The Student Room Group

My ex said I look like a doll? Help

So the other I accidentally sent my ex a pic of me and then I sent him another message saying “sorry wasn’t meant to go to u wrong person”

he then relied “btw you look like a doll stop using so much filter”

What does he mean by this ?!
Reply 1
Day*
That you are using a filter to hide your true looks, basically fake in a way
Reply 3
Original post by TheGirlFelonXxXx
That you are using a filter to hide your true looks, basically fake in a way

Is that a bad thing?!
Original post by Anonymous
Is that a bad thing?!

I mean it is a bad and quite negative comment for him to say but what hes tryna say is that hiding behind filters just shows you arent comfortable showing your looks
Sounds like this guy is an ex for a reason. Avoid.

Ideally, delete his number so you don't ~accidentally~ send him a selfie.
Reply 6
I mean it is a bad and quite negative comment for him to say but what hes tryna say is that hiding behind filters just shows you arent comfortable showing your looks

Tbh he use to say the same when I was with him he’s be like u don’t need to be using filters stop using them and when he met me he did say I looked beautiful

He's saying you're plastic. Fake. Hiding yourself from the world.
Reply 8
Original post by trou_noir
Sounds like this guy is an ex for a reason. Avoid.

Ideally, delete his number so you don't ~accidentally~ send him a selfie.

Well he’s angry at me tbh I messed up our relationship so he does says anything to get me
Well he’s angry at me tbh I messed up our relationship so he does says anything to get me

OP, I really feel like there's a lot more going on here than you not being sure what he means. It seems like you want this comment to indicate something about his feelings towards you whether positive or negative. But if you two have broken up, it's not going to make you feel any better to be poring over messages like this.

That's why I think it was kind of bad of this guy to send you this message. At the best of times, it would annoy the heck out of me if a guy thought it was his business to criticise me for how I want to edit my selfies or whatever. It doesn't come across as complimentary to me. If you want to give a compliment, just give one. If he's trying to criticise you - why? It's so needless and pointless.

As for accidentally sending people messages - honestly do your best to avoid this. If you want to get back together with someone, be honest about it. If they've broken up with you, give them space. Give yourself space so that you're not making threads about cryptic comments as a way of torturing yourself. If you really believe he is criticising your looks because he's angry at you, that is truly no way to behave. If it's just a throwaway comment from someone who makes this kind of comment all the time, it's not going to help you to ruminate on it.
Bump
Original post by trou_noir
OP, I really feel like there's a lot more going on here than you not being sure what he means. It seems like you want this comment to indicate something about his feelings towards you whether positive or negative. But if you two have broken up, it's not going to make you feel any better to be poring over messages like this.

That's why I think it was kind of bad of this guy to send you this message. At the best of times, it would annoy the heck out of me if a guy thought it was his business to criticise me for how I want to edit my selfies or whatever. It doesn't come across as complimentary to me. If you want to give a compliment, just give one. If he's trying to criticise you - why? It's so needless and pointless.

As for accidentally sending people messages - honestly do your best to avoid this. If you want to get back together with someone, be honest about it. If they've broken up with you, give them space. Give yourself space so that you're not making threads about cryptic comments as a way of torturing yourself. If you really believe he is criticising your looks because he's angry at you, that is truly no way to behave. If it's just a throwaway comment from someone who makes this kind of comment all the time, it's not going to help you to ruminate on it.

Thank u hun for this message and Yh I agree with what u have said I do wanna be with him and I feel like he still has got feelings for me but he’s got bad ego and likes to be a ***** as I messed up our relationship
Sounds like you were hoping it was a compliment. It's probably more of a neg from him. Maybe a power thing.
Sounds like you were hoping it was a compliment. It's probably more of a neg from him. Maybe a power thing.

Power thing?!
It's extremely blatant... He's saying you shouldn't use filters, I believe he thinks you don't need to use filters since your natural beauty is enough.
Bump

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending