The Student Room Group

Ukcat dates

Hey,
I am currently in year 12 and I will be sending off applications to Universities this October.

I will be in year 13 when I send off the application and wait for feedback and possible interview arrangements.

Am I supposed to sit the UKCAT this summer? I was lead to believe I revise this summer and apply for it next year but that wouldn't make sense as I send off applications this year.
Reply 1
Original post by ZombieTheWolf
Hey,
I am currently in year 12 and I will be sending off applications to Universities this October.

I will be in year 13 when I send off the application and wait for feedback and possible interview arrangements.

Am I supposed to sit the UKCAT this summer? I was lead to believe I revise this summer and apply for it next year but that wouldn't make sense as I send off applications this year.

I did mine end of August of the year 12 summer holidays but you have from July to October this year to do it!
Sit it this summer(between July and october)
Reply 3
Yeh I would say the best time to do it is late August/ early September, as you get all of summer to revise. If you’re doing BMAT also, I definitely suggest mid-late August, so you can get started on revising that. Book as soon as you can so you get a good choice of centre.
OH! Many thanks, I was gonna miss the deadline! Well, gonna be revising all of this march half-term!

I've got a UKCAT book and are aware of the websites, but other personal tips are more than welcome.
Reply 5
OH! Many thanks, I was gonna miss the deadline! Well, gonna be revising all of this march half-term!

I've got a UKCAT book and are aware of the websites, but other personal tips are more than welcome.

I don’t recommend starting to revise too early, maybe 3/4 weeks before your exam. If you have the money be sure to get Medify!! It’s amazing!

That's early to start revising-focus on your exams in June(unless you have none?). You don't want to run out of resources. Most start 6 weeks before their test. I personally was revising on and off from 8 weeks before my test, and then more intense the 2 weeks running up to it.
Personally I used the book and free resources online. The book is harder than the real thing(especially abstract reasoning), but it just makes the actual thing seem easier.
I'd also recommend sitting it before you go back to school, gets it out of the way.
Original post by AzureCeleste
That's early to start revising-focus on your exams in June(unless you have none?). You don't want to run out of resources. Most start 6 weeks before their test. I personally was revising on and off from 8 weeks before my test, and then more intense the 2 weeks running up to it.
Personally I used the book and free resources online. The book is harder than the real thing(especially abstract reasoning), but it just makes the actual thing seem easier.
I'd also recommend sitting it before you go back to school, gets it out of the way.

If I booked a day on the 1st of September, would I recieve my results before the UCAS deadline?
If I booked a day on the 1st of September, would I recieve my results before the UCAS deadline?

You receive the results immediately after you sit it. You leave the room, they print the results and give them to you. So yes you'll have them. By the way its cheaper to sit the test in July/August, if the prices are the same as last year it was £65 then and £85 in September/October(or something along those lines)
Original post by AzureCeleste
You receive the results immediately after you sit it. You leave the room, they print the results and give them to you. So yes you'll have them. By the way its cheaper to sit the test in July/August, if the prices are the same as last year it was £65 then and £85 in September/October(or something along those lines)

Oh okie, thank you so much.
Sorry for being nosy, but how did the test go for you?
Reply 10
After you complete your UKCAT you get your results straight away, I was given a print out with my results. You have to work out your average on your own. But you won’t have to worry about anything after that as your unis will get them when you send your application.
Original post by Bxckii
After you complete your UKCAT you get your results straight away, I was given a print out with my results. You have to work out your average on your own. But you won’t have to worry about anything after that as your unis will get them when you send your application.

Thanks so much:smile:.
Also if I sat the UKCATSEN would that alter my application? (Like show that I sat the SEN version instead of the UKCAT?)
Oh okie, thank you so much.
Sorry for being nosy, but how did the test go for you?

Quite good. Total was 3070 so average 767.5 and then band 1 SJT
Hey,

Hi there!

Yes, you'll sit the UKCAT in the summer of year 12.

You can find out more about each section of the UKCAT - plus tips on how to revise - on our UKCAT Guide.

We also have a completely free UKCAT Question Bank with thousands of questions and detailed answer explanations which you can use to practise!

Hope this helps! :smile:
The Medic Portal

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending