The Student Room Group

Stomach Pains

Hey guys,

So this morning I woke up and I had a really bad stomach pain, like it was so painful that I couldn't even go back to sleep. I went to the bathroom in case it may have been trapped wind or something but the pain was still there.
Its not my period pain and I don't remember eating anything out of the ordinary the day before.

Any advice?
Original post by TheGirlFelonXxXx
Hey guys,

So this morning I woke up and I had a really bad stomach pain, like it was so painful that I couldn't even go back to sleep. I went to the bathroom in case it may have been trapped wind or something but the pain was still there.
Its not my period pain and I don't remember eating anything out of the ordinary the day before.

Any advice?

Have you had any painkillers?
If the pain continues until Thursday you should go consult a doctor as it could be worse.
I had a really bad stomach pain and it turned out to be appendicitis.
Original post by randomuser5678
Have you had any painkillers?
If the pain continues until Thursday you should go consult a doctor as it could be worse.
I had a really bad stomach pain and it turned out to be appendicitis.

No I havent taken any pills, like the pain is on and off, so I wasnt sure if it was needed and it wasnt just me who had the pain but my siblings also.
No I havent taken any pills, like the pain is on and off, so I wasnt sure if it was needed and it wasnt just me who had the pain but my siblings also.

Perhaps it's the food- food poisoning?

I think you should try to have some painkillers- i suggest ibuprofen as it is more stronger than paracetamol.

Hope you get well :smile:
Perhaps it's the food- food poisoning?

I think you should try to have some painkillers- i suggest ibuprofen as it is more stronger than paracetamol.

Hope you get well :smile:

Maybe, but thanks for the advice xx
Maybe, but thanks for the advice xx

Do let me know, please
drink alot of water , it will help alot :smile:
Do let me know, please

Dw I will and whats with the unexpected kindness?:biggrin:
Original post by Ray_Shadows
drink alot of water , it will help alot :smile:

Tbh water was the only liquid that I was able to drink today, like I wasnt feeling anything else and I didnt really eat anything except for a banana and a bowl of porridge but thank you x
Tbh water was the only liquid that I was able to drink today, like I wasnt feeling anything else and I didnt really eat anything except for a banana and a bowl of porridge but thank you x

i wake up with stomach pains sometimes aswell , normal i take water and some yogurt for breakfast

is there anything stressing/upsetting you atm , that would explain it
i wake up with stomach pains sometimes aswell , normal i take water and some yogurt for breakfast

is there anything stressing/upsetting you atm , that would explain it

No not really, like Im up to date with work, my week so far is going well, my birthday is coming up!! but other than that, nothing has been on my mind that will cause me to feel stressed or anything
No not really, like Im up to date with work, my week so far is going well, my birthday is coming up!! but other than that, nothing has been on my mind that will cause me to feel stressed or anything

maybe you just slept rough , should be gone by the end of the day

if it persists then go see someone
maybe you just slept rough , should be gone by the end of the day

if it persists then go see someone

Yep probably and thanks for the advice
Yep probably and thanks for the advice

np x
Dw I will and whats with the unexpected kindness?

I like being polite, hence I use my manners:biggrin:
Hiya

You say you have stomach pain what did you eat prior?..

I had very similar form 2015-2018

I had no pain in 2017 because i restrained my diet...

It started around the centre of my abdomen and would "spread" agony wasn't the wword it would force me crawl everywhere.

the pain would start mostly at night after a few hours it would ease to nothing, however sometimes it would last days.

I had this for 3yrs and thought it was IBS or trapped wind etc etc.

This Christmas period i went MENTAL with the food lol i ate loads of Chocolate and fatty meat etc etc and i was in agony for 2 weeks straight
i couldn't sleep or eat!

I was rushed into A&E and it turned out i had a Gallbladder full of stones and the fatty food had caused the gallbladder to pulsate rapidly causing a stone to come out and block the bile ducts causing pancreatitis.

The pain that would last a couple of hours was the gallbadder itself, the stones would tumble around and aggravate the inside causing pain.

Now i don't mean to be an alarmist or anything but i suggest you get it checked out, i waited 2yrs and but that time it was too late.

Cheers Henry,,

Again i don't mean to be an alarmist..

:smile:
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Table123
Hiya

You say you have stomach pain what did you eat prior?..

I had very similar form 2015-2018

I had no pain in 2017 because i restrained my diet...

It started around the centre of my abdomen and would "spread" agony wasn't the wword it would force me crawl everywhere.

the pain would start mostly at night after a few hours it would ease to nothing, however sometimes it would last days.

I had this for 3yrs and thought it was IBS or trapped wind etc etc.

This Christmas period i went MENTAL with the food lol i ate loads of Chocolate and fatty meat etc etc and i was in agony for 2 weeks straight
i couldn't sleep or eat!

I was rushed into A&E and it turned out i had a Gallbladder full of stones and the fatty food had caused the gallbladder to pulsate rapidly causing a stone to come out and block the bile ducts causing pancreatitis.

The pain that would last a couple of hours was the gallbadder itself, the stones would tumble around and aggravate the inside causing pain.

Now i don't mean to be an alarmist or anything but i suggest you get it checked out, i waited 2yrs and but that time it was too late.

Cheers Henry,,

Again i don't mean to be an alarmist..

:smile:

Heyy,

Thanks for that advice but the stomach ache is gone x
Think it was that Donar I had the day before but once again appreciated completly x
Hope everything is fine with you
Heyy,

Thanks for that advice but the stomach ache is gone x
Think it was that Donar I had the day before but once again appreciated completly x
Hope everything is fine with you

Ah i'm glad the ache has gone, probably an upset stomach maybe the Donar was out of date??

I'm still waiting for the DREADED phone call at the Mo lol

Hopefully i'll get a surgery spot before i go to college in september!!

H
(edited 6 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest