The Student Room Group

Arabic Foreign Language

Why doesn't Arabic second language come with a textbook, how are we supposed to be studying? !
Reply 1
What examination is this and what board are you taking?
Reply 2
Original post by ab173
What examination is this and what board are you taking?

Examination for IGCSE Arabic Foreign Language. CIE
Reply 3
I just checked I didn't find books for it, but when Ioked at a past paper it's just basics of the language so I don't think a book is needed. Do you take this subject at school?
Original post by S.A.2015
Examination for IGCSE Arabic Foreign Language. CIE
Reply 4
Original post by ab173
I just checked I didn't find books for it, but when Ioked at a past paper it's just basics of the language so I don't think a book is needed. Do you take this subject at school?

Even if it is the basics of the language- we are supposed to get a textbook to teach us the basics. How are we supposed to know the basics without a textbook to help us, should we conjure up the basics?!

Every other second language offered by Cambridge comes with a textbook. I am really interested in knowing how others done this subject!

Yes
Reply 5
[QUOTE="S.A.2015;76575792"]
Original post by ab173

Even if it is the basics of the language- we are supposed to get a textbook to teach us the basics. How are we supposed to know the basics without a textbook to help us, should we conjure up the basics?!

Every other second language offered by Cambridge comes with a textbook. I am really interested in knowing how others done this subject!

Yes

The teacher should help you learn the basics in class, I'm doing first language Arabic and I was shocked that there is a book for that too. The books on languages fo IGCSE aren't that helpful to be honest. Use the sylabus as a guid and practice past papers to be familliar with it.
Reply 6
[QUOTE="ab173;76577046"]

The teacher should help you learn the basics in class, I'm doing first language Arabic and I was shocked that there is a book for that too. The books on languages fo IGCSE aren't that helpful to be honest. Use the sylabus as a guid and practice past papers to be familliar with it.

I am a distance college student.

Why would you be shocked if there is a book for Arabic first language?
Reply 7
[QUOTE="S.A.2015;76577754"]
Original post by ab173

I am a distance college student.

Why would you be shocked if there is a book for Arabic first language?

Because it doesn't have a certain format they want you to answer in like the English. A text book won't be helpful to be honest you just have to understand the language and a textbook won't help.
Reply 8
[QUOTE="ab173;76585478"]

Because it doesn't have a certain format they want you to answer in like the English. A text book won't be helpful to be honest you just have to understand the language and a textbook won't help.

I see, thanks for your help :smile:
Reply 9
[QUOTE="S.A.2015;76591428"]
Original post by ab173

I see, thanks for your help :smile:

You're very welcome :h:
I did Arabic as my own choice, should I drop french. I don't understand a thing and I did do pretty well in Arabic.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending