Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by Toastiekid
You were up at 3 am:eek:
I hope you have a great day at school:hugs:
And please, look after your mental health:plz2:

Thank you so much! I means a lot :u:
Reply 61
Monday 12th March 2018: REVISON BEGINSSS!!!

The Gist: I meant to say yesterday that I got my unfinished character essay back on friday ( Brown one) and I got 17/25:smile: That's an 8:biggrin:. I just need to be faster with the same quality writing. Yet again it's 3 am. In all fairness I'm not motivated to work until around 9 pm after dinner and then I feel really productive but I would only have two hours to get everything done. I didn't even have enough time to get everything done today:colondollar: I officially started my revision today and I'm trying to bee kinder on my self(shoutout to @Toastiekid for the kind words) and not beat myself up over not doing any computing revision notes(even though it's also homework lol). I went to the computing revision session at lunch and got nothing done so I left and went to the library to write my descriptive writing piece which was due right after lunch- there were some mixed reviews, some people liked it others didn't- my teacher's marking it right now so I should get it back tomorrow. I went to the latin revision session after school but it was cancelled so instead I went to the library and did some latin and spanish while I waited for my ride home. I have a latin verb vocal test tomorrow and I haven't looked at them aside from inputing them in quizlet so I'm going to learn them in the ride to school.

homeworkLatin: Put all the latin verbs into quizlet (30 mins)
homeworkSpanish: Write answers to 6 oral questions on technology- I'm supposed to do double but I might do it later on in the week if I can remember (20 mins)
catch upBiology: I took the wrong booklet into school so I copied up the answers into my booklet (20 mins)
homework/revisonLatin: So I thought the first part of my latin homework was to write a 10 marker but then when I checked my firefly I realised it was only to plan it so I kinda saved myself lesson time (25 mins)
homeworkEnglishLang: Answer question 4 on public holidays(35 mins)
Answer question 3 on feelings of writer(15 mins)
revisionEnglishLit: Type up notes on the poem 'My Parents' and start the notes on 'For Heidi With Blue Hair' (50 mins)
revisionMaths: I got this book on getting your target grades in 4 weeks but it thoroughly confused me how I'm supposed to do 5 hours a day for 4 weeks of just maths so I adapted it and skimmed through session 1-16 (the GCSE foundation paper session- Im doing IGCSE higher) and highlighted important things/ stuff I don't know/ struggle on(30 mins)
(edited 6 years ago)
you have so much homework:eek:
Original post by hope2002
Monday 12th March 2018: REVISON BEGINSSS!!!

The Gist: I meant to say yesterday that I got my unfinished character essay back on friday ( Brown one) and I got 17/25:smile: That's an 8:biggrin:. I just need to be faster with the same quality writing. Yet again it's 3 am. In all fairness I'm not motivated to work until around 9 pm after dinner and then I feel really productive but I would only have two hours to get everything done. I didn't even have enough time to get everything done today:colondollar: I officially started my revision today and I'm trying to bee kinder on my self(shoutout to @Toastiekid for the kind words) and not beat myself up over not doing any computing revision notes(even though it's also homework lol). I went to the computing revision session at lunch and got nothing done so I left and went to the library to write my descriptive writing piece which was due right after lunch- there were some mixed reviews, some people liked it others didn't- my teacher's marking it right now so I should get it back tomorrow. I went to the latin revision session after school but it was cancelled so instead I went to the library and did some latin and spanish while I waited for my ride home. I have a latin verb vocal test tomorrow and I haven't looked at them aside from inputing them in quizlet so I'm going to learn them in the ride to school.

homeworkLatin: Put all the latin verbs into quizlet (30 mins)
homeworkSpanish: Write answers to 6 oral questions on technology- I'm supposed to do double but I might do it later on in the week if I can remember (20 mins)
catch upBiology: I took the wrong booklet into school so I copied up the answers into my booklet (20 mins)
homework/revisonLatin: So I thought the first part of my latin homework was to write a 10 marker but then when I checked my firefly I realised it was only to plan it so I kinda saved myself lesson time (25 mins)
homeworkEnglishLang: Answer question 4 on public holidays(35 mins)
Answer question 3 on feelings of writer(15 mins)
revisionEnglishLit: Type up notes on the poem 'My Parents' and start the notes on 'For Heidi With Blue Hair' (50 mins)
revisionMaths: I got this book on getting your target grades in 4 weeks but it thoroughly confused me how I'm supposed to do 5 hours a day for 4 weeks of just maths so I adapted it and skimmed through session 1-16 (the GCSE foundation paper session- Im doing IGCSE higher) and highlighted important things/ stuff I don't know/ struggle on(30 mins)

You seem to be organised and know what you're doing. :smile: I'm still here like, got an English test tomorrow and I don't know any quotes from Pride and Prejudice lol! (Swear the teacher said the test was next week :frown: ) BTW is the maths book you got about B.E. P.R.A.C.T.I.C.A.L ???
Reply 64
Original post by entertainmyfaith
you have so much homework:eek:

I know!!!:frown: The homework is seemingly endless:s-smilie:
Reply 65
Original post by Angel_Chen
You seem to be organised and know what you're doing. :smile: I'm still here like, got an English test tomorrow and I don't know any quotes from Pride and Prejudice lol! (Swear the teacher said the test was next week :frown: ) BTW is the maths book you got about B.E. P.R.A.C.T.I.C.A.L ???

I wish I was as organised as I seem:smile: The maths book I have is called 'Achieve your target grade in GCSE maths in 4 weeks'. i'm still quite confused by it:redface: I hope your English test goes well, don't worry about it too much we all have out forgetful moments( mine being constant:biggrin:)
Reply 66
Tuesday 13th March 2018:

The Gist: I was exhausted this morning and managed to get into school early for the first time in ages, I genuinely can't remember the last time I was early enough to go to the school library.

I had my latin verb test and got 31.5/40:eek:. I'm shocked that I managed to do that well without revision. The boy marking my test said I actually got 34 but I prefer to be harsher because you never know how harsh the examiner could be, especially for subjects like latin. I also got my latin Aeneid translation test back from around month ago and I got 19/20:biggrin:- I'm going to stick to my latin literature quizlet method which I trialled on this test.

I did a triple practice paper in physics and I really don't think it went well, there were around 5 marks on kelvin which i thought was a small topic in triple( obviously not) and there was a graph question which I drew a line graph for but other people drew bar graphs so not excited to get that one back tomorrow:colonhash:.

I was given a booklet on geometry test questions, in maths, from the topic tests that AQA has released:smile:. If your school is doing AQA maths I recommend you ask you teacher if they have these topic test papers, they're around 20 minutes long each and are quite useful in showing you the level and content of the exam:smile:.

In english I continued the unseen poetry comparison that we started in the last few minuted of class yesterday, then finished it in the lunchtime revision session. I completely forgot that I was poetry so I didn't comment on form:frown::frown:.

I didn't do any English, computing or enough homework today like I wanted but that's ok because I'm keeping a more positive mindset and taking care of my mental health. It's almost midnight and not 3am!!!

homeworkLatin: Finish sheet started in class(2 mins)
revisionMaths:Skim through and highlight the useful formulae and methods for GCSE higher tier paper in the maths revision book mentioned above(20 mins)
revisionSpanish: Learnt general vocal that I need to know(15 mins)
revisonGeography: Recap on the sources and issues of water pollution(25 mins)
(edited 6 years ago)
Tuesday 13th March 2018:

The Gist: I was exhausted this morning and managed to get into school early for the first time in ages, I genuinely can't remember the last time I was early enough to go to the school library.

I had my latin verb test and got 31.5/40:eek:. I'm shocked that I managed to do that well without revision. The boy marking my test said I actually got 34 but I prefer to be harsher because you never know how harsh the examiner could be, especially for subjects like latin. I also got my latin Aeneid translation test back from around month ago and I got 19/20:biggrin:- I'm going to stick to my latin literature quizlet method which I trialled on this test.

I did a triple practice paper in physics and I really don't think it went well, there were around 5 marks on kelvin which i thought was a small topic in triple( obviously not) and there was a graph question which I drew a line graph for but other people drew bar graphs so not excited to get that one back tomorrow:colonhash:.

I was given a booklet on geometry test questions, in maths, from the topic tests that AQA has released:smile:. If your school is doing AQA maths I recommend you ask you teacher if they have these topic test papers, they're around 20 minutes long each and are quite useful in showing you the level and content of the exam:smile:.

In english I continued the unseen poetry comparison that we started in the last few minuted of class yesterday, then finished it in the lunchtime revision session. I completely forgot that I was poetry so I didn't comment on form:frown::frown:.

I didn't do any English, computing or enough homework today like I wanted but that's ok because I'm keeping a more positive mindset and taking care of my mental health. It's almost midnight and not 3am!!!

revisionMaths:Skim through and highlight the useful formulae and methods for GCSE higher tier paper in the maths revision book mentioned above(20 mins)

Congrats on your latin test results! As for the homework/revision thing, I didn’t get as much done as I wanted to either, but health comes first :smile: Goodnight, hope you have a good day tomorrow!
Tuesday 13th March 2018:

How do u revise for the Aneiad, do you think you could send me the translation your teacher has given you, if you have a electronic copy. I don't understand the Verse at all and are you doing Druids and Boudica for Prose?
If I get into school 5 minutes before form then I'm happy, but I'm always sad that the gossip/drama always happens just before I get into school :frown: :lol:
Reply 69
Original post by indie.sxnds
Congrats on your latin test results! As for the homework/revision thing, I didn’t get as much done as I wanted to either, but health comes first :smile: Goodnight, hope you have a good day tomorrow!

thank you!:smile: I think that you can't achieve your dreams unless you find a work-play balance:wink:
Reply 70
Original post by Angel_Chen
How do u revise for the Aneiad, do you think you could send me the translation your teacher has given you, if you have a electronic copy. I don't understand the Verse at all and are you doing Druids and Boudica for Prose?
If I get into school 5 minutes before form then I'm happy, but I'm always sad that the gossip/drama always happens just before I get into school :frown: :lol:

What I do is i put each sentence into quizlet with the corresponding sentence on the other part of the flashcard then use the learn, write and test functions to revise. None of my translations make any sense, it's so confusing:s-smilie:. It would be so much easier if they were in at least slightly natural english. Wish I could help :frown: Nobody at my school gets there on time unless they're doing choir, a catchup lesson or sports before school:colondollar:
Reply 71
Wednesday 14th March 2018:

The Gist: It's a bit later than I intended to be posting this but here it is anyway. I have a computing test tomorrow which I have no notes for let alone revision:afraid:. I have a Stephen character question due tomorrow:ashamed2: which I'm going to try and do tomorrow before school by waking up at 6am. I'm going to a spanish oral revision session at lunch tomorrow. I'm quite stressed because oral is definitely my weakest part in spanish and I can actually speak decently when I'm not stressed but in the GCSE I'm obviously going to be stressed:bawling:. The only thing that's actually got me stressed about my spanish oral is that people have had their french orals the past few days and been getting full marks in the role-plays, one boys even got 98/10 overall:eek:. We marked the physics triple paper in class and I got 42/60 which is an A:dong: which is quite disappointing seeing as I've done so many past papers. Geography I had a cover and didn't do any of the work cuz I'm dumb ( prevalent optimism) so now I have extra work to do at home.

revisionMaths: Skimmed through IGCSE higher section and revision tips(25 mins)
revisionLatin:Did some Tacitus Druid's last stand on quizlet but i didn't retain any of it:dry:(40 mins)
homeworkMaths:Set1 Paper 2- 57-65/80:You need to be the teacher to mark one of the questions which is worth 8 marks (1 hour 20 mins)
Set1 Paper3- 62/80(1 hour 15 mins)
Marked them(40 mins)

P.S. I don't know if you've noticed but I've been prioritising revision a bit more recently.
P.P.S. I think I'm starting to burn out because of the late night- I can't function properly or retain any information. I'm going to try enstill a 11pm curfew.
Wednesday 14th March 2018:

The Gist: It's a bit later than I intended to be posting this but here it is anyway. I have a computing test tomorrow which I have no notes for let alone revision:afraid:. I have a Stephen character question due tomorrow:ashamed2: which I'm going to try and do tomorrow before school by waking up at 6am. I'm going to a spanish oral revision session at lunch tomorrow. I'm quite stressed because oral is definitely my weakest part in spanish and I can actually speak decently when I'm not stressed but in the GCSE I'm obviously going to be stressed:bawling:. The only thing that's actually got me stressed about my spanish oral is that people have had their french orals the past few days and been getting full marks in the role-plays, one boys even got 98/10 overall:eek:. We marked the physics triple paper in class and I got 42/60 which is an A:dong: which is quite disappointing seeing as I've done so many past papers. Geography I had a cover and didn't do any of the work cuz I'm dumb ( prevalent optimism) so now I have extra work to do at home.

revisionMaths: Skimmed through IGCSE higher section and revision tips(25 mins)
revisionLatin:Did some Tacitus Druid's last stand on quizlet but i didn't retain any of it:dry:(40 mins)
homeworkMaths:Set1 Paper 2- 57-65/80:You need to be the teacher to mark one of the questions which is worth 8 marks (1 hour 20 mins)
Set1 Paper3- 62/80(1 hour 15 mins)
Marked them(40 mins)

P.S. I don't know if you've noticed but I've been prioritising revision a bit more recently.
P.P.S. I think I'm starting to burn out because of the late night- I can't function properly or retain any information. I'm going to try enstill a 11pm curfew.

Revision is important, but remember to get enough sleep. 😴😇😴
Reply 73
Thursday 15th March 2018:

The Gist: We were given a maths booklet full of algebra topic test and were finishing it in tomorrow's lesson. Had another cover in geography so I did nothing again. The computing test got postponed to tomorrow but I still haven't revised:facepalm:I got a 27/48 in my chemistry analysis test:cry::cry2::sigh: I got 28/40 in my descriptive/narrative writing- a B:thumbsdown: and started revision in biology which was actually quite good. Oh and I went to the Spanish oral revision session at lunch and I was terrible, I really need to improve. Over half term I was fine but then when i did it with my teacher I stressed out and blanked. All in all today wasn't great and I'm trying to stay positive but I'm quite unmotivated at the moment. I have a biology triple mock next week and a making salts and solubility test on Monday. I plan on revising some computing tomorrow morning on the way into school

homeworkMaths: 1/4 of the Geometry topic tests
revisionMaths: Made notes on the highlighted things in the foundation section (30 mins)
homeworkChemistry: Answered the questions in the revision booklet(25 mins)
revisionComputing:Read through all the chapter 5 notes(30 mins)
revisionSpanish:Vocab on Cambios medioambientales(15 mins)
Reply 74
Sunday 18th March 2018:

The Gist: Didn't do any work on Friday and Saturday cuz I was busy-ish( had one thing each day and refused to do any work). I hate boys, they're so racist. Obviously I don't mean all boys and I don't hate them, it's just that the boys at my school are so racist that I can't deal with them and it make me o frustrated that i want to scream and cry at the same time. Basically, I'm a Sikh (more atheist) girl and a lot of people think that I'm Muslim because I'm brown. The first thing that someone ever said to me is" How Muslim are you?" and it just baffles me because you can't just assume someone's religion based off their skin tone, you ask them, just like you do with names. But on top of the racism, it's the denial of it. They are more offended to be called racist than actually be racist and only make an effort in defending themselves and their actions. There are a few angels who realised that they've said something racist, not because they have ,malicious intent but because they're so used to hearing their friends say it that they don't realise how bad it is until they say it in a more public setting. It's just so frustrating because I feel hopeless and as if there's nothing I can do because eventually as I go into the work world, calling out racism will get me fired. I just want to scream and cry because the worlds so messed up and thankfully I don't have internalised racism but being in such a toxic environment is obviously bad for my mental health. I don't want to leave my current school because I won't be able to make new friends who are genuine human being and because I need to be exposed to this environment because when I go into medicine this is what I'm going to have to deal with. I'm also scared that people won't want to be friends with me because I'm brown. I've heard people say "Don't talk to her, her Dad's probably a terrorist- he's muslim" about my muslim friend and I just don't know anymore. I think I'd be fine making new friends to be honest and I didn't truly notice how toxic my school is until I wrote this post, now I can see why so many people are leaving. FYI It's 3 am so my emotions ae slightly heightened.

extraWorkExperience: Wrote my Email and Application letter and sent it to my dad to proof read it(1 hour 30 mins)
homeworkMaths:Finished the reusing 3/4 of the Geometry booklet(1 hour)
revisionMaths:Notes on highlighted things in GCSE higher chapter(1 hour)
revision/homeworkChemistry: Made notes for salts test tomorrow(1 hour)
homeworkPhysics:Did the double paper- triple paper still to be done for tomorrow but it's late and I'm exhausted(mentally, emotionally and physically) because I didn't start until 9pm again. (1 hour 15 mins)
Reply 75
Monday 19th March 2018:

The Gist: I'm not sure if anyone still watches this but I'm not exactly in a good state at the moment. I really want to do well but I continue to revert to my bad habit of procrastinating and totally messing my life up. Got a 20/54 in my computing test and the chemistry test was sh*t. Went to Computing revision session at lunch and latin revision session after school.

revisionSpanish: Piensa globalmente vocal on quizlet (20 mins)
look after yourself:hugs:
and you still have time to improve, don't worry!
Reply 77
Thursday 22nd March 2018:

The Gist: The past few nights the 3 hours of sleep have really hit me so today I ended up having a break down so I went into school late and my mum is going to make sure that I'm done by 11pm latest every night. The idea of doing this has kinda been a chore but I know it's going to help me, and I want something which I can look back on not matter where I am in the future. Since Tuesday: I got 8/8 in my latin 8 marker from a while ago, my teacher forgot to give my 10 marker a mark. I had the biology mock which I got an A in, then I did another paper but I forgot what I needed to improve on so i got another A. I did the house cross country race, my house were in 1st place until I ran and then I walked half of the 3.4k and got over taken by 8 people so that's great. Not much else has happened, my year has been empty this week because of art, drama and practice d of e. I learnt the first bar of River Flows in You ( piano piece) all be it slow, I haven't played the piano in 9 months and I absolutely used to hate it but losing it for a while made me appreciate it more.BTW I might scrap the time frames soon because they are not a representation of my productivity.

Tuesday:
revisionLatin: Wrote the analysis of 8 Aeneid sections on the flashcards(2.5 hour)

Wednesday:
revisionLatin:Wrote the analysis of 6 Aeneid sections on the flashcards(2 hours)
homeworkSpanish:Did the homework sheet(30 mins)
Marked it (15 mins)
revisionSpanish: Answered 4 spanish oral questions(30 mins)
revisionMaths:Read through notes(1 hour)
Start set 2 paper 1( 30-45 mins, I started falling asleep because it was after 1am)

Today:
revisionMaths: Finished Maths paper(30 mins)
Marked it-51/80 :frown: (15 mins)
revisionGeography:Finished A3 ecosystems sheet started in class(15 mins)
revisionSpanish: Piensa globalmente vocal(15 mins)

OMG I just realised this I've have this blog for a month:shock:
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 78
Friday 23rd March 2018: Intense Revision Begins

The Gist: School finished today. Idk if i already said but in my chemistry papers i got 27/48 :frown: and 37/49:frown:. I'm quite disappointed because I actually revised for those. Now that term has finished I don't have much time to revise. I'm doing 6-8 hours a day depending on my motivation. I'm vaguely sticking to 8,8,8( 8 hours sleep, 8 hours revision, 8 hours relaxation) but also 3,2,1( work 9am-12pm, 2pm-4pm and 6pm-7pm).

classGeography: Did another A3 ecosystems sheet(one box to be completed tomorrow)
revisionSpanish:Piensa globalmente quizlet recap
revisionLatin: Read through Aeneid sections 8-20 notes
revisionChemistry: Made quizlet cards on salts topic
Did 10/14 salts exam questions(to be finished tomorrow morning)

Guess how long this all took me.
Just found this and read through it (briefly, with my limited half past 8 in the morning brain functionality level). This is probably one of my favourites I've found simply cause it's often so in detail- I like that. I can never think of what to write in my one. Good work though! Also your school already finished for Easter? Lucky (though maybe not), we have another week.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending