The Student Room Group

What accommodation is best at Bangor?

Hi. I’m looking to go to Bangor in September. I’m not sure wether to stay in St Mary’s Village or Ffriddoedd. Is St Mary’s more secluded or does Ffriddoedd have more of a social aspect to it? Thank you!!
Which course will you be doing? Ffriddoedd site is closer to Main Arts and Normal, while St Marys is closer to Deiniol. This could be a factor for you
Reply 2
Clinical psychology
Original post by miku14
Hi. I’m looking to go to Bangor in September. I’m not sure wether to stay in St Mary’s Village or Ffriddoedd. Is St Mary’s more secluded or does Ffriddoedd have more of a social aspect to it? Thank you!!

St Mary's is at the top of a very steep hill, so unless you're happy being a bit isolated, then St Mary's is fine. I'd say Ffriddoedd is a much more popular choice for freshers, AFAIK there's more of a community feel and it's nearer the Main campus (and Brigantia, which is the building which houses most Psychology courses).
Reply 4
Original post by PhoenixFortune
St Mary's is at the top of a very steep hill, so unless you're happy being a bit isolated, then St Mary's is fine. I'd say Ffriddoedd is a much more popular choice for freshers, AFAIK there's more of a community feel and it's nearer the Main campus (and Brigantia, which is the building which houses most Psychology courses).

So is St Mary’s more secluded then? Like is there less involvement with the student sort of life and more mature students there? Thank you!
Original post by miku14
So is St Mary’s more secluded then? Like is there less involvement with the student sort of life and more mature students there? Thank you!

I would say it's a lot more secluded, because people that don't live there don't usually go up all that way and people are reluctant to come down into town for short periods of time. I think St Mary's does have freshers living up there, but most of the people I know who live there are postgrads and internationals, so I can't say for sure what proportions of students live there.
Hi,Hope you don’t mind me jumping in here.You might want to take a look at Fresh Student Living; we have 5 student accommodation buildings in Bangor city centre, all within a 10 minute walk from campus.We offer en-suite rooms within shared apartments as well as studio apartments, so there’s something to meet everyone’s needs.And if you’d like to talk to us or wish to arrange a viewing, just pop us a quick email [email protected] Thanks,Sioned

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending