The Student Room Group

TSR Film Club: Would you be interested?

This poll is closed

What should the TSR Film Club watch first?

Shaun of the Dead 26%
The Princess Bride 11%
The Fellowship of the Ring 11%
The Matrix 16%
Inception 16%
The Green Mile 9%
The Martian11%
Total votes: 700
Hello and welcome to the first thread of the TSR Film Club! This is something new to TSR, and to start we want to see who would be interested in taking part - so post here if you are, and I'll put together a quote list for when the first session starts. You don't need to commit to taking part every week, so even if you're just interested on an occasional basis, you're still very welcome to take part :hat2:

So how would it work? Each week, we'll put out a thread for the Film Club, that will state the film we'll be watching, and the day you need to watch it by. To get involved, all you need to do is watch the film during that time, and post your thoughts on it in a spoiler. There will also be a 'live' viewing on the final day of each session, where we'll try and get as many people watching at the same time as possible; you'll be able to live post your thoughts on the film, and won't need to spoiler it on this day.

As an aside to the above, we also have a TSR Book Club for anyone who hasn't seen already, and would be interested in joining! We're currently on session 5, with the 6th session starting next week :biggrin:

Scroll to see replies

I need some new films to watch, so count me in!
I'm in :yy:
I’m in, this sounds great :smile:
Yeah sounds good
Oooo, I'll join in :awesome:
sounds interesting!
Count me in :awesome:
Reply 8
I am in.
Absolutely.
I’m in:biggrin:
Sounds fun! Definitely.
Hey guys!

I'll add you all the quote list for this :biggrin:

Does anyone have any suggestions for a film they'd like for the first session? I'll set up a poll in the next few days :smile:

Spoiler

I'm downnn count me in

Posted from TSR Mobile
I don't really watch films :frown: but @CheeseIsVeg does:awesome:
Original post by 04MR17
I don't really watch films :frown: but @CheeseIsVeg does:awesome:

innnnn
watching the death of Stalin (film) tomorrow
Original post by shadowdweller
Hey guys!

Does anyone have any suggestions for a film they'd like for the first session? I'll set up a poll in the next few days :smile:

Hmmmm?

wonder Woman? Thor Ragnarok? Lord of the rings? Sucker Punch? The Princess Bride? Shaun of the dead?
Lets watch hush
Original post by shadowdweller
Hey guys!

Spoiler

Hmmmm, thinking about films that have been on my 'watch list' for a while :tongue: :

The Matrix
Blue is the Warmest Colour
Schindler's List
Rams/Hrutar
Inception
The Green Mile
The Martian
Dawn of the Dead
My Neighbor Totoro

Bit of an eclectic mix I know :tongue: I also appreciate it's a lot so no worries if you only pick one or two out of those for the poll :tongue:
Live viewing? Like a TSR Cinema we can watch? 😕

Quick Reply

Latest