The Student Room Group

Could Airstrikes against Russia work?

Could airstrikes stop Russia from chemical attacks on Salisbury and Britain?

If Russian military bases, air bases and stetegic sites are attacked could that stop Putin doing these things?

The US attacked Syria for using chemical weapons last year so why not attack Russia.

The only problem is do we really want to alienate Russia when they could be our only friends in Europe after Brexit. It’s difficult.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Ambitious1999
Could airstrikes stop Russia from chemical attacks on Salisbury and Britain?

If Russian military bases, air bases and stetegic sites are attacked could that stop Putin doing these things?

The US attacked Syria for using chemical weapons last year so why not attack Russia.

The only problem is do we really want to alienate Russia when they could be our only friends in Europe after Brexit. It’s difficult.

How do you dream up this garbage?

No air strikes would be close to a declaration of war and supported by no one

You seem to forget that Russia is the second largest nuclear power..
It also has one of the largest armed forces in the world.

Your examiners are in for a treat this summer.
All airstrikes need to do is show Russia we are not a pushover. All it needs to be is bombing a few runways, military aircraft hangers and that’s it. There will never be any intention of killing any personnel, just damaging their equipment.
Diplomatically, it would make the situation far worse. Which is never good thing.
Oh you imbecile
All airstrikes need to do is show Russia we are not a pushover. All it needs to be is bombing a few runways, military aircraft hangers and that’s it. There will never be any intention of killing any personnel, just damaging their equipment.

Aye just wait until the middle of the night until everyone's left and drop a few bombs on some bases that'll do and definitely not severely piss them off
Reply 6

And they will retaliate.

Sure, the chemical attacks are despicable, but your Airstrike plan will create more problems that it will solve.
Russia has wolfdogs in their army apparently

Gee I wonder. Maybe the fact Russia has nuclear weapons accompanied with the most advanced nuclear-delivery systems and missiles in the world and that any attack on Russian territory would lead to the total annihilation of the United States.
Reply 9
Original post by 999tigger
How do you dream up this garbage?

No air strikes would be close to a declaration of war and supported by no one

You seem to forget that Russia is the second largest nuclear power..
It also has one of the largest armed forces in the world.

Your examiners are in for a treat this summer.

I've almost missed this lunatic
Reply 10

How are you proposing to get safely in and out of their airspace?
I second this plan, and may I suggest we send James Bond to assassinate Putin?

Oh yes and they respond with their numerically superior Air Force "**** off comrade, now eat our bombs"
Original post by DJKL
How are you proposing to get safely in and out of their airspace?

Stealth bombers if the RAF have any and if not they could attack Russia’s western county of Kaliningrad from bases in Poland. It’s not that far.
Stealth bombers if the RAF have any and if not they could attack Russia’s western county of Kaliningrad from bases in Poland. It’s not that far.

It's fair to say you're no Tom Clancy...
Reply 15
No-one can defeat the Red Army
All it needs to be is bombing a few runways, military aircraft hangers and that’s it. There will never be any intention of killing any personnel, just damaging their equipment.

I'm only fairly certain of this, but I don't think the Russian military shuts down at night time.

There might still be some personnel on base when we bombed them.
Original post by Drewski
I've almost missed this lunatic

Cant say the same. I have to assume troll as the other option is too depressing.
Reply 18

Well, just make sure the pilots have updated their wills.

Frankly they would likely have more joy bombing in the trench on the Death Star.

You are also being a bit cavalier re the likely retaliation, Faslane is only about 70 miles from here and I fancied growing some strawberries in the garden this summer, ash will not be a great growing medium.

I think I would more concentrate on us picking on the little kids rather than taking a pop at Mad Vlad in sixth year.
Original post by 999tigger
Cant say the same. I have to assume troll as the other option is too depressing.

Just take a look through his previous threads. They're all utterly insane.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending