The Student Room Group

Help, I’m scared for gcses

I’m in year ten right now, I’m 14. Recently I have had anxiety about my exams and for some reason been worried about growing up, I’m scared that I’m year 11 I will fail. As silly as it sounds I don’t know how to revise, I can’t remember anything. I wish I was younger again and had no stress of this.Are my exams really close or faraway? How do I remember things ? HELP!
(edited 6 years ago)
mann dont worry right now just learn and go over the things you know, its vital you understand all topics taught to you in year 10 because it'll save you so much time in year 11 when you have loads to revise for
Original post by sharri.coco
mann dont worry right now just learn and go over the things you know, its vital you understand all topics taught to you in year 10 because it'll save you so much time in year 11 when you have loads to revise for

Yes thank you I will, am I really close to my GCSE’s ?
Hey, it's alright, you're not the only one that feels that way. I'm in year 10 too and can barely cope with the stress of end of unit exams, never mind GCSE's! I've began to stick to a new timetable I made myself and set myself revision to do each night. Revising what you've done in school that day will stop you from having to cram last minute before a test and will be the most efficient way to manage your time. Also don't let stress get to you too much - your worrying wayyy to much, remember you've still got a year to go, and if you start preparing now you will be all set to tackle the exams in Year 11. Remember: Relax xx
Original post by Beth648

Yes thank you I will, am I really close to my GCSE’s ?

lol no honey we've got 8 weeks left and some of us still haven't grasped the idea that the exams are right there, you're fine!
Don’t be scared lol my GCSEs are less than 10 weeks away and I’m so chill about them (too chill probs but oh well) but don’t worry about it! You have another year so stop worrying about it
Time is running out far too fast for me. Still absolute loads to learn. Since you are in year 10 make sure you know what you were taught in year 10 so it will save you a load of time in year 11
Reply 7
lol you’re doing fine dw u have ages I’m year 11 n my exams are like less than a month I should probs start worrying
Original post by ASJ_12
Hey, it's alright, you're not the only one that feels that way. I'm in year 10 too and can barely cope with the stress of end of unit exams, never mind GCSE's! I've began to stick to a new timetable I made myself and set myself revision to do each night. Revising what you've done in school that day will stop you from having to cram last minute before a test and will be the most efficient way to manage your time. Also don't let stress get to you too much - your worrying wayyy to much, remember you've still got a year to go, and if you start preparing now you will be all set to tackle the exams in Year 11. Remember: Relax xx

Thank you for putting me at ease! 👍🏻
Original post by amyando
lol you’re doing fine dw u have ages I’m year 11 n my exams are like less than a month I should probs start worrying

trust me
Gonna be brutally honest and say I miss gcses. I'm 5 months into a Levels and HATE IT!
You are in a brilliant position to start revising and do well. Honestly, teachers hype up how hard exams are and will undermark but you will do so well
Thank you everyone for the messages! You all reply so quick it’s helpful ! My teacher scare us and say stuff like you are adults now, start revising your exams are soon’ but I’m obviously not a adult and there a bit over a year away😅
Original post by bluebells1
Gonna be brutally honest and say I miss gcses. I'm 5 months into a Levels and HATE IT!
You are in a brilliant position to start revising and do well. Honestly, teachers hype up how hard exams are and will undermark but you will do so well

I hope so! My friends always laugh if I dont understand something and treat me as if I’m dumb! - which doesn’t help

Quick Reply

Latest