The Student Room Group

Awkward at sixth form

I’m awkward. Like beyond awkward. I’m horribly awkward. It’s affecting everything, I’m losing friends and it’s not their fault I’m just a ball ridden with anxiety so I don’t blame other. I really hate being awkward though.

Anyone else relate? Fellow awkward human beings, where art thou?
Reply 1
Speak to a teacher and tell them your concerns. They'll be able to help you with Learning Support to give you techniques to help you with your anxiety.
Reply 2
Original post by lauryngreeng
I’m awkward. Like beyond awkward. I’m horribly awkward. It’s affecting everything, I’m losing friends and it’s not their fault I’m just a ball ridden with anxiety so I don’t blame other. I really hate being awkward though.

Anyone else relate? Fellow awkward human beings, where art thou?

I feel the same, every day I seem to be the only one who has something awkward happen to them and I feel sorry that my friends have to deal with me. I literally get home and cringe at myself for stupid little awkward things I do.
I guess one way to help is to think that no one else really cares or notices these things as much as you do. And if they do care then that's their problem because what you do shouldn't bother them!

I understand how you feel though and I hope one day we'll both feel confident enough not to feel awkward about ourselves and things we do!
Original post by idk75
I feel the same, every day I seem to be the only one who has something awkward happen to them and I feel sorry that my friends have to deal with me. I literally get home and cringe at myself for stupid little awkward things I do.
I guess one way to help is to think that no one else really cares or notices these things as much as you do. And if they do care then that's their problem because what you do shouldn't bother them!

I understand how you feel though and I hope one day we'll both feel confident enough not to feel awkward about ourselves and things we do!

Oh my gosh ME!!! I hope we can both combat the awkwardness I believe in you (I feel awkward even typing this at least you can relate)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending