The Student Room Group
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website

gay/bi community

just thought i start this as im going to kent uni after my gap year finishes and im bi and wanted to know what type of people are there
Original post by jackrgreen99
just thought i start this as im going to kent uni after my gap year finishes and im bi and wanted to know what type of people are there

Well I go to canterbury college and I've been to the university for open day and taster day, its hardly any different as canterbury is all similar... they are very reserved and respectful people but everyone talks behind each others back and forms into small groups thinking their superior to the group B,C,D and it recycles the years ahead... called competition. I'm going to do Maths at Kent in September 2018. This is also coming from a gay person, I've never got picked on or whatever just a few gay jokes (which is minor and not offensive)
(edited 6 years ago)
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website
Original post by ckfeister
Well I go to canterbury college and I've been to the university for open day and taster day, its hardly any different as canterbury is all similar... they are very reserved and respectful people but everyone talks behind each others back and forms into small groups thinking their superior to the group B,C,D and it recycles the years ahead... called competition. I'm going to do Maths at Kent in September 2018. This is also coming from a gay person, I've never got picked on or whatever just a few gay jokes (which is minor and not offensive)

Well that sounds fun .... I’m going to do accounting at Canterbury in September
Well that sounds fun .... I’m going to do accounting at Canterbury in September

I'm actually planning on becoming an accountant after as one of my options... and yea Canterbury is good and bad like all places.
LoL GEy!!!!
I'm actually planning on becoming an accountant after as one of my options... and yea Canterbury is good and bad like all places.

So are you out as gay or bi, i myself am not and doubt i ever will be
So are you out as gay or bi, i myself am not and doubt i ever will be

Gay and why not come out? You don't need to really as your bisexual I'm sure majority of bisexual people are closets from what I've seen anyway. My ex was bisexual though...
(edited 6 years ago)
Gay and why not come out? You don't need to really as your bisexual I'm sure majority of bisexual people are closets from what I've seen anyway. My ex was bisexual though...

me coming out wouldt really change things for me ( in a positive way ) and would feel weird around a few of my mates definitely because of stuff we have done in the past. although it is hard to meet other guys, like if i was to do tinder i would be to scared of being outed to use it
me coming out wouldt really change things for me ( in a positive way ) and would feel weird around a few of my mates definitely because of stuff we have done in the past. although it is hard to meet other guys, like if i was to do tinder i would be to scared of being outed to use it

Its a process are they homophobic or? Maybe move to new new friends? Go into messages now as I don't like spamming a forum like a chatroom. I've helped people before on issues I've gone through hard times since 16 (not sexuality but education or anything but sexuality) I'm a good problem solver why I like maths :biggrin: What region of England are you and are you an enthic minority like parents from another country or? (say in message as I'm sure we'll eventually get told to move it to messages by moderators)
Kent is great and it has a very active LGBT society with great support too. Search for them on FB or here https://kentunion.co.uk/activities/lgbt-soc

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending