The Student Room Group

Geography A-Level AQA HELP!

Has anyone got notes on the changing places topic that they wouldn't mind sharing please.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hello! I do it!
Original post by Oldl
Hello! I do it!

I'm screwed we've got mocks in a couple of weeks and we just started our investigation.:s-smilie:
Reply 3
What year group are you in?
Reply 4
id need this too pls
Reply 5
I’m in Year 13 and I handed my investigation October last year. We had no guidance what so ever. I went way over word count as mine ended up being 7500 words!! Don’t get hooked on it too much as it’s only 20% of your grade.

We’ve finished subject content so I can help with:
Changing places, Global Governance and Population/Environment
Hazards, Water/carbon cycle and coasts
Original post by Oldl
I’m in Year 13 and I handed my investigation October last year. We had no guidance what so ever. I went way over word count as mine ended up being 7500 words!! Don’t get hooked on it too much as it’s only 20% of your grade.

We’ve finished subject content so I can help with:
Changing places, Global Governance and Population/Environment
Hazards, Water/carbon cycle and coasts

Im in Yr 13 pal and the topics you're doing are completely different apart from the compulsory ones:frown:
Reply 7
Original post by theA-Levelflop
Has anyone got notes on the changing places topic that they wouldn't mind sharing please.

Do you need the whole topic or just certain parts?
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by coleh90

I started them from the AQA textbook but I dont have time to finish them. I have mocks for bio, chem and geography next week, coursework due in a couple of weeks so if anyones got them and can share, it would be GREATLY appreciated!
Original post by coleh90

woah ur message completely changed but I need all of it if you have them
Reply 10
woah ur message completely changed but I need all of it if you have them

I'm going to bed at the moment so I'll get them out in the morning (they're all in a workbook), also got some of my teachers powerpoints on it I can send you if you want
Original post by coleh90
I'm going to bed at the moment so I'll get them out in the morning (they're all in a workbook), also got some of my teachers powerpoints on it I can send you if you want

respect mate :clap2:the ppt's will be really helpful aswell. honestly thank you very much:smile:
Just finished mine coursework. I went a little over with a 14,000 word count but I have got 56/60. I would advise looking at the aqa examples especially the one for 60/60 on rejuvenation as this helped a lot as a good example to structure your dissertation. I feel that by saying 'it's just 20%' isn't helpful as I just took my mocks and only got an A but the coursework gave an extra 20% and secured me an A*.
Original post by johnwilliam1
Just finished mine coursework. I went a little over with a 14,000 word count but I have got 56/60. I would advise looking at the aqa examples especially the one for 60/60 on rejuvenation as this helped a lot as a good example to structure your dissertation. I feel that by saying 'it's just 20%' isn't helpful as I just took my mocks and only got an A but the coursework gave an extra 20% and secured me an A*.

14,000 words??????god dammnnn feel sorry for your teacher but AQA gives a 3,000-4,000 word recommendation. Anywho, congratulations on your A*, hope thats what you get in the real exams.
14,000 words??????god dammnnn feel sorry for your teacher but AQA gives a 3,000-4,000 word recommendation. Anywho, congratulations on your A*, hope thats what you get in the real exams.

Thank you as for you. I'm annoyed through because in my estimation, after looking at mark scheme examples, it should have been 60/60 but teachers don't want to 'risk' it.. :unimpressed::unimpressed:

Do you know what the grade boundaries might be?
Original post by johnwilliam1
Thank you as for you. I'm annoyed through because in my estimation, after looking at mark scheme examples, it should have been 60/60 but teachers don't want to 'risk' it.. :unimpressed::unimpressed:

Do you know what the grade boundaries might be?

For the coursework or the real exams
For the coursework or the real exams

The percentage for the overall A-level I think last year it was 77% for an A* but it may be lower this year
Reply 17
respect mate :clap2:the ppt's will be really helpful aswell. honestly thank you very much:smile:

Hi, if you pm me your(or others) email I can send them to you as there is a maximum upload limit on here. Completely forgot and have only just got to it now.
Original post by coleh90
Hi, if you pm me your(or others) email I can send them to you as there is a maximum upload limit on here. Completely forgot and have only just got to it now.

Hiya, sorry to bother you, but I was wondering whether your offer of sending notes on some of the topics is still standing?
I'm currently doing changing places, hazards and water & carbon cycles with changing places being the hardest to understand and revise. So I'm trying to get as many revision notes as I can.
hey you are doing exactly the same topics as me! do you have any tips or advice to get the best grades or any useful revision materials? thank you, im currently in year 13 and obviously have the geography exams in june, however i can never seem to do very well on exam questions

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending