The Student Room Group

How was you're high school experience?

Was it a good experience or was it bad?

I remember in secondary I would get bullied so bad that i would cry to stay home. I had no friend's, my the whole entrie class hated me. The popular girls would always pick on me...once they even decided to PERV on me while was using the toilets. They would punch me after school and call me all sorts of names..my life was absolute hell in school. I still can't get over the fact they perved on me in the toilets...
Dreadful
great, had so much fun with my friends
Original post by Anonymous
...once they even decided to PERV on me while was using the toilets. They would punch me after school and call me all sorts of names..my life was absolute hell in school. I still can't get over the fact they perved on me in the toilets...

I was bullied pretty badly too
They use to throw things at me in the recess/lunchtime break,
I rememeber I went to a birthday party at a play centre once and they went into the bathroom while I was using the toilet and turned off the lights, I must have been about 7, I was so upset...

The worst kind of bullying is when they pretend to be your friend and then freeze you out the next minute. :/
I had a pretty rough time in my first few years, but that was largely due to external factors making it difficult to focus in school. My final two years, when I had less subjects and more independence, I loved.
Original post by TheHairDyeDiarys
I was bullied pretty badly too
They use to throw things at me in the recess/lunchtime break,
I rememeber I went to a birthday party at a play centre once and they went into the bathroom while I was using the toilet and turned off the lights, I must have been about 7, I was so upset...

The worst kind of bullying is when they pretend to be your friend and then freeze you out the next minute. :/

That happened to me in year 11 when I realised that some of my friends were just fake friends so I got them f*** out of my life. Now they message me apologising and wanting to be friends with me but I'm like haha :hahaha: b**** whatever :hand:
Original post by Anonymous

Was it a good experience or was it bad?

I remember in secondary I would get bullied so bad that i would cry to stay home. I had no friend's, my the whole entrie class hated me. The popular girls would always pick on me...once they even decided to PERV on me while was using the toilets. They would punch me after school and call me all sorts of names..my life was absolute hell in school. I still can't get over the fact they perved on me in the toilets...

It was pretty ****. I was at the bottom of the social ladder. Despite being (relatively) good looking and athletic, I was considered to be one of the untouchables. Since seocndary, I had been friends with this tw*tty little German kid who shared many of my interests (gaming, films, working out) and we got on pretty well. This kid always seemed to be in competition with me though and liked to turn everything into a d*ck measuring contest. If I was wearing better clothes than him, had better abs than him or broke his balls a bit, his ego couldn't handle it (we were a bunch of vain, belligerent t*ssers). I think he might also have suffered from napolean complex as he was miniscule and I was over 6ft. Anyway, this jerry sh*t was very charismatic and socially adept and held a degree control over my wider social circle. He wasn't the only person I had rubbed the wrong way: there was this Jewish guy with a massive adams apple who couldn't take a joke and followed whoever was the most popular (in this case, the Jerry) and this Fillipino who was extremely insecure about his skinny physique and his third-world upbringing and had a chip on his shoulder along with a couple of gormless Hungarian brothers who didn't really care either way but followed whoever held the most influence. On top of this, there was this sexually-perverted Pakistani with wacked out eyes (I think he was microdosing on opiates) who was always trying to sell me steroids and weed along with a chubby Christian zealot who's parents where from Rhodesia (his mother was the local baptist pastor in my town). The last two weren't particularly popular on the grounds of being weird and uncool but they stood with the Jerry against me anyway. Anyway, back to the Jerry, he was a crafty little sh*t with an eye for detail and he saw that I lacked his social aptitude and connections he had developed. At the time, the Jerry and the Phillipino were trying to woo girls from an all-female group on the other side of the plaground and they would drag the group with them and we would spend lunches and breaks watching the two preen themselves in the hopes of winning the affections of their crushes. Me and the Jerry feuded for a while (I strongly objected to the way we were spending our time and he insisted on talking sh*t about me in front of those tarts), culminating in me being thrown out of the group, before the Jerry, the Jew and the Fillipino and their feckless Hungarian pets ascended to more popular social circles leaving the Pakistani and the Zealot to grudgingly crawl back with me. At this point, we three despised eachother and only stuck together for fear of being seen as a weird loner. It didn't end here however, The Jerry had rises to the very top of the social hierarchy, taking the best looking Hungarian brother with him. From his seat of power, he continued to ***** about me and tar my reputation. I would see people I didn't even know sneer at me, laugh at me, dismiss me or treat me with sympathy and pity. The Jerry had come out on top, I had lost.

Having been cast out into social ruin and uncertainty, I was fair game for some unsavoury types who relentlessly tried to provoke me to violence through physical and racial attacks (I'm half-Nigerian). I retreated to the library as a result and spent most of my luches and breaks there. Then, on one occasion, the library was closed (maybe the old hag librarian died?) and I had to spend lunch on the playground. Some c*nty little Irish kid (he was even shorter than the Jerry) thought it would be fun to run off with bag. He ran around the fences and I fruitlessly chased after him, prompting a large croud to come and watch. Though I pretended to laugh and smile, I was well and truly fed up at this point. As soon as he tired, he came back towards me to give me the bag and I bludgeoned his pudgy little features with my clenched fist before kicking him on the floor and laughing as his mates dragged his bruised arse away. The scumbags who had come to mock were suddenly hailing me as a hero. Trouble was, I was put in "re-engagement" and isolation for a month, during which, my peers got the idea that I was some sort of psychopath who wanted to shoot up the school (how I'd have achieved that is beyond me). When I returned, I had achieved a bit of respect and a reputation but this only attracted peoples attention. It wasn't long before I found myself shielding my face from a relentless barrage of footballs which my peers had been kicking at me while I was attempting to eat lunch outside. I snapped and grabbed one of them, some out-of-shape shrek-like inbred with dodgy teeth, and threatened to gouge his eyes out with my compass. Obviously, I was put in re-engagement again before being suspended and sent to a rougher school in a neighboring town for a few weeks as punishment. (they didn't expell me because I was normally well behaved). Surprisingly, most of my teachers regarded me with sympathy when I returned but as for my peers, I had cemented my reputation as loose cannon with a lust for violence. This signalled the end of my high school social life. I learned the art of controlled apathy (not giving a f*ck) and focused on my exams and did well. My A-level social life was pretty **** as well but that was my own fault as I had become so jaded with people that I didn't know how to respond when people actually tried to be nice to me. I missed out on many friendships and relationships as a result. Oh well, suffering builds character :biggrin:. The ability to find happiness in solitude has been invaluable. I'm glad I spent my teens in social purgatory. Even when people are nice to you, they can't be trusted.
Original post by PhilanderingBum
It was pretty ****. I was at the bottom of the social ladder. Despite being (relatively) good looking and athletic, I was considered to be one of the untouchables. Since seocndary, I had been friends with this tw*tty little German kid who shared many of my interests (gaming, films, working out) and we got on pretty well. This kid always seemed to be in competition with me though and liked to turn everything into a d*ck measuring contest. If I was wearing better clothes than him, had better abs than him or broke his balls a bit, his ego couldn't handle it (we were a bunch of vain, belligerent t*ssers). I think he might also have suffered from napolean complex as he was miniscule and I was over 6ft. Anyway, this jerry sh*t was very charismatic and socially adept and held a degree control over my wider social circle. He wasn't the only person I had rubbed the wrong way: there was this Jewish guy with a massive adams apple who couldn't take a joke and followed whoever was the most popular (in this case, the Jerry) and this Fillipino who was extremely insecure about his skinny physique and his third-world upbringing and had a chip on his shoulder along with a couple of gormless Hungarian brothers who didn't really care either way but followed whoever held the most influence. On top of this, there was this sexually-perverted Pakistani with wacked out eyes (I think he was microdosing on opiates) who was always trying to sell me steroids and weed along with a chubby Christian zealot who's parents where from Rhodesia (his mother was the local baptist pastor in my town). The last two weren't particularly popular on the grounds of being weird and uncool but they stood with the Jerry against me anyway. Anyway, back to the Jerry, he was a crafty little sh*t with an eye for detail and he saw that I lacked his social aptitude and connections he had developed. At the time, the Jerry and the Phillipino were trying to woo girls from an all-female group on the other side of the plaground and they would drag the group with them and we would spend lunches and breaks watching the two preen themselves in the hopes of winning the affections of their crushes. Me and the Jerry feuded for a while (I strongly objected to the way we were spending our time and he insisted on talking sh*t about me in front of those tarts), culminating in me being thrown out of the group, before the Jerry, the Jew and the Fillipino and their feckless Hungarian pets ascended to more popular social circles leaving the Pakistani and the Zealot to grudgingly crawl back with me. At this point, we three despised eachother and only stuck together for fear of being seen as a weird loner. It didn't end here however, The Jerry had rises to the very top of the social hierarchy, taking the best looking Hungarian brother with him. From his seat of power, he continued to ***** about me and tar my reputation. I would see people I didn't even know sneer at me, laugh at me, dismiss me or treat me with sympathy and pity. The Jerry had come out on top, I had lost

When I was at school, whenever guys would try to take the piss out of me or bully me then I would just batter the s*** out of them :smile:
(edited 6 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending