The Student Room Group

Serious question for law students

If a guy gets with an underage girl, thinking she’s of legal age because she lied to him, will he still get in trouble even though he believed she was of age?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
It worries me that a girl is asking this. What are you plotting? Poor guy.
Yup !
Reply 3
Original post by Irman.g

Just a hypothetical question.
Reply 4
There need to be taken different factors in consideration.

Did the girl tempt him sexually?
Did the girl have previous sexual history with other partners?
If so, were the parent aware their daughter was sexually active?
Did the girl wear "revealing" clothes?
Did the girl intentionally lie?
Why did the girl lie?
Does the girl look underage?
Etc.

It's not that simple.

But, the girl lied. Meaning, the guy asked her about her age.
So, no serious punishment.
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 5
Original post by kristen2
If a guy gets with an underage girl, thinking she’s of legal age because she lied to him, will he still get in trouble even though he believed she was of age?

I was about to type out a decent answer, but I kinda have to know why you need to know this...
Reply 6
Original post by Supernova36
Yup !

The girl lied about her age. That means that the guy has asked her about her age, as confirmation.
He was in fact duped into illegal sexual relationship by the girl. The girl should do community service.
Original post by Irman.g
The girl lied about her age. That means that the guy has asked her about her age, as confirmation.
He was in fact duped into illegal sexual relationship by the girl. The girl should do community service.

That’s the law tho so there’s nothing that can be done.
Original post by Irman.g

Its sad that laws in this country are tailored in such a way as to allow women to exploit them in this way. False accusations are so common. Women who make such claims and it is almost entirely women who make these claims should get the same punishment as a rapist. No, a harsher sentence than a rapist.
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 9

I was talking about the considerations in application of the law, by courts.
Learn to read in context.
Original post by Irman.g
I was talking about the considerations in application of the law, by courts.
Learn to read in context.

Lol I’m doing a masters in law so I can read in context :smile: maybe it’ll be considered but he’s ****ed basically so

There is something that can be done about this. Unfair laws can be changed but people need to stand up to and challenge them.

Its a lot worse than this too...but I don't want to elaborate and give the OP ideas.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by CookieButter
There is something that can be done about this. Unfair laws can be changed but people need to stand up to and challenge them.

It gets a lot worse than this...but I don't want to elaborate and give the OP ideas.

Of course they can , I’m not saying it’s right. Especially when they meet, for example, in a nightclub setting and she looks about 25 but turns up to the police station in her school uniform !!

So, at the moment, the laws on the matter are fixed but yeah they defiantly should be challenged
Original post by Irman.g
I'm not impressed by your logic, even if you're doing a masters in law. Frankly, I'm disappointed in your answer. Hopefully, you will never be given the opportunity to sit as a judge until you reach maturity in logic. You sound like a biased, anti-male feminist.

lol what ?
Reply 14
lol what ?

Oh my... Nvm
Original post by Irman.g
Oh my... Nvm

Joking Jesus . Why so uptight
Unfortunately he would be prosecuted if it came to the attention of the police. Whilst this is an area of law that needs to be seriously reviewed, that's the current position.
Also Irman you need to calm down. She was just stating the current situation. Also your suggestions are irrelevant for this issue and your suggestion about the revealing nature of clothes are incredibly inappropriate.
Original post by HelenaSorrows
Also Irman you need to calm down. She was just stating the current situation. Also your suggestions are irrelevant for this issue and your suggestion about the revealing nature of clothes are incredibly inappropriate.

Thank you haha it’s true , that’s the law at the moment so :dontknow:. Clearly misunderstands the law by saying the girl should do community service .... lol
Reply 19
I am 19 years old thanks for the concern everyone but this is a hypothetical question. I only asked this because in many instances of underage relationships the man claims the girl lied to him. Was just wondering what would happen.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending