The Student Room Group

UK life

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
But I might fail? Statistics show most people who resit don't pass and that without GCSEs you will end up on the dole. Everything is stacked against me. The new GCSEs are also harder so what can I Do? I don't think there is anything unless I give up completely. The entry level 3 qualifications from a FE college are apparently worthless.

If you honestly think that then why did you post this?? Anyone could fail anything but if you don’t try or even bother then what else do you expect? Jobs won’t be handed to you on a plate. Your attitude towards your studies is so defeatist and it’s got nothing to do with you mental health. Btw current GCSEs are not going to be a world a way from what you did 2/3 years ago so that’s no excuse, I could do them now if I revised like everyone else has to and I haven’t done them in 5+ years!
I don’t know what you really expect people to say if you just shun every comment with “but I’ll fail” or “I haven’t had it easy”
Original post by Lily048
If you honestly think that then why did you post this?? Anyone could fail anything but if you don’t try or even bother then what else do you expect? Jobs won’t be handed to you on a plate. Your attitude towards your studies is so defeatist and it’s got nothing to do with you mental health. Btw current GCSEs are not going to be a world a way from what you did 2/3 years ago so that’s no excuse, I could do them now if I revised like everyone else has to and I haven’t done them in 5+ years!
I don’t know what you really expect people to say if you just shun every comment with “but I’ll fail” or “I haven’t had it easy”

Maybe I don't know how to think positively about the future, I wish I did because at least then I might believe that I am capable of getting a degree or at least some decent qualifications like GCSEs, the main course I want to do is pre access to get the GCSEs which is probably designed to help people as it is an adult course so people who wouldn't of done GCSEs in years, but I still worry I won't get the qualifications I really want
Original post by Anonymous
Maybe I don't know how to think positively about the future, I wish I did because at least then I might believe that I am capable of getting a degree or at least some decent qualifications like GCSEs, the main course I want to do is pre access to get the GCSEs which is probably designed to help people as it is an adult course so people who wouldn't of done GCSEs in years, but I still worry I won't get the qualifications I really want

You’re problem seems to be self esteem or at least confidence issues and tbh you need to address that first before thinking of doing anything else. I would suggest looking into ‘‘mindfulness’ and self help books which are always good to read, or go to your GP to see if they can offer you some regular counselling sessions - even talking to a clinician may help you.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending