The Student Room Group

What is the most expensive (retro) game you own?

Hi lovely gamers! :smile:

As more retro gamers than I expected exist, I would love to know from you in particular whether you own a true rarity in you old gaming collection (or you owned).

I personally have still my old video games at home and there are some of them they have a great fortune. If I would sell my most valuabe games, I can earn 500 pounds or more so easily.

And what about you? what is or was your game with the highest sum of money? are you even sell those? feel free to discuss! :h:
I don't have anything worth a great deal, but I do own a small piece of semi-obscure nintendo history - that being the smallest console they ever produced, the Pokemon Mini. I got mine used for a really good price with a brand new boxed game and the console seems to have doubled in value since then. I don't really play it, but it's a neat thing to own.
I have all the old pokemon games the most expensive being pokemon crystal which can go for nearly £100 these days :biggrin: I also have a couple factory sealed games.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by markovchain17
I have all the old pokemon games the most expensive being pokemon crystal which can go for nearly £100 these days :biggrin: I also have a couple factory sealed games.

Posted from TSR Mobile

That is a good sum of money! not a comparison to my most expensive game (222 pound!), but that is what I would consider as expensive. By the way the very most expensive game I know costs almost 100,000 pounds!!! :O
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Kallisto
That is a good sum of money! not a comparison to my most expensive game (222 pound!), but that is what I would consider as expensive. By the way the very most expensive game I know costs almost 100.000 pounds!!! :O

What game was 100,000 pound? Ive seen a couple go for 25-40k before. I am planning on buying Earthbound which can cost anywhere between £250-£600 :smile:
Reply 5
I have no idea. I still have every console and game I have ever owned, though.
Original post by markovchain17
What game was 100,000 pound? Ive seen a couple go for 25-40k before. I am planning on buying Earthbound which can cost anywhere between £250-£600 :smile:

Oh yeah, Earthbound. I am very aware of this game. If I can effort, I would buy Mega Man X3 as a big fan of this series. The price is up to almost 2000 pounds! :s-smilie:

I also would love to own Conker's bad fur day. Like the Rareware's humor in this game so much!!
Reply 7
Ikaruga for Gamecube
Strider 2, Castlevania SOTN for Psone
Skies of Arcadia, Seaman plus mic for Dreamcast
Reply 8
Shadows Hearts
Shadow Hearts: Covenant
Legend of Legaia
Ephemeral Fantasia
Wild Arms 3
Xenoblade Chronicles
Radiant Historia and a few more.
Reply 9

As more retro gamers than I expected exist, I would love to know from you in particular whether you own a true rarity in you old gaming collection (or you owned).

I personally have still my old video games at home and there are some of them they have a great fortune. If I would sell my most valuabe games, I can earn 500 pounds or more so easily.

And what about you? what is or was your game with the highest sum of money? are you even sell those? feel free to discuss! :h:
I think the one I have is "Attack of THE Mutant Camels" I think I sold it.

Original post by AaronSR
I think the one I have is "Attack of THE Mutant Camels" I think I sold it.

That is a good sum of money, definetely expensive. And a rarity, so unknown that I don't even know this game.
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
Either GameCube Zelda wind waker with bonus ocarina of time disc (limited edition), or boxed, mint chrono trigger for ds.
Paper Mario: The thousand year door original cover and manual
can go for £100+
Original post by GenericName101
Paper Mario: The thousand year door original cover and manual
can go for £100+

That is a sum of money, respect! did not know that gamecube games are so valuable in price.

Quick Reply

Latest