The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Black panther was the creation of a white man. Im guessing Stan Lee is a self hating white man?

Although this is pretty good bait ill give you that. Having said that, there are actually white people who believe this lol
Why can't we just enjoy a film without adding politics to it?

If its a film set in a fictional country with a fictional demographic that is Black then what is the problem?
Original post by Supernova36
Meow milky is feisty huh lol don’t turn sour :colone:

Original post by SuperHuman98
Why can't we just enjoy a film without adding politics to it?

If its a film set in a fictional country with a fictional demographic that is Black then what is the problem?
I think you are being very very racist right now, why are you saying its set in a fictional country!? Are black people fictional? We arent here to just entertain you on cinema screens!
Original post by It's****ingWOODY

Thank you , thank you very much ! :happy:
Original post by Got Milk
I think you are being very very racist right now, why are you saying its set in a fictional country!? Are black people fictional? We arent here to just entertain you on cinema screens!

You are being very fictionphobic, whats wrong with being a fictional country??????? :angry:
Why call it “Black Panther” and make the main charactar black? This isnt coincidence.

Idk if this is serious or not but it’s not black panther because he’s black, but because he dresses as a BLACK PANTHER lmao 😂 I feel like this is a joke but I have met people who genuinely think this so I gotta be clear 😂😂
Original post by SuperHuman98
You are being very fictionphobic, whats wrong with being a fictional country??????? :angry:
yeah you’re not funny, I dont find saying Africa is fictional very funny atall
Original post by mattchaamp
You're not woke for watching paul joseph watson youre just an impressionable, triggered, dimwitted idiot who cant think for himself.

Also, since when did marvel movies become a base for deep talks about society? Lmaoo, ****ing moron.

I hear a lot of pejoratives I don't hear arguments. I never adduced Paul Joseph Watson so that makes no sense.

So movies have no influence on culture now? Especially one which is widely popular with over 1 billion. Films are a medium like literature which can wield a colossal influence on culture/ contemporary thought.

Merely interested in why people emphasise the majority black cast in the film and why this is appealing to them. A lot of the discourse about the film is centred around race. It's not as if a majority black movie is unprecedented, there's a whole film industry called Nollywood.

If black people grow up and watch movies which are mostly centred around white actors and actresses I can empathise with why Black Panther would be appealing on this premise. It's almost as if we are a tribal species with implicit bias for our own race/tribe.
Guys, Milk is gonna come back to everything you say. No point in arguing with him, he has different views xD can't change other peoples minds for them :tongue:
Original post by Hirsty97
I hear a lot of pejoratives I don't hear arguments. I never adduced Paul Joseph Watson so that makes no sense.

So movies have no influence on culture now? Especially one which is widely popular with over 1 billion. Films are a medium like literature which can wield a colossal influence on culture/ contemporary thought.

Merely interested in why people emphasise the majority black cast in the film and why this is appealing to them. A lot of the discourse about the film is centred around race. It's not as if a majority black movie is unprecedented, there's a whole film industry called Nollywood.

If black people grow up and watch movies which are mostly centred around white actors and actresses I can empathise with why Black Panther would be appealing on this premise. It's almost as if we are a tribal species with implicit bias for our own race/tribe.

It's based on a comic. The movie is for entertainment. You far right idiots got triggered because a black movie was successful.

This isnt about race or anything. You've twisted this into your own far right agenda (you're a frequent racist here). If you've watched the movie, you'd know Wakanda is just a small nation that was cut off from the rest of the world. That's it. It's a secret place. There are plenty of other examples like Asgard.

The hype about it being all black is nothing more than about representation. That's it.

Omg this is what happens when you try to comment and talk crap about a film you haven't even watched. Wakanda, is a fictional place in which the characters in the film originate from. It doesn't exist. This is what they're on about.
Original post by ElyLaw99
Omg this is what happens when you try to comment and talk crap about a film you haven't even watched. Wakanda, is a fictional place in which the characters in the film originate from. It doesn't exist. This is what they're on about.
prove its fictional
prove its fictional

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wakanda_(comics)

Literally says it's a fictional country...
Reply 54
Its also a misleading film, I didn't see any panthers in the film at all.
Original post by mattchaamp
It's based on a comic. The movie is for entertainment. You far right idiots got triggered because a black movie was successful.

This isnt about race or anything. You've twisted this into your own far right agenda (you're a frequent racist here). If you've watched the movie, you'd know Wakanda is just a small nation that was cut off from the rest of the world. That's it. It's a secret place. There are plenty of other examples like Asgard.

The hype about it being all black is nothing more than about representation. That's it.

No one is going to dispute that it's fictional. Films can invoke philosophical/political discourse. Yes even those that are based on films, i.e Christopher Nolan's Batman films are known for not just being action orgies but for having overarching philosophical themes.

I'm trying to preclude incessant back-and-forth retorts but I would argue that more could be said about it than just "representation." I don't like identity politics but people bring it up constantly so I feel impelled to talk about it.

It's ironic how I am the one accused of being triggered yet it was you that couldn't resist giving me a litany of insults in the previous post.
Reply 56
You do realize that black panther was made by white people right?
Original post by J0jo
You do realize that Black Panther was made by white people right? @Hirsty97

The comics or the movie? I'm almost certain (correct me if I'm wrong) IIRC that is has a black director, writer and majority cast. With a white producer. Not that that should matter a good movie should be a good movie on its own merit.
your bad
Year old thread

Latest