The Student Room Group

Aqa gcse french 2018 !!!!! Listening mock??

Guys oh my word, every single person at our school absolutely flopped the secret specimen 2018 papers set by aqa for our mocks like legitimately, no one could do them at all. The listening paper though oh my word, all of our teachers tried them baring in mind they all have degrees in french and have lived in france for large periods of their lives didnt even manage to get full marks. The A2 students tried it and no one could get better than 50%. I personally got 16/50 it is honestly tragic, french is my worst subject anyway but i got around 70% in the three other papers so a 7 according to my teacher but then i managed to get a 3 or 4 or whatever that is in the listening. because it was so hard our teachers arent even including them in our predicted grades or anything and are just deciding the exam board went off on a mad one but idkkkk im terrified. How did your guys schools do?
Reply 1
Original post by hopefulmedic_32
Guys oh my word, every single person at our school absolutely flopped the secret specimen 2018 papers set by aqa for our mocks like legitimately, no one could do them at all. The listening paper though oh my word, all of our teachers tried them baring in mind they all have degrees in french and have lived in france for large periods of their lives didnt even manage to get full marks. The A2 students tried it and no one could get better than 50%. I personally got 16/50 it is honestly tragic, french is my worst subject anyway but i got around 70% in the three other papers so a 7 according to my teacher but then i managed to get a 3 or 4 or whatever that is in the listening. because it was so hard our teachers arent even including them in our predicted grades or anything and are just deciding the exam board went off on a mad one but idkkkk im terrified. How did your guys schools do?

Yeah we also flopped it the best mark in the class was 25/50, but listening has always been the hardest paper by far, due to the accent, imo.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by LT13
Yeah we also flopped it the best mark in the class was 25/50, but listening has always been the hardest paper by far, due to the accent, imo.

Oh my god you have no idea how much better that makes me feel i think our highest mark was 27 or something that is so relieving. I know listenings always been the hardest paper but does that mean the exam board will just ignore the fact its insanely harder than the rest and not alter the grade boundaries? How did you do on the other three papers? (You yourself and your class)
I'm on Edexcel but I get what you mean, but don't worry - if it's ridiculously hard in the summer then the rest of the country will be in the exact same position as you, and the grade boundaries will be low, so it doesn't really matter how hard the exams are. It's just how well the rest of the country does :smile:
Reply 4
Oh my god you have no idea how much better that makes me feel i think our highest mark was 27 or something that is so relieving. I know listenings always been the hardest paper but does that mean the exam board will just ignore the fact its insanely harder than the rest and not alter the grade boundaries? How did you do on the other three papers? (You yourself and your class)

Lol I did quite well on the others.
56/60 on speaking.
55/60 on writing.
46/60 on reading.
Was one mark off an 8...

I think I got top mark by about 5 or so marks.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by LT13
Lol I did quite well on the others.
56/60 on speaking.
55/60 on writing.
46/60 on reading.
Was one mark off an 8...

I think I got top mark by about 5 or so marks.

wow that is insane, wait with them results you didnt get an 8? thats bull, at our school n its a highly selective grammar school that would be a 9.
Reply 6
wow that is insane, wait with them results you didnt get an 8? thats bull, at our school n its a highly selective grammar school that would be a 9.

Lol thx, guess we'll just have to wait and see...
i just did the french listening mock and got 15 marks, normally i do struggle with listening but dont tend to do this bad!! the papers are insanely hard
Reply 8

Everyone failed in mine, I got like 16/50 the highest was like 31 so I wouldn't stress, let's hope grade boundaries are lower!
i got 7/50 it was terrible

We all flopped too don't worry!
Lol, I got 15. Solid mind
I found it hard too and i got 66% I think that bodes well for me in the real thing which was yesterday
Yep we just did it today and it was quite difficult
My teacher told me, last year (the 2018 exam) the grade boundaries for a 9 in listening (AQA) was about 50% so it really isn't too bad if you bear that in mind
Reply 15
Really? It is the first listening paper i've done and i got 42/50. I didn't think it was too bad. Are the new ones easier? Btw does that mean 42 is a 9?
Reply 16
Original post by hanafetigan
My teacher told me, last year (the 2018 exam) the grade boundaries for a 9 in listening (AQA) was about 50% so it really isn't too bad if you bear that in mind

Umm sorry but the grade boundries are much higher that that. You needed 38 out of 50 so 76%

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending