The Student Room Group

Car insurance

Hello there.

I wanted to ask about these insurance companies.

General Accident and QuoteMeHappy.

Has anyone ever used these companies before?

I'm a bit sceptical about General Accident, as their quote was least expensive.

For a 2009 Peugeot 207 Sport 1.4 Petrol, Manual, I got quoted £1200 per year, QuoteMeHappy coming in at £1450 per year.

I'm not sure if General Accident is reliable company.

Anyone had any experience with this company, please shed some insight on this matter, would it be worth it?

Thanks.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Dwight018
Hello there.

I wanted to ask about these insurance companies.

General Accident and QuoteMeHappy.

Has anyone ever used these companies to insure your cars?

I'm a bit sceptical about General Accident, as their quote was least expensive.

For a 2009 Peugeot 207 Sport 1.4 Petrol, Manual, I got quoted £1200 per year.

I'm not sure if General Accident is reliable company.

Anyone had any experience with this company, please shed some insight on this matter, would it be worth it?

Thanks.

No, but I often look at reviews of companies I don't know... https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/generalaccident.com See link for reviews on it... Having said that, my insurance is with Elephant, whom my whole claim process for my recent crash (other side fault), their customer service was impeccable, and sorted everything out quickly and very simply, and they even sorted it out with repairer and hire car company they used for me, to return my car and pick up hire car from my house, free of charge when I fractured my wrist unrelated to accident and so couldn't drive to return car, and pick up my own... and their reviews on their are pretty atrocious as well...
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 2
Both of those insurers are subsidaries of Aviva. Aviva is generally considered a trustworthy company, although they are also huge so there are plenty of negative reviews of them to be found online. To be fair to them, Aviva seem to be quite on top things when it comes to responding to irate customers. I'd say you're probably fine but at the end of the day it's your judgement call to make, any insurance policy carries with it some element of risk.

Quick Reply