The Student Room Group

Change in financial circumstance

When financial circumstances change and you apply for a full maintenance loan part way through the year, do you get back payment for the previous term or payment for what is left of the year? Also does this also apply for the bursary which the uni provides?
Original post by Dianenoo
When financial circumstances change and you apply for a full maintenance loan part way through the year, do you get back payment for the previous term or payment for what is left of the year? Also does this also apply for the bursary which the uni provides?

Hi Dianenoo,

If your entitlement amount changes midway through the year the you are entitled to the funding for the full year and will receive a back payment, with regards to the bursary this is assessed by the College/University and you should speak to them with regards to this.

Thanks

Catherine
Reply 2
Original post by Catherine SFE
Hi Dianenoo,

If your entitlement amount changes midway through the year the you are entitled to the funding for the full year and will receive a back payment, with regards to the bursary this is assessed by the College/University and you should speak to them with regards to this.

Thanks

Catherine

Thanks
Diane
Reply 3
Hi there just a quick question my daughter is filling in her maintenance loan for uni in and it's asking for mine and her dad's income from 2016-2017 this year both me and husband worked but now the is only my husband that works due to me being on esa due to ill health and can't work .how would we go about this as it's a big difference in income for the household. Would be greatful for any help
Original post by Mazzer77
Hi there just a quick question my daughter is filling in her maintenance loan for uni in and it's asking for mine and her dad's income from 2016-2017 this year both me and husband worked but now the is only my husband that works due to me being on esa due to ill health and can't work .how would we go about this as it's a big difference in income for the household. Would be greatful for any help

Hi Mazzer77,

You would still complete the application with your 16/17 financial details, then in April you can complete a current year income form to base financial details on the current year rather than 16/17, CYI form will be available on the Gov website in April.

Thanks

Catherine

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending