The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 120
Original post by Fazzy_77
If you know anything about the religion then you would know that killing an innocent person is like killing the whole of mankind.
As you are familiar with the religion, you will also know that "innocent" in an Islamic context is not the same as we consider "innocent". The verse you are referring to (5:32) and the following one (5:33) specifically list the people who can be killed, and according to classical Islamic scholars, it includes those who disobey Allah's law and those who "oppose, contradict or disbelieve" Islam.

These terrorists are obviously not muslims but are actually the enemy of Islam.
If they have sincerely taken the shahadah and follow the five pillars to the best of their ability, then they are very much Muslims. The fact that they follow a literalist and retentionist version of Islam that you disagree with is irrelevant. They claim that the "enemies of Islam" are those Muslims who modernise and adapt it to suit changing times.

The only way to legitimately condemn their actions is to condemn and reject those passages of scripture that justify their actions, not to simply ignore the problem.
Reply 121
Original post by Cod3tte
Hitler was an atheist, he didn't believe in God and was anti religion.
No he wasn't. Every German soldier has "God With Us" on their belt buckle. He saw organised religion as a potential threat to his vision of the state, but also saw its usefulness when controlled.

He also admired Islam.
"The peoples of Islam will always be closer to us than, for example, France"
"Had Charles Martel not been victorious at Poitiers, then we should in all probability have been converted to Mohammedanism, that cult which glorifies the heroism and which opens up the seventh Heaven to the bold warrior alone. Then the Germanic races would have conquered the world."
Just another symptom of a deeper social problem.
The idea that Islam can be successfully integrated into modern Britain is a fantasy.
Original post by TheEnchantress
https://tellmamauk.org/punish-muslim-day-letter-distributed-london/

This is so scary and worrying if this take place... 😨 It’s disgusting and just shocks me at how dark the real world is and how dangerous it is :frown: I mean we’re all humans and the fact that people are given points for bombing and throwing acid as if it’s a joke shows how much hate there is in the world 😰 #SpreadLove❤️

Spoiler

This is honestly so sickening to read. It's disheartening that there are people like that out there. Violence is never the answer, and the vast majority of the Muslim population do not tolerate terrorism at all so it's just upsetting that people think doing this is any more okay.
Reply 124
Original post by Cod3tte
Blair referred to the role of his Christian faith, played a part in his decision on going to the Iraq war. Does this make Christianity responsible for a war based on a lie?
If Blair claimed that some element of Christian scripture justified going to war, and it did indeed contain passages that could reasonably be interpretaed as promoting such actions, then yes, Christianity would be at least partly responsible!
Original post by QE2
But the Quran says that Allah does not love disbelievers.

It also says that hate and enmity for disbelivers is a good example for Muslims to follow.

So you don't love everyone "for the sake of Allah". You love them because of your innate human empathy.
Just sayin' like.

No offence but why do you like stalking my posts, if you wish to spread hatred make your own posts and don't reply to mine. Don't you dare try twisting my words.

I meant exactly what I said for the sake of Allah. Why don't you find quotes where Allah says love each and everyone as your brother and sister instead of mouthing of here. Just FYI your comment was completely out of order!!
Original post by ReadySalted28
No offence but why do you like stalking my posts, if you wish to spread hatred make your own posts and don't reply to mine. Don't you dare try twisting my words.

I meant exactly what I said for the sake of Allah. Why don't you find quotes where Allah says love each and everyone as your brother and sister instead of mouthing of here. Just FYI your comment was completely out of order!!

QE2 isn't abusive or rude in any way and he definitely doesn't spread hatred. He just posts counter arguments.

If you don't like it because your arguments aren't very good then don't post on debate threads.
Original post by Wilfred Little
QE2 isn't abusive or rude in any way and he definitely doesn't spread hatred. He just posts counter arguments.

If you don't like it because your arguments aren't very good then don't post on debate threads.

Sorry, counter-argument to what exactly? My thoughts? What got me triggered was 'you don't love everyone "for the sake of Allah". You love them because of your innate human empathy' Sorry does he control my thoughts because the last time I was aware I was the one who knew what I was thinking. And no he is wrong cos I fully stand by that point as I'd know rather than him speculating and making it a fact, I don't understand why he had to make that comment to contradict me cos thats not true at the slightest.

However, he is completely free to say what he wants about the religion as he did clearly and if I chose to produce a response then I will (I understand the concept of a debate). Thanks @Wilfred Little. :smile:
Reply 128
No offence but why do you like stalking my posts,
I'm not, lol! You just happen to post stuff that needs a respnse.

if you wish to spread hatred make your own posts and don't reply to mine. Don't you dare try twisting my words.
I merely pointed out the error in your post and supplied quotes from the Quran to show this.

If you consider posting quotes from the Quran to be "spreading hatred", that's not my problem!
Also note the irony in accusing me of "spreading haterd" when the Quran specifically states that hating non-Muslims is a good example to follow.
(I'm not providing verse numbers because I assume you already know them. If you ae not familiar with these passages, let me know and I will post the references.)

I meant exactly what I said for the sake of Allah.
Look, I'm sure you probably meant it, but that doesn't make it valid. If Allah doesn't love disbelievers and thinks that there should be enmity and hatred between Muslims and non-Muslims until they accept Islam, you can't claim that he wants you to love everyone, can you? Simple logic.

Why don't you find quotes where Allah says love each and everyone as your brother and sister instead of mouthing of here.
With all due respect, as you are the one claiming that there are verses where Allah says to love all the disbelievers, perhaps you should post them?

Just FYI your comment was completely out of order!!
Why? Because it pointed out a mistake in your claim?
Do you tell your teachers that they're "completely out of order" when they correct your work?
Reply 129
What got me triggered was 'you don't love everyone "for the sake of Allah". You love them because of your innate human empathy' Sorry does he control my thoughts because the last time I was aware I was the one who knew what I was thinking. Here, you are confusing "what you are thinking" (love for everyone) with "why you are thinking it".
You claim that you have love for everyone because of Allah. I merely pointed out that according to the Quran, this isn't possible because in it Allah clearly states that he "does not love disbelievers" and that "enmity and hatred is a good example to follow" against those who refuse to accept islam.

I'm not telling you that you can't feel love for everyone. I think it's a good idea.
I'm merely telling you that the reason for your love for everyone can't be Allah.
I think it's possible that you are making the common mistake of applying Allah's statements directed at Muslims to non-Muslims as well.

I don't understand why he had to make that comment to contradict me cos thats not true at the slightest.
I point out flawed arguments when I see them. Unfortunately, the words of Allah himself contradict you. I didn't write the Quran so don't blame me for what it says.
Original post by mc_miah
-Like any country, It has the potential to be. And that still doesn't mean discrimination and propaganda disappear.
-Cool. ISIS members are dying. So that means there going to stop committing terrorist attacks?
-Not really sure what you mean by "No history of racist thugs getting traction in the U.K". Either way whatever it means, there is racism in the U.K; it could lead onto a buildup of hatred which could lead to terrorism and hate crime.
-I agree its just a group of sad individuals. Doesn't mean they can't have a huge impact though.
-Yes there is. But this could potentially be an equally devastating one.
-We don't know if its terrorism or hate crime, but I certainly won't stick my head in the sand and preach "Theres far more worse threats out there guys! Just ignore them!". I'll keep my head above the ground 'till **** gets done.

Quite happy for the police to investigate it.
Nope I dont think its serious, nor do I sense here is any significant support for it. Quite the opposite. By making such a big thing of it then you are doing exactly what they want.
- You compared the UK to Nazi Germany in the 1930s. It is nothing like that if you have done any study at all of the period.
Carry on doing what they want though, they must be very pleased at the disproportionate amount of fear people have. It will encourage them to do more.
Original post by RivalPlayer
Just another symptom of a deeper social problem.
The idea that Islam can be successfully integrated into modern Britain is a fantasy.

Yet there are many thousands of muslims who live in the UK peacefully. pay taxes and contribute to society. Are they a fantasy?

This is so scary and worrying if this take place... 😨 It’s disgusting and just shocks me at how dark the real world is and how dangerous it is :frown: I mean we’re all humans and the fact that people are given points for bombing and throwing acid as if it’s a joke shows how much hate there is in the world 😰 #SpreadLove❤️

Spoiler

Hey, I know this is horrendous however I do not know whether you or anyone has seen the love a Muslim day letter thats also being going around? Its based upon the same concept as 'punish a Muslim day' however this one is more generative and loving as it is encouraging individuals to treat Muslims nicely on such a day.

On the other hand, by constantly giving attention to this punish a Muslim day is what makes these individuals feel empowered. This is their tactics so that it becomes one big 'hype' as such.

Aside from this I also comprehend the fact that 'love a Muslim day' can be identified as being contradictory as such however with Islamophobic remarks as portrayed I believe the twitter team has done well in this instance.

Spoiler

Spoiler

(edited 6 years ago)
Any evidence as to who made/sent this letter yet?
Original post by 999tigger
Yet there are many thousands of muslims who live in the UK peacefully. pay taxes and contribute to society. Are they a fantasy?

The faith Muslims practise will never be liked by the vast majority of non-Muslims in this country. That dislike will only grow with every new terror attack, every new grooming scandal, and every new provision that is made to better accommodate Islam in Britain.

How many non-Muslims really like Islam? Where are the non-Muslims who admire the values and principles enforced by Islam? Where are the non-Muslims who love Islamic fashion? The only people that really like Islam are Muslims.
For something to be well-integrated, people need to feel that they can eventually come to like its influence and not just be forced to "tolerate" it. I don't see this embrace happening with Islam.
Islam will never be viewed as an endearing cultural import in this country and that will always prevent its successful integration in British society.
The faith Muslims practise will never be liked by the vast majority of non-Muslims in this country. That dislike will only grow with every new terror attack, every new grooming scandal, and every new provision that is made to better accommodate Islam in Britain.

How many non-Muslims really like Islam? Where are the non-Muslims who admire the values and principles enforced by Islam? Where are the non-Muslims who love Islamic fashion? The only people that really like Islam are Muslims.
For something to be well-integrated, people need to feel that they can eventually come to like its influence and not just be forced to "tolerate" it. I don't see this embrace happening with Islam.
Islam will never be viewed as an endearing cultural import in this country and that will always prevent its successful integration in British society.

Theres a significant number of people who do not like and oppose any religion.

It doesnt have to be integrated in your sense (which is false) that people have to like it
. They do have to follow the laws of the country.
Original post by QE2
As you are familiar with the religion, you will also know that "innocent" in an Islamic context is not the same as we consider "innocent". The verse you are referring to (5:32) and the following one (5:33) specifically list the people who can be killed, and according to classical Islamic scholars, it includes those who disobey Allah's law and those who "oppose, contradict or disbelieve" Islam.

If they have sincerely taken the shahadah and follow the five pillars to the best of their ability, then they are very much Muslims. The fact that they follow a literalist and retentionist version of Islam that you disagree with is irrelevant. They claim that the "enemies of Islam" are those Muslims who modernise and adapt it to suit changing times.

The only way to legitimately condemn their actions is to condemn and reject those passages of scripture that justify their actions, not to simply ignore the problem.

Actually, 'innocent people' includes anyone (muslim or not) who does not wage war. We are taught to respect all people from all faiths. People who want to demean Islam like to cherry pick verses of the Quran and take them out of context. 5:33 clearly states that those who wage war should be killed, NOT the innocent people who just want to live in peace.

Our prophet (pbuh) predicted isis and said of them 'they are the worst of creation'. He knew they would believe in the Quran and shariah but said 'they have nothing to do with islam'. He said that those who fight against them are closer to the book of Allah than they are.

Islam is for all religions. It is mostly catered for Muslims, therefore obviously the preference will be on towards Muslims should it not? You did forget a point about reverts though. They were Non-Muslims previously and by witnessing or embracing something in Islam it brang them home to Islam. Therefore your concept of non Muslims disliking Islam is abundant here.

Spoiler

Spoiler

Terrorism is horrible.

I condemn these actions. Terrorism is absolutely horrible and abhorrent.

But no, I do not like Islam.
Original post by MiszshorTea786
Islam is for all religions. It is mostly catered for Muslims, therefore obviously the preference will be on towards Muslims should it not? You did forget a point about reverts though. They were Non-Muslims previously and by witnessing or embracing something in Islam it brang them home to Islam. Therefore your concept of non Muslims disliking Islam is abundant here.

Spoiler

Yeah. Fascism is a political ideology for everyone. 5000 converts currently in Germany today in 1939.

However, it is mostly tailored for idiots.

Latest