The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by munkysox
No, I'm fairly sure I'll get the grades, I just felt the uni was kinda unwelcoming after visits etc.

It is a common reason people reject their offer. I can see why you'd feel that it isn't particularly welcoming, especially if you come from a low-income background.

Best of luck with it all.
Reply 21
Original post by 04MR17
I've ended up in Keele (that's another story).:redface:

Turned them down because they didn't offer the exact course I wanted.

I'd never heard of Keele before, so looked it up- it's a really pretty place. Hope you're enjoying it there!
I'd never heard of Keele before, so looked it up- it's a really pretty place. Hope you're enjoying it there!
I am thank you.:smile:
Reply 23
I just felt the uni was kinda unwelcoming after visits etc.

I went to an open day last year and was thinking about applying as well for September 2018 entry and felt exactly the same when i went to visit. Very unhelpful and felt very unwelcome.
Reply 24
Original post by 04MR17
I am thank you.:smile:

Do you ever regret turning your offer down? Everyone keeps telling me that I will
Do you ever regret turning your offer down? Everyone keeps telling me that I will
Personally no. But I was a long way off the offer grades anyway.:smile:
Reply 26
Original post by cloudc
I went to an open day last year and was thinking about applying as well for September 2018 entry and felt exactly the same when i went to visit. Very unhelpful and felt very unwelcome.

Where did you apply and where do you want to go? :smile:
Reply 27
Original post by 04MR17
Personally no. But I was a long way off the offer grades anyway.:smile:

Oh good- that's really reassuring! My family are pretty shocked at the moment and not too happy with me...
Reply 28
Where did you apply and where do you want to go? :smile:

Well I visited Cambridge before I got my AS results which became my predictions for universities. So last year I also visited Bath which I liked and Birmingham which I loved. Bath was a bit out of reach for my predictions so I didn't apply there. In the end I applied to Birmingham, Leicester, Oxford brookes, Portsmouth and then Birghton. Unfortunately got declined from Birmingham which was not great. Thinking of putting Leicester as first choice which is ABB, and then Oxford brookes as my insurance choice which is BBC.
A bit of a change from Cambridge you could say : )
Oh good- that's really reassuring! My family are pretty shocked at the moment and not too happy with me...
They aren't the ones studying the degree.:nah:
Reply 30
Original post by cloudc
Well I visited Cambridge before I got my AS results which became my predictions for universities. So last year I also visited Bath which I liked and Birmingham which I loved. Bath was a bit out of reach for my predictions so I didn't apply there. In the end I applied to Birmingham, Leicester, Oxford brookes, Portsmouth and then Birghton. Unfortunately got declined from Birmingham which was not great. Thinking of putting Leicester as first choice which is ABB, and then Oxford brookes as my insurance choice which is BBC.
A bit of a change from Cambridge you could say : )

Sounds pretty good- I hope you get the grades you need, and have a great time wherever you go ☺️
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by StarbucksLife14
What exactly is the function of a rubber duck?

I can't remember where this is from lmao
Original post by RedGiant
I can't remember where this is from lmao
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets.:wink:
Have you turned down all your universities or just Cambridge?
Reply 34
Original post by Other_Owl
Have you turned down all your universities or just Cambridge?

I'm putting Edinburgh as my firm choice, and not having an insurance choice, as it's my lowest offer :smile:
I applied for Cambridge, UCL, KCL, Edinburgh, and Manchester
Basically what the title say

I know this post is really old, but I'm currently facing a dilemma. I have a space at Cambridge, which I deferred due to my mental health being utter ****. It really started to make me consider whether Cambridge is the right place for me - I need to make a decision on whether to go next year or whether to apply elsewhere and I really have no clue what to do. Do you have any advice?
Original post by LLLLC123
I know this post is really old, but I'm currently facing a dilemma. I have a space at Cambridge, which I deferred due to my mental health being utter ****. It really started to make me consider whether Cambridge is the right place for me - I need to make a decision on whether to go next year or whether to apply elsewhere and I really have no clue what to do. Do you have any advice?
First question - how is your mental health?

Second question - what course?

Latest

Trending

Trending