The Student Room Group

Missing an Assignment on purpose?

Hi, so without sharing my life story I'd just like to clarify that I'm in my first year of university, and I'm planning on changing course and restarting at level 1 in September. There are many reasons for this, but the main one is that I have been suffering from depression/lack of motivation around the year, and therefore I haven't been engaging in my seminars/lectures nearly enough. I have completed 2/4 assignments for this semester, with the third being due in tomorrow. I haven't started the assignment. My question is, knowing that I'm not going to be carrying on with this course in September, and first year "doesn't count", could I just skip this assignment? I know they'll give me a resit/retake in June, but by then I would have switched course so I would have avoided it all together, if that makes sense. Thanks in advance.
Original post by jessdog12
Hi, so without sharing my life story I'd just like to clarify that I'm in my first year of university, and I'm planning on changing course and restarting at level 1 in September. There are many reasons for this, but the main one is that I have been suffering from depression/lack of motivation around the year, and therefore I haven't been engaging in my seminars/lectures nearly enough. I have completed 2/4 assignments for this semester, with the third being due in tomorrow. I haven't started the assignment. My question is, knowing that I'm not going to be carrying on with this course in September, and first year "doesn't count", could I just skip this assignment? I know they'll give me a resit/retake in June, but by then I would have switched course so I would have avoided it all together, if that makes sense. Thanks in advance.

Have you talked to the uni you will be restarting at and worked out what their entry requirements are? Will they be considering these grades and are they aware that you may not finish your first year?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending