The Student Room Group

Grandma just passed away

My grandmother passed away this morning, I don't know what to do and who to talk to. I was very close to my grandma and loved her very much, she practically raised me but atm I'm incapable of crying. I'm in somewhat a dream like state, it feels real and unreal.

Can someone tell me what to do? I can't cry but I feel suffocated, my heart has been racing since this morning and my head feels like there is a boulder on it, but my eyes are dry.

I want to tell everyone what I'm going through but at the same time I don't want to tell anyone. I want someone to feel sorry for me but at the same time I don't want anyone's pity. I'm getting irritated over the smallest things and snapping back at family members.

I want my grandmother.

I need to know some ways to deal with this and someone's death, preferably Islamically.
Original post by Anonymous
My grandmother passed away this morning, I don't know what to do and who to talk to. I was very close to my grandma and loved her very much, she practically raised me but atm I'm incapable of crying. I'm in somewhat a dream like state, it feels real and unreal.

I'm sorry to hear that,

I don't know what to say... apart from this is something we all have to deal with at some point of our lives.

Can someone tell me what to do? I can't cry but I feel suffocated, my heart has been racing since this morning and my head feels like there is a boulder on it, but my eyes are dry.

No one can tell you how to grieve. You can only do what feels right for you

It's only just happened (and if it was an unexpected event, a massive shock) so you will naturally go through the grieving process

I want to tell everyone what I'm going through but at the same time I don't want to tell anyone. I want someone to feel sorry for me but at the same time I don't want anyone's pity. I'm getting irritated over the smallest things and snapping back at family members.

Well you've posted on here anonymously... so this may be the perfect place for you to let all your emotions / feelings out without any real comeback to yourself

I want my grandmother.

I need to know some ways to deal with this and someone's death, preferably Islamically.

Well I'm not muslim... but I would have thought being around your family would be an obvious start (if you're close to them)

As I said, don't force the feelings etc. you will go through them naturally in your own time

Hope that helps

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending