The Student Room Group

Stress of what to do after GCSE's

I'm in year 11 currently and am finding the stress of exams mentally damaging and I find myself having breakdowns almost every night. My school expects me to go onto doing A Levels as I'm such a high achieving student getting grade 8's and 7's and a few 9's. However I'm not sure I would be able to mentally deal with another two years of even more stressful exams. I've been looking at other options like apprenticeships in childcare as it's something I would enjoy, but I always then feel like I SHOULD be wanting to do A Levels as that's what I've been told to do. Any Help?
Reply 1
If your getting this stressed about GCSEs then you really shouldn’t do a levels unless you become more normal and chill out cos the GCSEs are so easy
Don't take them because you feel you should, it'll be you sitting the examsa dn doing the work etc. have you considered btecs as they are more vocational? (more coursework based ) if an apprenticeship is what feels right for you do that
Original post by Sciencenerd101
Don't take them because you feel you should, it'll be you sitting the examsa dn doing the work etc. have you considered btecs as they are more vocational? (more coursework based ) if an apprenticeship is what feels right for you do that

Thanks for the reply! I've looked at vocational courses and the ones I'm interested in also happen to be the same as apprenticeships I'm looking at. A specific apprenticeship gives me a L3 qualification as well
Original post by ajayma
If your getting this stressed about GCSEs then you really shouldn’t do a levels unless you become more normal and chill out cos the GCSEs are so easy

Thanks although with a lot of my courses work has been taken down from A level spectrum, they're difficult!
heyy.. i'm looking into childcare level 3 apprenticeships too after I finish year 11. I just applied somewhere. You applied anywhere?

Quick Reply

Latest