The Student Room Group

I would like to study Marketing MSc and I have 3 offers, which one should I pick?

I'm so happy to join you and I'm really looking for a help choosing a university.

I'm planning to study Marketing MSc and I have received offers from University of Sussex, Loughborough University and University of Strathclyde.
Which one is better? Which one should I pick? Which city is better for an international students?

And please feel free to recommend any course or university that can be suitable for my situation

Thanks in advance
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by nael
I'm so happy to join you and I'm really looking for a help choosing a university.

I'm planning to study Marketing MSc and I have received offers from University of Sussex, Loughborough University and University of Strathclyde.
Which one is better? Which one should I pick? Which city is better for an international students?

And please feel free to recommend any course or university that can be suitable for my situation

Thanks in advance

Hi nael

Great to hear you have 3 offers to study marketing :smile:
It's really difficult for anyone to say where you should study because it's such a personal thing.

I think a good starting point is to have all 3 courses side by side and compare the course content and decide which suits your career aspirations the best (Loughborough offer the opportunity to gain a CIM Accredited Level 6 Diploma).

Then look at what's on offer in terms of extra-curricular activities and what you can get involved with to really make the most of your time at uni.
Also look at location - being central to the country, Loughborough have great transport links to everywhere and we've got an airport close by as well making it easy to explore other parts of Europe while you're here.
We've got a great community here at Loughborough and our international staff and students are a big part of that.

If you have any specific questions about Loughborough, just ask, but doing a list of pros and cons for each uni is probably a good place to start - it may well rule one out straight away and then you only have to choose between two!

Good luck with your decision :smile:
Vicky
Reply 2
Hi Vicky,
Thank you for your response and help. In face, I'm an international student and It's a little bit hard for me to know the students preferences for the three universities and that's why I thought it's a good idea to ask the colleagues in the student room.

It would be a great help if you can mention some resources and website where I can compare and know more about the cities, universities and living costs.

Thank you
Original post by nael
Hi Vicky,
Thank you for your response and help. In face, I'm an international student and It's a little bit hard for me to know the students preferences for the three universities and that's why I thought it's a good idea to ask the colleagues in the student room.

It would be a great help if you can mention some resources and website where I can compare and know more about the cities, universities and living costs.

Thank you

Hi nael
If you have a look on each of the uni's websites, they'll have all the information you need there.
For Loughborough here are the links you may find useful:

http://www.lboro.ac.uk/study/postgraduate/accommodation/

http://www.lboro.ac.uk/study/postgraduate/student-life/

http://www.lboro.ac.uk/study/postgraduate/international-students/

Hope this helps :smile:
Vicky

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending