The Student Room Group
Liverpool Hope University
Liverpool
Visit website

Postgraduate Study at Liverpool Hope University?

Have you applied for your undergraduate degree and already thinking ahead to Postgraduate study? Or are you completing your degree and want to continue your studies? Ask our team about life as a Postgraduate at Liverpool Hope.

https://www.hope.ac.uk/postgraduate/
Reply 1
hi i am beginning a post graduate with hope uni this October. is their any scholarships or funding to help with costs
Liverpool
Visit website
Original post by nikeera
hi i am beginning a post graduate with hope uni this October. is their any scholarships or funding to help with costs

Hi!

We have a number of postgraduate scholarships available. Have a look at our website to see which ones you may be able to apply for: http://www.hope.ac.uk/postgraduate/feesandfunding/

Hope that helps :smile:

Amy
Hi there!

I will be starting my postgraduate sep/oct time. Is there any way i can connect with other postgraduates so I know some people before I start? I did my undergraduate in a different university but wanted to stay at home for my masters so don't know anybody! Thank you!

Nikki x
Original post by NikkiS905
Hi there!

I will be starting my postgraduate sep/oct time. Is there any way i can connect with other postgraduates so I know some people before I start? I did my undergraduate in a different university but wanted to stay at home for my masters so don't know anybody! Thank you!

Nikki x

Hi Nikki,

Hope you are well and great to see you on here. Postgraduate Teaching degree induction takes place on Tuesday 3 October in the evening, and all students will be invited for coffee ahead of the Student Support and Welbeing presentation (which is also part of the induction). Academic departments should also have their own welcome/induction sessions where you can meet other PG students. Which subject are you studying? You may want to contact your department administrator who can also give you details on induction. If you need their contact details please just let me know!
Best wishes,
Andrea
Reply 5
Hi - how long on average do people wait for a response for a Masters course? I've been waiting quite a long time (over a month), wondering if anyone else is experiencing this?
Original post by sofia26
Hi - how long on average do people wait for a response for a Masters course? I've been waiting quite a long time (over a month), wondering if anyone else is experiencing this?

Hi @sofia26!

I think Ruth may have private messaged you about this, double check your inbox :smile:

Katie
Question to those who done a post grat at Hope - how many days where you in uni? I'm trying to sort out a part time job but until I know how many days/what days it's difficult to prepare for. If I reach out to the uni now would they be able to help me with their job finding stuff?
Original post by gumtrees
Question to those who done a post grat at Hope - how many days where you in uni? I'm trying to sort out a part time job but until I know how many days/what days it's difficult to prepare for. If I reach out to the uni now would they be able to help me with their job finding stuff?

Hello there, :smile:

As a full time post graduate student at Hope, you are usually in 2 days per week. It is also usually 3 to 4 hours per day. A lot of the courses are taught during the evenings, but there are also courses that run during the morning and afternoon. If you let us know what course you are looking to study we can inform you of the timetable for last year. Please note this may not be the same as this years course but it can give you can idea.

As a student you will have full access to our careers and employability team that can assist you with looking for part time jobs and employment for when you graduate.

I hope this helps,
Tom :shakehand:
Original post by Liverpool Hope University
Hello there, :smile:

As a full time post graduate student at Hope, you are usually in 2 days per week. It is also usually 3 to 4 hours per day. A lot of the courses are taught during the evenings, but there are also courses that run during the morning and afternoon. If you let us know what course you are looking to study we can inform you of the timetable for last year. Please note this may not be the same as this years course but it can give you can idea.

As a student you will have full access to our careers and employability team that can assist you with looking for part time jobs and employment for when you graduate.

I hope this helps,
Tom :shakehand:

Thank you, that'd be great! It's Robotics Engineering.
Original post by gumtrees
Thank you, that'd be great! It's Robotics Engineering.

Hi,

No problem,

Robotics Engineering last year ran during the day over 2-3 days.

Once I have a confirmed timetable from the faculty I will be sure to message you.

Tom :biggrin:
Reply 11
@Liverpool Hope University

I've got my place for the MSc psychology, which I know is a conversion course to get accredited but I've just seen the MA in developmental psychology that is a joint masters. What is the difference between the two (other than the joint aspect)? Is the developmental psychology course accredited in the same way?
Original post by Breeee
@Liverpool Hope University

I've got my place for the MSc psychology, which I know is a conversion course to get accredited but I've just seen the MA in developmental psychology that is a joint masters. What is the difference between the two (other than the joint aspect)? Is the developmental psychology course accredited in the same way?

Hi there :biggrin:

The MSc Psychology is accredited by the British Psychology Society (BPS), qualifies you to be a psychologist. The Development Psychology is a course to support teachers working with children/young people in an educational setting, you are not a psychologist but a supporting a child;s development.

Developmental Psychology (30 credits)

The module will explore contemporary theoretical approaches within developmental psychology. It will be covering biological, cognitive, social cognitive, neuro-cognitive, social and emotional areas development. The module will also be both research informed with a specific focus on the inter-relationships with classic and contemporary research paradigms within infancy and and childhood development and current theorising. A range of research outcomes relating to deep critical awareness of current theoretical and methodological advances in developmental psychology and how these impact on current views of child development will be central to this module.

I hope this helps!

Ruth :macarena:
Hi

How many days and what hours per week for part time study in MA Youth and Community Development please?

Thanks!
Hi @snaxalotl :biggrin:

Our postgraduate contact hours can vary however students usually can expect between 5 - 10 hours per week. For more information about our Youth and Community Development MA course you can check out our website. You can also contact the Social Science department at [email protected].

Hope this helps!

Laura :thumbsup:
Reply 15
HiHow long does it takes to receive CAS from Liverpool hope. Have submitted my requirement since first week of July 2021, but am yet to receive my CAS.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending