The Student Room Group

Second degree in UK

Hello,

I am 25 years old and I live in Greece.
I applied for a bachelor in Biology in certain Universities in UK and Wales and I would like to know if I can get any financial support from the Student Finance.
I already own a degree in Dental Technology from the Technological Educational Institute of Athens but this is not the career path I am interested in and I can't support myself and also pay the fees for full time studies in Uk. Also part time studies unfortunately it's not an option (also for financial reasons)

I read somewhere that if the first degree is in the allied health professions the second degree can be funded.
Do you consider Dental Technology studies as allied health profession? Is there any chance for at least limited financial support?

Any advice would be helpful,
Thank you
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Evi.vrl
Hello,

I am 25 years old and I live in Greece.
I applied for a bachelor in Biology in certain Universities in UK and Wales and I would like to know if I can get any financial support from the Student Finance.
I already own a degree in Dental Technology from the Technological Educational Institute of Athens but this is not the career path I am interested in and I can't support myself and also pay the fees for full time studies in Uk. Also part time studies unfortunately it's not an option (also for financial reasons)

I read somewhere that if the first degree is in the allied health professions the second degree can be funded.
Do you consider Dental Technology studies as allied health profession? Is there any chance for at least limited financial support?

Any advice would be helpful,
Thank you

Hi Evi.vrl,

As you already hold a degree qualification and you are wishing to study Biology as a second degree. Student Finance would be unable to offer funding for this course as this is not an exception subject and would not attract second degree funding.

Thanks

Louise

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending