results possible but honestly it just depends on how you think you'll find it. Do you know what you'd like to do after A levels?:smile:
Friday 23rd March 2018
I'm still alive guys! Can't believe I haven't updated in 2 weeks I've been super busy...

I did the job simulation for Deloitte last week, it was REALLY awkward having to record myself on the webcam I definitely prefer face to face interviews :tongue: I should have heard from Deloitte by this Wednesday, as it'll have been 2 weeks since I did it and I really hope they give me an offer for an interview (the last stage!):smile: And I got a rejection from Warwick but I honestly don't mind I'm planning on going to LSE I will definitely firm it :biggrin:

This week has been crazy! I've had 2 chemistry mocks and 1 maths mock, and due to my recent bad time management I didn't revise and the second two I did today really haven't gone well :frown: I don't know what's wrong with me I'm really frustrated, I've been so motivated and feeling very down recently and of course it had to be when I had mocks :redface: But I'm not going to give up! I've still got 3 mocks next week, before I finish for Easter- I have an S2 maths mocks, a synoptic chem mock and an economics mock. I'm going to make sure I properly revise this weekend so I can pull my mock grades up I know I can do it :smile: I've also left work now (until exams finish) so I'll have plenty of time to do work. I'm going to miss everyone!

Like I said, I've been feeling really down recently and my emotions have just been up and down. But looking after my mental health by meditating and praying and doing visualisation exercises has really helped me. I've been getting up early every day this week and last week (not the weekend!) and I get up at 4 (or 5 which is my lie in :tongue:.)

Another thing I have to do tomorrow is prepare for my Deloitte interview, as I've heard sometimes they only give you one day's notice and that would stress me out so much :tongue: Tomorrow I am going to wake up at 5am cos I'm just at home tonight. I'm going to revise for my chem, econ and maths mocks and prepare for my Deloitte interview. Also, what I'm gonna do is plan exactly what I'm going to do in Easter so I don't feel overwhelmed there is so much to do!:tongue: And then next week I'm going to print out all the past papers for my subjects and do the majority of them over Easter. I'm going to make sure I do a lot of intensive revision (but obviously with breaks and a couple of days off!):smile:

When do you guys finish for Easter and how is everybody's revision going?:smile:

I will make sure I update every day in Easter (so from next Friday I finish on Thursday but I'm going to give myself a day off!) but I'll probably only update twice until then. :smile:
My inspirational quote for today is:
"If you don't like where you are, change it. You're not a tree."- Jim Rohn :biggrin:

Spoiler

Spoiler

(edited 6 years ago)
i finish for easter next thursday:biggrin:
my revision's going okay:redface: i hope tomorrow goes well productivity wise:smile:
Nearly the same as me!:wink: Yeah it might be a good idea to focus on doing 3 and get the best results possible but honestly it just depends on how you think you'll find it. Do you know what you'd like to do after A levels?:smile:

I think I might base it on my AS results so if I get straight As, I'm going to carry on with 4 but otherwise I'm going to drop one because as you said, it's better to focus on 3.
I'm off to uni to read NatSci.
good luck!! I've already finished this term :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending