The Student Room Group

Independent Student - Help!

Hi, I am looking for some advice.

I am 23 and have applied for university with the course starting in September 2018.

I have been working full time since the age of 18 and have been supporting myself financially since then.

I have 3 years of P60's earning over the tax threshold and before that proof of working full time but earning under the threshold.

I also have proof of my car finance, personal loans and credit card statements.

Will the above entitle me to independent status? If so how do I go about applying for this.?

Many Thanks

Laura.
Original post by LauB
Hi, I am looking for some advice.

I am 23 and have applied for university with the course starting in September 2018.

I have been working full time since the age of 18 and have been supporting myself financially since then.

I have 3 years of P60's earning over the tax threshold and before that proof of working full time but earning under the threshold.

I also have proof of my car finance, personal loans and credit card statements.

Will the above entitle me to independent status? If so how do I go about applying for this.?

Many Thanks

Laura.

Hi Laura,

To be assessed as under 25 years old and independent we only need to see financial evidence showing self support for three years (36 months) prior to the first day of the academic year.

It does not need to be consecutive years, if you send clear copies of your p60s to cover three different tax years, with a cover letter and your customer reference number that will be sufficient.

Thanks Rona
Reply 2
Thank you for your response.Is there anything specific that I need to include in my cover letter? or just basics such as name DOB etc.
Original post by LauB
Thank you for your response.Is there anything specific that I need to include in my cover letter? or just basics such as name DOB etc.

Hi LauB,

You would just need to include the basics on the cover letter name, Customer reference number and reason you are sending the evidence.

Thanks

Louise

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending