The Student Room Group

Is it my period???

I KNOW ITS NOT SEXUAL HEALTH TO BE EXACT BUT GIRLS I NEED HELP!!! BOYS BACK OFF!!
I have brown stuff in my undies. I been like it fo a few days now. I’ve not yet got my period. I’m 13 years old and I’ve had discharge for 6+ months an my breasts are hurting and aching. I get cramps now and then but not regular. My mum is currently on her period and I spend all my time with her. Could that be related? I don’t want to tell her until I’m 100% sure. Please help I really need it🙏🤞
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
I KNOW ITS NOT SEXUAL HEALTH TO BE EXACT BUT GIRLS I NEED HELP!!! BOYS BACK OFF!!
I have brown stuff in my undies. I been like it fo a few days now. I’ve not yet got my period. I’m 13 years old and I’ve had discharge for 6+ months an my breasts are hurting and aching. I get cramps now and then but not regular. My mum is currently on her period and I spend all my time with her. Could that be related? I don’t want to tell her until I’m 100% sure. Please help I really need it🙏🤞

Hiya. If you've not had a period before then the start can be a bit odd. By odd I mean things like discharge instead of a full on period and it being dragged out or really quick.
Discharge for 6+ months does sound unusual to me so it could be worth popping to see your GP to be sure everything's normal. Doesn't sound concerning though. People can have really different periods (especially at the start) so it's probably just your body warming up.

Btw brown discharge should be kinda old blood. It tends to happen with a really slow flow or spotting before/ after a period.

No harm telling mum either. She'll probably be able to help you out cos... experience.
Reply 2
If your breasts are aching and hurting and youre getting cramps then I guess... Yeah, it possibly is.

Quick Reply

Latest