The Student Room Group

*DO NOT READ* The most boring GYG in the history of GYGs.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by indie.sxnds
Hahaha the memory thing is pointless but I guess in a way it's a fun incentive to revise lol, yeah I totally get what you mean about tassomai. I also don't like the fact that apparently because of its algorithm it limits the amount you can do in a day, so once you've increased by about 1% in say, an hour, it slows down the rate at which you can increase :frown:

I hated fleming's left hand rule! Honestly in the exam I'll end up fracturing my wrist from trying to find the direction of the force or whatever :argh:

Yes I suppose you can conquer the globe or something with all the revision:biggrin: I’m hoping they put on other courses soon:wink:
I had no idea about the algorithm doing that! I tend to do it in half hour bursts of motivation:u: is it just me who doesn’t really feel like it’s revision?:colondollar:
Haha I’ll end up poking myself in the eye looking for the direction of the force:biggrin:
Good luck with GCSEs:h:
Original post by Toastiekid
Yes I suppose you can conquer the globe or something with all the revision:biggrin: I’m hoping they put on other courses soon:wink:
I had no idea about the algorithm doing that! I tend to do it in half hour bursts of motivation:u: is it just me who doesn’t really feel like it’s revision?:colondollar:
Haha I’ll end up poking myself in the eye looking for the direction of the force:biggrin:
Good luck with GCSEs:h:

Me too! That's why I don't really like Tassomai that much. If I 'manually' quiz a particular topic using the swimlanes after I've studied it on my own, I guess its good for testing myself, but I hate the randomness when it tries to go from something like cells and control to states of matter?!

Good luck too! Do you have a GYG?:smile:
(edited 6 years ago)
Me too! That's why I don't really like Tassomai that much. If I 'manually' quiz a particular topic using the swimlanes after I've studied it on my own, I guess its good for testing myself, but I hate the randomness when it tries to go from something like cells and control to states of matter?!

Good luck too! Do you have a GYG?

Yeah I had a physics mock and I was trying to do physics and it kept changing to chemistry:angry:
Though I recommend you google tassomai memes, they’re great:tongue: I understand why it’s random though, they want us to complete 80% of the course by the date set:redface:
Yes:h:
Yeah I had a physics mock and I was trying to do physics and it kept changing to chemistry:angry:
Though I recommend you google tassomai memes, they’re great:tongue: I understand why it’s random though, they want us to complete 80% of the course by the date set:redface:
Yes:h:

Haha I just looked at a few lol they're quite funny lmao, tag me in your GYG!
Haha I just looked at a few lol they're quite funny lmao, tag me in your GYG!

Will do:biggrin:

Day 32; March 12th

So I officially started this blog over a month ago! - which I know is a lot less than some people haha

I did minimal revision this weekend but cracking on this week. Ever since my op, whenever I get up even after short periods of time, I get this visual aura, where I can't see anything, followed by dizziness for like a minute and a headache, so I went for an eye test this morning. Good news is my prescription for my glasses is lower than before now, and my sight is great, but I may be suffering from migraines (I hope thats all) I've got to speak with the doctors at the hospital on friday about it, since its only came on after my surgery :frown:

In other news, I FINALLY put together a revision timetable, which I solemnly swear to try my absolute best to stick to. I really keep procrastinating, which is the worst, because I'd hate to come out on results day knowing I should've tried harder.

Mainly focused on Biology and Mandarin revision, and got some of my german friends to help me form some speaking answers :biggrin:

going to bed early tonight, aiming for a 5am start, which i don't know why I'm even attempting, because it just won't happen. Oh well, no harm in dreaming to be dedicated. nightttttt. :sleep:

(also, I forgot, I made templates for my timetable, so if anyone wants, just let me know and I'll post it on here/send it to you.:smile:)
(edited 6 years ago)
Yay your one month birthday:h:
Feeling like a bit of an idiot for not reading the OP:oops: (I just read it!)
I do Mandarin too!:yep:
I hope you're alright after your surgery:hugs:
That's great about your glasses:thumbsup: hopefully they can sort out your migranes:redface:
I tried to get up at 5:45am last week but it didn't work:sad:
Yay your one month birthday:h:
Feeling like a bit of an idiot for not reading the OP:oops: (I just read it!)
I do Mandarin too!:yep:
I hope you're alright after your surgery:hugs:
That's great about your glasses:thumbsup: hopefully they can sort out your migranes:redface:
I tried to get up at 5:45am last week but it didn't work:sad:

Hahaha it’s cool :smile: and yess! I hardly know anyone apart from my classmates that study Mandarin too, i’m so glad we get to do the old GCSE! Is your exam board edexcel?

Thank you! Recovery set me back a little but i’m getting there haha

Also, literally me. It’s 9:30 and i’m still not asleep, I tried lol
Hahaha it’s cool :smile: and yess! I hardly know anyone apart from my classmates that study Mandarin too, i’m so glad we get to do the old GCSE! Is your exam board edexcel?

Thank you! Recovery set me back a little but i’m getting there haha

Also, literally me. It’s 9:30 and i’m still not asleep, I tried lol

Yes! #mandarinbuddies oh gosh new gcse mandarin would've killed me:biggrin:
Go to sleep:angry:

Day 32; March 12th

So I officially started this blog over a month ago! - which I know is a lot less than some people haha

I did minimal revision this weekend but cracking on this week. Ever since my op, whenever I get up even after short periods of time, I get this visual aura, where I can't see anything, followed by dizziness for like a minute and a headache, so I went for an eye test this morning. Good news is my prescription for my glasses is lower than before now, and my sight is great, but I may be suffering from migraines (I hope thats all) I've got to speak with the doctors at the hospital on friday about it, since its only came on after my surgery :frown:

In other news, I FINALLY put together a revision timetable, which I solemnly swear to try my absolute best to stick to. I really keep procrastinating, which is the worst, because I'd hate to come out on results day knowing I should've tried harder.

Mainly focused on Biology and Mandarin revision, and got some of my german friends to help me form some speaking answers :biggrin:

going to bed early tonight, aiming for a 5am start, which i don't know why I'm even attempting, because it just won't happen. Oh well, no harm in dreaming to be dedicated. nightttttt. :sleep:

(also, I forgot, I made templates for my timetable, so if anyone wants, just let me know and I'll post it on here/send it to you.:smile:)

I could never wake up at 5am intentionally. So respect for that.

Day 32; March 12th

How did you improved your eyesight?
I managed to improve about 1.5 diopters with hard work on eye exercises and maintaining good habits, took me about three years and now I am stuck in my current prescription.

About your migraines, it takes time to figure out what causes them and what helps you to ease them or even prevent or stop them. Try finding out the source of the problem... not enough or not a regular sleep can be one of them....
Yes! #mandarinbuddies oh gosh new gcse mandarin would've killed me:biggrin:
Go to sleep:angry:

Same!! Imagine not having controlled assessments...:shock:
Original post by Ihatelife2
I could never wake up at 5am intentionally. So respect for that.

I tried this morning - mission impossible. There's always tomorrow? haha:biggrin:
Original post by Kathy89
How did you improved your eyesight?
I managed to improve about 1.5 diopters with hard work on eye exercises and maintaining good habits, took me about three years and now I am stuck in my current prescription.

About your migraines, it takes time to figure out what causes them and what helps you to ease them or even prevent or stop them. Try finding out the source of the problem... not enough or not a regular sleep can be one of them....

To be honest, I didn't really do anything to improve my sight, I was actually surprised my prescription is lower than before. But well done! I think sometimes it's just a natural thing, if not maintaining those exercises should improve your vision just maybe at a slower rate. I'm not an eye expert but I hope your sight continues to get better :smile:

I know the "trigger" of these migraines, it always occurs after sitting down, even for a few minutes, so far nothing really helps. :frown: I'm speaking with the surgeons on friday to try and figure something out, since its only been happening post-op. Thank you so much for your advice!
Same!! Imagine not having controlled assessments...:shock:

ouch:frown:
I have so much respect for the year 10s doing it:biggrin:
Hope you had a lovely day:h:
ouch:frown:
I have so much respect for the year 10s doing it:biggrin:
Hope you had a lovely day:h:

Haha same:biggrin:
Thanks, you too!:u: Today was stress x100 and I'm so tired :frown: literally at the desk barely keeping my eyes open, I can hear my bed calling but I need to face the never-ending battle of revision Ugh!!:kungfu: How was your day? :smile:
Haha same:biggrin:
Thanks, you too!:u: Today was stress x100 and I'm so tired :frown: literally at the desk barely keeping my eyes open, I can hear my bed calling but I need to face the never-ending battle of revision Ugh!!:kungfu: How was your day? :smile:

Did you make it out of bed really early?
aww no don’t stress too much:frown: pm if you ever want to talk:h:
It’s a long battle:wink: like Elizabeth with the Spanish Armada we will win this battle (can you tell I had history today?!)
My day was also fairly exhausting though I’ve just been hit by a [sugar induced] burst of energy:redface:
Did you make it out of bed really early?
aww no don’t stress too much:frown: pm if you ever want to talk:h:
It’s a long battle:wink: like Elizabeth with the Spanish Armada we will win this battle (can you tell I had history today?!)
My day was also fairly exhausting though I’ve just been hit by a [sugar induced] burst of energy:redface:

I tried to... but as soon as the 5am alarm hit I was like "no way" and went back to sleep:biggrin: Thank youu, its the pressure that exams are getting nearer + the amount of revision I have to do that's getting to me :s-smilie:
Geographer over here, but studying history does seem like a war (from what I've heard:biggrin:)
I'm actually about to make a frappuccino with extra coffee AND sugar (I hate coffee, but i gotta do what i gotta do:wink::redface:)
I tried to... but as soon as the 5am alarm hit I was like "no way" and went back to sleep:biggrin: Thank youu, its the pressure that exams are getting nearer + the amount of revision I have to do that's getting to me :s-smilie:
Geographer over here, but studying history does seem like a war (from what I've heard:biggrin:)
I'm actually about to make a frappuccino with extra coffee AND sugar (I hate coffee, but i gotta do what i gotta do:wink::redface:)

I tried it last week and ended up in the same position:biggrin:
I like history but there’s wayyyy too much content:frown:
I don’t like coffee either but I’m impressed by the fact you can make a Frappuccino; I thought one had to be a skilled Starbucks barista to make one:colondollar:
I tried it last week and ended up in the same position:biggrin:
I like history but there’s wayyyy too much content:frown:
I don’t like coffee either but I’m impressed by the fact you can make a Frappuccino; I thought one had to be a skilled Starbucks barista to make one:colondollar:

The power of the internet my friend, the power of the internet:wink:youtube can teach you how to make anything :biggrin: Not sure if my frappe is Starbucks' standard, hopefully it does the job haha:u:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending