The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by generallee
The BBC doesn't think it should bother us with the story. You will look in vain for it on the main news website, or indeed UK news. The only mention online I could find was in the Shropshire section of the West Midlands news round up. And that was just a statement from the Chief Constable saying this not new, nothing to see here, move on.

The extent to which the BBC (not the Mirror or the Times, kudos to both of them) are downplaying the evil and scale of this nationwide abuse is extraordinary. It is nothing short of a lie by omission.

They think they are increasing social cohesion, because of the Muslim/white child aspect of this. But it doesn't dampen down the anger and increase social cohesion, it makes things ten times worse. We need to explore the causes of this, and if this raises uncomfortable questions about some aspects of the culture of second generation Muslim immigrants, so be it. The issues need to be explored not swept under the carpet for fear of being accused or racism or Islamophobia (sic).

What gets me is, they could at least report that it is happening. They could always refuse to mention the ethnicity of the perpetrators.

However, ignoring this denies the victim the acknowledgment they deserve. Society has already failed them. Now parts of it are trying to brush it under the carpet.

By not even making it news, they are essentially denying it happened. Absolutely despicable by the BBC.
Original post by alevelmathshlp
Of course you call them ASIAN grooming gangs, when it is predominantly MUSLIM grooming gangs.

It's an injustice to the Chinese, Indians and other peaceful ethnicities who are living in harmony with the indigenous population and have integrated well

A British Pakistani person who is a non Muslim who is law abiding and integrate I would hate being put together with Muslim Pakistani.

A lot of non Muslim Pakistani in Britain are people such as atheists which are persecuted minority in Pakistan. They don't want be confused with Pakistani Muslim the people who persecute them
Original post by yudothis
What gets me is, they could at least report that it is happening. They could always refuse to mention the ethnicity of the perpetrators.

However, ignoring this denies the victim the acknowledgment they deserve. Society has already failed them. Now parts of it are trying to brush it under the carpet.

By not even making it news, they are essentially denying it happened. Absolutely despicable by the BBC.

What annoy me is the media ignored the racist murder of Kriss Donald a fifteen year old Scottish child by a gang of adults Pakistani. It was one of worst child murders in Britain of this century again the police did not stop the Pakistani gangs because they did not want to called racist just like with child grooming gangs.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_of_Kriss_Donald
Original post by Wōden
Ah, the good old "BUT WHITE PEOPLE DO IT TOO!!!" fallacy.

Yes, of course they do, but nowhere near at the rate South Asian (notably Pakistani) Muslims do. Your own cited statistics prove this.

Asians are only 7% of the population yet they make up 26% of grooming convictions. Can you not see they are staggeringly overrepresented in child grooming offences?

And you can break the 'Asian' population down further to just South Asians (because let's be frank here, it's not Chinese and other Far-Easterners doing the grooming) who make up just 5% of population, and it doesn't look good at all, does it?

Or let's break it down even further to just South Asian Muslims (because let's be frank, its not Hindus, Buddhists and Sikhs doing the grooming), who make up around 2% of the population.....

Well oh dear, 2% of the population are responsible for 26% of child grooming cases, and you have the gall to suggest white people are just as bad?

THAT IS EXACTLY MY POINT. That it's South Asians who are doing this not Muslims. If we're going to start calling criminals based on the religion they follow, then you might as well include the religion of the every single race committing those crimes and label it as WHITE CHRISTIAN, BLACK ATHEIST etc.
Original post by orderofthelotus
The two are not mutually exclusive. They are both.

There appears to be a hint of racism in how you're trying to separate the two, as if the "difference" we're supposed to be aware of is "everything bad that a Muslim does is because of their cultural background, not because they're Muslim". As for your denial of the fact that the group in question is potentially largely Muslim - your personal judgement on whether or not a person is still a Muslim after committing horrific crimes like these bears no relevance.

No, it's the fact that the facts says they are Asian and not say anything about their religion. You seem to have a problem understanding the difference between a person's culture and religion.
Original post by GeoMag4624
You seem to have been blinded by social justice

I guess, if that's your opinion.
Original post by GeoMag4624
Okay, nobody said you or other Muslims are. Not calling Muslims child sex abusers but the child sex abusers themselves are claiming to be Muslim.

Unless they themselves have said they are Muslims, you can not make that assumption based on the fact they are South Asian. I don't understand why people can't comprehend that an Asian doesn't equal Muslim.
Original post by ByEeek
Some Muslims you mean?

The gangs that do this particular crime are the absolute tiniest tip of the iceberg it is a massive problem within their community.
In the report that the Times wrote in 2011 I can recall an account of one girl a 15 year old child transported from one town to another to be raped to order.
On just one night, in just one house, just one young girl was raped by 50 men in their community each of them paying to rape her. They were queuing up the stairs and on the landing waiting their turn.
None of these men doing the raping we're from the Gang the were all just Ordinary Men from Pakistani community. None of these men have been being caught in fact they're barely acknowledged by the authorities who still insist on only talking about the gang members.
Multiply that by how many girls , in how many towns this has been and still is going on in.
These gangs are very much predominantly from the Pakistani community
The vast majority of British Pakistanis are Muslim.

So some muslims, yes.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by looloo2134
What annoy me is the media ignored the racist murder of Kriss Donald a fifteen year old Scottish child by a gang of adults Pakistani. It was one of worst child murders in Britain of this century again the police did not stop the Pakistani gangs because they did not want to called racist just like with child grooming gangs.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_of_Kriss_Donald

This is something we agree on. This is absolutely despicable.
Original post by yudothis
This is something we agree on. This is absolutely despicable.

Yes. The result of Scottish blindness according to the BBC.
Original post by simon_g
Muslims again?

... Please don't
Original post by RivalPlayer

I wouldn't be surprised if these scandals eventually end up igniting violent clashes in parts of the country.

Though the incident that triggered it was only a rumour, there was a riot here in 2005 because of an alleged gang rape case. It lasted two days and two people were killed.
So worst ever child rape scandal, and yet the Guardian could only put up a small article about it for a few hours yesterday (it was gone by the evening). The article made no mention of Pakistanis or Muslims and, of course, no comments were allowed.

These crimes don't fit the popular white male oppressor narrative; therefore, there will be no feminist outrage over this. Caring about MeToo, TimesUp and the gender pay gap is advantageous for Britain's self-declared feminists. Caring about this appalling problem is not. These girls simply don't matter.

I wouldn't be surprised if these scandals eventually end up igniting violent clashes in parts of the country.

Whenever you hear the words rape and scandal together be sure that there is no scandal and its motivated by a political agenda. Both the far left and the far right use false rape claims and exaggerations of sexual harassment to promote certain poetical agendas and accomplish certain political goals. Read the article in the first post in this thread. Basically, what The Mirror has done is listed all the sexual assaults committed by asians since the 80s and called it an organised scandal by asian gangs.

I remember similar stuff to this happening in the 90s when the conservatives where in power. Whenever they had problems, we suddenly start hearing stories about asian gangs.

[video="youtube;fEHVR9Hj_b0"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fEHVR9Hj_b0[/video]
(edited 6 years ago)
Are we going to see any apologies from any Japanese and Hindu people who were responsible for this?
Original post by CookieButter
Whenever you hear the words rape and scandal together be sure that there is no scandal and its motivated by a political agenda.

How cretinous and stomach turning. You all act like reality and facts don't exist if it against your politics. That's how so many young girls were allowed to suffer. And will continue to be/

Both the far left and the far right use false rape claims and exaggerations of sexual harassment to promote certain poetical agendas and accomplish certain political goals. Read the article in the first post in this thread. Basically, what The Mirror has done is listed all the sexual assaults committed by asians since the 80s and called it an organised scandal by asian gangs.

You're talking out of your arse, and making foolish claims.

There is a genuine psychosis where making sure the 'right-wing' are never taking seriously on anything, and cultivating the image of diversity as all sunshine and rainbows makes you not just indifferent to the horrors suffered by thousands of young girls, but actively deny it and seek to sweep it under the carpet. Disgraceful.

The facts are there, and you'd have to be a dribbling moron to ignore them and claim it's all invented. The stats of these individuals is shocking. I can't remember the numbers, but something like being 5% of the population but making up 70% of rapes and grooming of young girls.
Original post by Snagprophet
Are we going to see any apologies from any Japanese and Hindu people who were responsible for this?

It is absolutely pathetic how the word 'Asian' is constantly used when every man and his dog knows what is going on, even if the media won't say specifically what they mean.

I wonder how British Indians and Sikhs feel with the use of the term 'Asian'? And if the identity of the perpetrators isn't important then why mess about using by using 'Asian' at all.

So it's all a media conspiracy? All these girls are lying? All the men convicted and jailed in relation to previous "grooming" gang scandals are actually really nice guys unfairly sent to prison?

The facts are there: 87 per cent of the men related to the specific crime that is gang-based organised child rape were from a south Asian (mostly Pakistani) Muslim background a group who only make up about 2.5 per cent of the population.

It's time to stop denying reality. Pretending that this problem doesn't exist will only make the prospect of a violent response more likely.

I don't doubt for a second that its all BS. This asian gangs BS happens every time the cons are in power. its like their go to strategy for shifting attention from their f'ups. The used to do the exact same thing in the 90s every time they had political problems...back then it wasn't rape. It was "wild asian gangs going around killing people"...the moment they lost the election and labour came into power...those asian gangs stories disappeared over night...Asian gangs..lol I've been in London for 2 years now. I've lived in some really deprived areas of the UK. Never once did I come across a single asian gang...not even once. Lots of black gangs....irish gangs...a few English gangs but no asian gangs...not even once.

There are financial incentives for making false claims. Women are paid money by the government to lie about being raped.

https://medium.com/feminist-watch/feminism-and-false-rape-allegations-7b3b723f1a1

Thats not to include the money that they get from support groups and they are kept anonymous and they are not held to account for making false claims. Its win win. They have nothing to loose and everything to gain from making false claims. Thats why the majority of rape claims in this country are not taken to court...women in this country are on a false rape claim crime spree...that nobody is talking about.
(edited 6 years ago)
I don't doubt for a second thats all BS. This asian gangs BS happens every time the cons are in power. its like their go to strategy for shifting attention from their f'ups. The exact same thing happened in the 90s every time they had political problems...back the it wasn't rape. It was wild asian gangs going around killing people...the moment they lost the election and labour came into power...those asian gangs stories disappeared over night...Asian gangs..lol asians are the most passive community in the UK. I'm saying that and I'm not asian.

There are financial incentives for making false claims. Women are paid money by the government to lie about being raped.

https://medium.com/feminist-watch/feminism-and-false-rape-allegations-7b3b723f1a1

Thats not to include the money that they get from support groups and they are kept anonymous and they are not held to account for making false claims. Its win win. They have nothing to loose and everything to gain from making false claims. Thats why around 80% of rape claims in this country are not taken to court...women in this country are involved in a false rape claim epidemic...that nobody is talking about.

You seriously need to learn to differentiate between your own fervent, delusional imagination and objective, concrete, factual reality. Your current inability to do so is not healthy.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Wilfred Little
It is absolutely pathetic how the word 'Asian' is constantly used when every man and his dog knows what is going on, even if the media won't say specifically what they mean. I wonder how British Indians and Sikhs feel with the use of the term 'Asian'? And if the identity of the perpetrators isn't important then why mess about using by using 'Asian' at all.

Hi, I'm a British Indian. Perfectly fine with the use of the term 'Asian'. It's not like all of them are Muslims, and not all of the Muslims are particularly religious or driven by their religion to do this. Hence, it's better to attribute this to culture rather than religion.
Original post by Harold98
Hi, I'm a British Indian. Perfectly fine with the use of the term 'Asian'. It's not like all of them are Muslims, and not all of the Muslims are particularly religious or driven by their religion to do this. Hence, it's better to attribute this to culture rather than religion.

I didn't even mention religion. The overwhelming majority are Pakistanis. Saying Asian is an attempt to avoid creating anti Muslim sentiment though but everyone already knows they are Pakistani grooming gangs, not Thai or Korean.

Latest

Trending

Trending