The Student Room Group

Graduate Diploma In Law (GDL) at London Metropolitan University

Hello worthy fellows,

I am an international student. I have got unconditional admission offer from London met. and University of Westminster. Kindly evaluate the course content, course load and reputation of both universities. I have done undergraduate degree in business studies and I am working in Police department for last 3 years. Further I intend to do BPTC. Feedback from current students and alumni is appreciated.
Regards.
It is unlikely you will find people who've specifically done the GDL at London Met.

But I will say it is your undergrad degree which carries the academic rigour. GDLs are purposefully just ticking a box, and it matters not so much where you complete it. You can check out the module content of the GDL on the courses' website and compare: they will typically cover the foundational subjects (contract, criminal, equity ...) and perhaps a spare in another module. In that way, GDLs are going to be similar across most of the providers.
Reply 2
Original post by Notoriety
It is unlikely you will find people who've specifically done the GDL at London Met.

But I will say it is your undergrad degree which carries the academic rigour. GDLs are purposefully just ticking a box, and it matters not so much where you complete it. You can check out the module content of the GDL on the courses' website and compare: they will typically cover the foundational subjects (contract, criminal, equity ...) and perhaps a spare in another module. In that way, GDLs are going to be similar across most of the providers.

Thank you Notoriety for your valuable feedback. From your response I think its better to spend 7200 pounds in London Met. rather than 12500 in Westminster. Course content is more or less similar in all GDL courses.
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by Zain2114
Thank you Notoriety for your valuable feedback. From your response I think its better to spend 7200 pounds in London Met. rather than 12500 in Westminster. Course content is more or less similar in all GDL courses.

Thankyou J-SP for your valuable feedback.
Why do it in London? As its a standardised course, then I would be applying out of London, somewhere that offers good value for money and quality of studying environment. Do the course, pass the exam that way and then go on holiday to London if needs be.
Hi Zain! I'm an alumni of London Met and I can't praise it enough. I didn't study Law, I studied Journalism - but I can reply to you query about reputation. There is a real sense of community when you're on campus and the lecturers went above and beyond to help me in my courses. They've also just had state of the art technology installed in a brand new building as part of a project to make the University even more collaborative and to give it more of a community feel. The University also offer help and advice for three years after graduating too so that they can help you find a job or prepare you for interviews. I loved my time there.
Reply 6
Original post by HannahAldi
Hi Zain! I'm an alumni of London Met and I can't praise it enough. I didn't study Law, I studied Journalism - but I can reply to you query about reputation. There is a real sense of community when you're on campus and the lecturers went above and beyond to help me in my courses. They've also just had state of the art technology installed in a brand new building as part of a project to make the University even more collaborative and to give it more of a community feel. The University also offer help and advice for three years after graduating too so that they can help you find a job or prepare you for interviews. I loved my time there.

Thank you Hannah for providing important insight into London met. I appreciate your apt response to my query.
Reply 7
Original post by 999tigger
Why do it in London? As its a standardised course, then I would be applying out of London, somewhere that offers good value for money and quality of studying environment. Do the course, pass the exam that way and then go on holiday to London if needs be.

Thank you for the advice 999tigger. My elder brother resides in London so it would be easy for me to adjust there.
Original post by Zain2114
Thank you for the advice 999tigger. My elder brother resides in London so it would be easy for me to adjust there.

Does that mean free accommodation? I cant remember if you answered or I sai but be sure to ho t the open day.
Reply 9
Original post by 999tigger
Does that mean free accommodation? I cant remember if you answered or I sai but be sure to ho t the open day.

Yes free accommodation plus all the support that a family can provide.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending