The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

North has cheaper things. Everything else is fine, I don't mind most people in general. Londoner conventions are off tho. I hear rumours of people not thanking bus drivers and it makes me worry for the future of our country.
Original post by Retired_Messiah
North has cheaper things. Everything else is fine, I don't mind most people in general. Londoner conventions are off tho. I hear rumours of people not thanking bus drivers and it makes me worry for the future of our country.

So you’re telling me whilst there’s 50 people pushing on to get on the bus in a hurry to get to work/school stumbling in the bus you’re supposed to say thank you?
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Purplebottle
So you’re telling me whilst there’s 50+ people pushing on to get on the bus in a hurry to get to work/school stumbling in the bus you’re supposed to say thankyou?

We face that up north but we still drop a little thankyou” at the end of the journey. But I mean.. each to their own.
So you’re telling me whilst there’s 50 people pushing on to get on the bus in a hurry to get to work/school stumbling in the bus you’re supposed to say thank you?

You don't push, you animals

😂😂😂, I worry for it too.

How could you not say thank you?
Original post by anonymousxo98
We face that up north but we still drop a little thankyou” at the end of the journey. But I mean.. each to their own.

You don't push, you animals

Original post by showaeski
How could you not say thank you?

Guess it’s just a thing 🤷🏻*♀️, can’t blame me for it
Reply 47
What is considered north though?
Original post by alexg99
What is considered north though?

Don’t get me started. I have beef with people who live a four hour car journey south calling where they are the North. People from Winterfell telling people they live at The Wall. You don’t know what the true north is.. :beard:
Guess it’s just a thing 🤷🏻*♀️, can’t blame me for it

Could be something to do with the fact that most people don’t even walk past the bus driver when getting off.
Original post by Andrew97
Could be something to do with the fact that most people don’t even walk past the bus driver when getting off.

????? Do busses have different door positioning in the south? :confused:
Original post by cat_mac

I havnt been up north enough to judge that, but certainly in London you have a door at the front where you get on. There is also a door in the middle where you get off. So there’s a chance you don’t pass the driver when getting out.

This!!!! We have the exit at the end of the bus
Original post by yungaheartz
southerners have better accents

I second this.

Yeah. There’s no seating at the front of the bus, the first seating is after the stairs directly opposite the 2nd set of doors. It’s a general principle you enter at the front (where you pay) and exit in the middle.
I havnt been up north enough to judge that, but certainly in London you have a door at the front where you get on. There is also a door in the middle where you get off. So there’s a chance you don’t pass the driver when getting out.

Yeah I’ve only ever been on front door only busses, this is some black mirror sh*t to me.
Original post by cat_mac

Yes!

Get on at the front, get off in the middle.
Original post by Paracosm
Yes!

Get on at the front, get off in the middle.

Thanks, I was trying to upload a picture but failed.

Lol well you should have mentioned this. Obviously you're not expected to say thank you if you get off in the middle. Just like you're not expected to go up to the train driver and say thanks when you get off out the middle carriage. I thought you just meant you walk past the driver and don't say anything.
Original post by showaeski
Lol well you should have mentioned this. Obviously you're not expected to say thank you if you get off in the middle. Just like you're not expected to go up to the train driver and say thanks when you get off out the middle carriage. I thought you just meant you walk past the driver and don't say anything.

Well I assume because they are so prevalent in London, you don’t even think that the busses won’t be like that anywhere else. You assume it’s logical to have an entrance and an exit.

I feel like I really contributed to moving the discussion tonight for the first time ever.

Latest