The Student Room Group

Essex or Sussex

I applied for the accounting and finance (foundation year) at Essex and business, management and economics (foundation year) at Sussex. If anyone else has applied for either, have you had a reply from the uni? I applied a while ago and still haven’t heard back. Interested to see if anyone else has had a reply.
I applied to UniofEssex for BSc. Business Management in the end of November and got an offer after 4 weeks. They were very quick to process my application
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by mayaodette
I applied to UniofEssex for BSc. Business Management in the end of November and got an offer after 4 weeks. They were very quick to process my application

Oh ok. Not sure if that’s a good or bad sign for me then. You reckon I should wait a bit longer or try contact someone about it?
How long have you been waiting? Also I did apply early so there weren't that many applications. Right now everyone is applying and sending their stuff in so they could be overwhelmed by emails
Reply 4
How long have you been waiting? Also I did apply early so there weren't that many applications. Right now everyone is applying and sending their stuff in so they could be overwhelmed by emails

I applied on the 11th of January, just before the recommended deadline. Maybe because it’s so close to that date it may be one if the later applications or back of the queue?
Original post by Jroe1
I applied on the 11th of January, just before the recommended deadline. Maybe because it’s so close to that date it may be one if the later applications or back of the queue?

They usually take 4-8 weeks, that´s what my student advisor told me. You´re on the 9th week if I´m not mistaken. I´m also an international student from the states so it could be different. Maybe wait one more week and then respond.
Reply 6
They usually take 4-8 weeks, that´s what my student advisor told me. You´re on the 9th week if I´m not mistaken. I´m also an international student from the states so it could be different. Maybe wait one more week and then respond.

Yeah I’ll probably give it one more week or so. Hopefully that will be enough time for a reply to come through. Just wondering, do you know anything about Georgia state university or what it’s like/reputation. It’s just I have the chance to go there on a sports scholarship but I’m not sure.
I have a friend that went there but he ended up transferring to NYU because he didn't like how uninvolved the professors are. It's an okay school honestly. Im from NYC so from a national point of view, it's really a meh school. It accepts 60% of it's applicants. If you intend to stay and live in the states, it would be decent. Over here, jobs don't care as much about what school you went to for undergrad (unless you're going into law or medicine and then it really really matters).

You should also research the difference in teachings in the states and the UK. I got scholarships to schools here but the UK is known for better education than here. You guys focus on your majors and take classes to teach you about it. Here you have to take two years of general education classes which is kind of pointless. Plus life here (especially in Georgia) is very different. So search up the difference in lifestyles and see if it's a change you'd enjoy.

If you need anything else, feel free to ask.
Reply 8
I have a friend that went there but he ended up transferring to NYU because he didn't like how uninvolved the professors are. It's an okay school honestly. Im from NYC so from a national point of view, it's really a meh school. It accepts 60% of it's applicants. If you intend to stay and live in the states, it would be decent. Over here, jobs don't care as much about what school you went to for undergrad (unless you're going into law or medicine and then it really really matters).

You should also research the difference in teachings in the states and the UK. I got scholarships to schools here but the UK is known for better education than here. You guys focus on your majors and take classes to teach you about it. Here you have to take two years of general education classes which is kind of pointless. Plus life here (especially in Georgia) is very different. So search up the difference in lifestyles and see if it's a change you'd enjoy.

If you need anything else, feel free to ask.

thanks for your help. I've looked in to it for the last few months or so, but I'm probably going to stay in England. just thought it would be good to hear from someone who actually knows all about how it works. I do like the fact that I can just start learning about what I want to do straight away rather than having to wait a few years.If theres anything else I'll make sure to ask. Thanks
Reply 9
Original post by Jroe1
I applied for the accounting and finance (foundation year) at Essex and business, management and economics (foundation year) at Sussex. If anyone else has applied for either, have you had a reply from the uni? I applied a while ago and iI 9still haven’t heard back. Interested to see if j else has had a reply.

H HBS I am am sure z

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending