The Student Room Group

A level choices help needed asap

Hi everyone
Are these a good selection of a levels: History, Government & Politics, Economic (+ EPQ)
Are they a good range or too Essay based, like will I be swamped with too many essays every day?
Also, would these set me up in a good position to study fields such as law, politics, international relations, criminology etc at uni?
Or instead, do you recommend I do History, Chemistry and Biology?
Thanks and leave suggestions!!!
They are all essay based but if you're willing to put in the work then you can do it. For the fields you're interested in studying at uni they're pretty good options to choose. I would say speak to your teachers and also look at entry requirements for those courses on some uni websites. :smile:
Original post by Fazzy_77
They are all essay based but if you're willing to put in the work then you can do it. For the fields you're interested in studying at uni they're pretty good options to choose. I would say speak to your teachers and also look at entry requirements for those courses on some uni websites. :smile:

Thank you! Would you say doing all 3 is way too much essay writing or no?
It really depends how many essays and stuff you think would be too much, research as much as you can and find out how much you can cope with and work out an answer.
Original post by Help me choose
Thank you! Would you say doing all 3 is way too much essay writing or no?

It depends on you tbh. For me it would be way too much because I take ages to write one essay and I don't enjoy it either. If you're good at it then it shouldn't be too bad.

Quick Reply

Latest