The Student Room Group

Ramadan or gcses

As you guys may know ramadan is basically starting on the same day gcse exam start this year, and idk what im going to do!
Is it fine to miss fasting under these circumstances because my friends were saying i would probably get better results if i was fasting (?) . What are other muslims in this chat going to do i need to know otherwise i will have no idea

Scroll to see replies

Original post by m.e.
no its not fine to miss your fast infact u will get better grades if u fast.trust me i live in a desert and have to suffer the heat but i manage to fast and I'm going to during my exams

Dehydration and hunger reduces focus. This is OP's choice, sacrifice higher grades, or fast the whole month.
If you feel like you need to eat to improve your concentration then do it. Don't let anyone make you feel bad for it, your exams are more important for your future.
Original post by idkthename
As you guys may know ramadan is basically starting on the same day gcse exam start this year, and idk what im going to do!
Is it fine to miss fasting under these circumstances because my friends were saying i would probably get better results if i was fasting (?) . What are other muslims in this chat going to do i need to know otherwise i will have no idea

Well am not having GCSEs but I have through similar worse exams while fasting.
From what I know, it helps because I don’t waste time to go eat , and my concentration is always high. For those reasons whenever I have exams I fast not just religiously but for more focus and other benefits,
so I think u should fast, also God will be happy.
Reply 4
Allah doesn't want to make it harder, if you do your exams, then you can fast afterwards to make up for it, ot won't reduce the value of it
Original post by m.e.
no its not fine to miss your fast infact u will get better grades if u fast.trust me i live in a desert and have to suffer the heat but i manage to fast and I'm going to during my exams

True ... people even fast in worse conditions than just GCSEs,
btw am also in Uk ,am a Muslim and I have done GCSEs b4 ..
Fast and read hard, God will do the rest.
makes no difference
Reply 7
Original post by Shish_bish
Well am not having GCSEs but I have through similar worse exams while fasting.
From what I know, it helps because I don’t waste time to go eat , and my concentration is always high. For those reasons whenever I have exams I fast not just religiously but for more focus and other benefits,
so I think u should fast, also God will be happy.

You make it sound so easy but maybe its easy for you and not me.
I am thinking of fasting now because of what you and the others said
You make it sound so easy but maybe its easy for you and not me.
I am thinking of fasting now because of what you and the others said

I think it depends on how long your body has adapted, depending on your age and for how many years you have done it.
The first days are probably gonna be hard( they always are) but with in a week your body will.

But if u really can’t, u can maybe fall out.
(edited 6 years ago)

I got an A* last year on RS whilst fasting.

Don't let anyone tell you that you can't do the same
Original post by Shish_bish
I think it depends on how long your body has adapted, depending on your age and for how many years you have done it.
The first days are probably gonna be hard( they always are) but with in a week your body will.

Ok i will try but i guess those first days i will have to pray extra hard lol
Original post by Oneiropólos
I got an A* last year on RS whilst fasting.

Don't let anyone tell you that you can't do the same

Gives me hope
Original post by m.e.

Same did my GCSEs last year
live in a desert
it felt like a breeze
Original post by _InnocentOne_
Same did my GCSEs last year
live in a desert
it felt like a breeze

Where do you live because i thought only uk does gcses and there sure arent any deserts here
Fast because at the end of the day you will be accounted for your deeds, not your gcse grades. I revised for Urdu gcse in year 9 whilst fasting and I got an A, so there’s no excuse.
(edited 6 years ago)
Where do you live because i thought only uk does gcses and there sure arent any deserts here

You're dumb
It's unlawful to not fast if you don't have a legitimate circumstance i.e. illness. In my experience, it was hard fasting whilst doing A levels- i had to wake up 5am for the morning prayer, go to sleep at 10pm and then wake up again to have a quick snack for the following fasting day.

These struggles will be recognised and you will be redeemed for your actions- spiritually, it can help your results.
Original post by funkypineapple
It's unlawful to not fast if you don't have a legitimate circumstance i.e. illness. In my experience, it was hard fasting whilst doing A levels- i had to wake up 5am for the morning prayer, go to sleep at 10pm and then wake up again to have a quick snack for the following fasting day.

These struggles will be recognised and you will be redeemed for your actions- spiritually, it can help your results.

Yeah i guess you're right, how did you do in the a levels if you dont mind me asking?
Original post by _InnocentOne_
You're dumb

How
I spoke to my parents about this last year before my GCSE's and they said I do not have to fast on the exams days. I fasted on weekends and days with no exams, not eating or drinking can effect your focus.

Quick Reply

Latest