The Student Room Group

West Midlands Central Deanery Accommodation

Anyone know if any of the hospitals offer hospital accommodation?

I’m an Irish medical student and I’ve been having difficulty trying to find any information.
Reply 1
I studied in Birmingham. I guess I don't know 100% for all the hospitals, but I'm pretty sure they don't. Brum has huge amounts of housing opportunities, they would expect you to just get a flat
Reply 2
Original post by Ghotay
I studied in Birmingham. I guess I don't know 100% for all the hospitals, but I'm pretty sure they don't. Brum has huge amounts of housing opportunities, they would expect you to just get a flat

Alright. Thanks for your reply!
Hospitals that I know have had some accommodation in recent years - not sure if still up to date though:

- Heartlands
- City
- Sandwell
- Birmingham Children’s

In all honesty though, as above, there is a lot of rental accommodation in Birmingham, including rooms within houseshares, so this is usually the best option. You’re likely to be within a very small minority of FY1s living in if you find hospital accommodation. They’re always changing Foundation School boundaries in West Mids Deanery so I don’t know what’s included in Central these days, but hospitals nearer the periphery of the Deanery such as Wolverhampton New Cross and Worcester / Hereford (I suspect these are WM South) have accommodation and more people tend to live in.
Reply 4
Original post by junior.doctor
Hospitals that I know have had some accommodation in recent years - not sure if still up to date though:

- Heartlands
- City
- Sandwell
- Birmingham Children’s

In all honesty though, as above, there is a lot of rental accommodation in Birmingham, including rooms within houseshares, so this is usually the best option. You’re likely to be within a very small minority of FY1s living in if you find hospital accommodation. They’re always changing Foundation School boundaries in West Mids Deanery so I don’t know what’s included in Central these days, but hospitals nearer the periphery of the Deanery such as Wolverhampton New Cross and Worcester / Hereford (I suspect these are WM South) have accommodation and more people tend to live in.

Ok thanks for the insight!
Reply 5
Original post by RainBow_xo
Ok thanks for the insight!

Most people tend to live around newstreet, however that can be a bit expensive with studios ranging around 700 a month. Or you could live in harborne if you manage to get a few housemates and you only end up paying around 350 a month.
Reply 6
Original post by Ridwan
Most people tend to live around newstreet, however that can be a bit expensive with studios ranging around 700 a month. Or you could live in harborne if you manage to get a few housemates and you only end up paying around 350 a month.

Ok thank you 🙂 I can narrow it down a bit!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending