The Student Room Group

September Restart

I'm going to restart my A-levels in September, as my attendance hasn't been very good this year due to health issues. I was wondering if anyone had any tips?
I'm doing Maths, Further Maths, and am yet to decide my third subject. Thanks.
Reply 1
Original post by Ally-mai
x

Well dang someone loves a bit of maths :h: How far did you get through the first year? Realistically you don't need to do anything as you're going to start again but as you've got quite some time between now and then you may as well get ahead with some of the FM modules. Do some pre-reading and try to get the essence of each concept that is taught.

What is your situation between now and September? Are you attending any lessons or having time out? If you're not in lessons until next Sept perhaps look at opportunities which could enhance your PS for your uni application.
Reply 2
Original post by 8472
Well dang someone loves a bit of maths :h: How far did you get through the first year? Realistically you don't need to do anything as you're going to start again but as you've got quite some time between now and then you may as well get ahead with some of the FM modules. Do some pre-reading and try to get the essence of each concept that is taught.

What is your situation between now and September? Are you attending any lessons or having time out? If you're not in lessons until next Sept perhaps look at opportunities which could enhance your PS for your uni application.

I’m still attending the maths and further maths lessons for the rest of the year, so that’s I can try to learn as much of it now, to reduce pressure next year.
Reply 3
Original post by Ally-mai
I’m still attending the maths and further maths lessons for the rest of the year, so that’s I can try to learn as much of it now, to reduce pressure next year.

Then really it's just keep doing what you're going. In terms of other subjects you don't appear to have decided. What's your current tactic/method of deciding which you wish to do?

Quick Reply

Latest